Carnival cuts daily service Princess to follow?

cruzsnooze

It's been a few years since we cruised Carnival but my recollection was that they had TWO stewards for every section. There was the main steward and then his/her assistant and both were almost always available. Perhaps this is why Carnival, in particular, is putting out this questionnaire. Even HAL always had two stewards in the area at a time. Princess was the first, again by our recollection, to only have one steward assigned to our area and that has now been on our past 12 cruises.
That would certainly explain why Carnival can make such a change and Princess can't.

It also makes this discussion moot.

I would be very upset if Princess took away twice daily room servicing. On a cruise, we usually take 2 showers a day so need clean, dry towels replaced in the evening. It's fun to return to your stateroom to find chocolates and your bed turned down. Sand gets in the room from the day's activities and needs to be cleaned up. Replacement beach towels are often needed. In a 3 star hotel, there's no turndown service, but in a 5 star, there is. Though Princess isn't 5 star, it is certainly more premium than Carnival and should come with some more luxurious experiences/perks. Stripping away the luxuries of cruising simply takes away the reasons people turn to cruises as opposed to land vacations, and that just hurts the cruise industry. I've noted this with the decline in service. Service used to be a reason I'd give my friends and family of why they should cruise, and now it's inconsistent, sometimes awesome and sometimes subpar.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app