VOOM Pricing doesn't make sense

In my cruise planner, I can buy VOOM internet for 1 device for $9.99 a day or for 2 devices for $16.99 per device per day. What am I missing here? That pricing doesn't make sense at all. Can you just buy 2 single device plans for $9.99 each?

hapster85- Thank you for clarifying. I did misunderstand what I read. I was thinking in terms of stateroom...as in we would have 2 devices per stateroom and it would be $16.99/person.

Swoopy2110- No need to insult my intelligence. Just a swift reminder as to why I never post on these boards.

Swoopy2110- No need to insult my intelligence. Just a swift reminder as to why I never post on these boards.

I agree. I don't get why people need to be rude and mean. Any question is OK IMO. Never a stupid question!

On Adventure now (and last week) the pre-purchase pkg at $9.99 per day which actually came out to be $63.63 was the best price and has worked out great for us...as both of us didn't need to have access at the same time.

So glad I pre-purchased because regardless of C&A level the $9.99 per day even as a D+ it couldn't be beat.

On Adventure now (and last week) the pre-purchase pkg at $9.99 per day which actually came out to be $63.63 was the best price and has worked out great for us...as both of us didn't need to have access at the same time.

So glad I pre-purchased because regardless of C&A level the $9.99 per day even as a D+ it couldn't be beat.

Do you recall what the D+ discount was? I'm curious if it has changed since the VOOM pricing went into effect.

Do you recall what the D+ discount was? I'm curious if it has changed since the VOOM pricing went into effect.

It's $39.98 or two free days.

BTW...Sad that now with Voom the crew is being charged more...according to concierge.

Edited by Ashland

We just came off the Anthem of the Seas and we all had major issues connecting and staying connected with VOOM.

We had four cabins and we all individually purchased (prior to boarding) VOOM with streaming.....it was supposed to be faster. The problem was we all had a difficult time connecting and once we connected it would just keep spinning around. Didn't even attempt to stream music. We were just trying to connect to read e-mail and Facebook.

Went down to guest services a couple of times to complain and it always connected there. But in our balcony stateroom and through out public areas on the ship it was very inconsistent.

Thank-you, so the two days is same as before, but the $40 seems to be less than before.

On our pre voom cruise in April the D+ discount was $80 which gave the last 4 days free using coupon. Now the daily rate for the whole cruise is $9.99, still get 4 free days at the end of a cruise.

Pete

I am traveling with a group of 12 and we will have at least 12 devices with us across 6 staterooms. Can we buy just one 4 device package for the group if we never plan on having more than 4 of the 12 devices connected at one time?

What is the connection process like with Voom once on board?

The way I understand this is that you are given a password to use so while only one device can be connected at a time you can switch between devices. Therefore, yes I believe you could buy for four devices and switch out amongst them. Please correct me if I'm wrong folks[emoji3]

I am traveling with a group of 12 and we will have at least 12 devices with us across 6 staterooms. Can we buy just one 4 device package for the group if we never plan on having more than 4 of the 12 devices connected at one time?

What is the connection process like with Voom once on board?

Yes, you can share your 4-device package with any number of different devices.

All you do is connect to the wireless, bring up any web page, and you will be prompted for ID information and plan selection. Then you create your username and password, which will be the same for all 4 simultaneous connections.

On our pre voom cruise in April the D+ discount was $80 which gave the last 4 days free using coupon. Now the daily rate for the whole cruise is $9.99, still get 4 free days at the end of a cruise.

Pete

Makes sense, thanks Pete.

So many times on the boards, we talk about how RCCL is going down hill. But my experience with voom and the two devices has been so much an improvement over the old on-line access. I say here here Royal, bloody good!

Edited by gadaboutgal

Did you look at the packages on board? The SURF package should have been about $51(91-40) or even better than the weird math pre cruise price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So many times on the boards, we talk about how RCCL is going down hill. But my experience with zoon and the two devices has been so much an improvement over the old on-line access. I say here here Royal, bloody good!

I agree, the real VOOM such as they have on Oasis and Quantum classes is an outstanding improvement. However, just renaming the old internet to VOOM is not a positive development.

• 8 months later...
Okay, this doesn't make any sense to me. $8.99/day for single user. $21.99/day for 2 users. Why would you purchase the 2 user package when purchasing 2 single user packages would be cheaper? Did they screw up the pricing tiers? This is for the 2/20/17 Brilliance of the Seas cruise out of Tampa.

It appears to me that they are starting a sale for Super Bowl weekend, and a few things in the cruise planner are on sale. You will probably see something later that they are offering it at 50% off for this weekend only.

I noticed the refreshment package is also on sale. And I think Chops might be as well.

It appears to me that they are starting a sale for Super Bowl weekend, and a few things in the cruise planner are on sale. You will probably see something later that they are offering it at 50% off for this weekend only.

I noticed the refreshment package is also on sale. And I think Chops might be as well.

Are you referring specifically to the cruise in the quote, or is the sale for all cruises? I was hoping to hit a sale for my internet and beverage package since it seems my new hobby is trying to find ways to save a buck on my upcoming cruise lol

Thanks Serena,

Just checked out our Harmony cruise and things are definitely on sale, although I bought everything during the last sale so most prices are within a couple $ in total. Too bad they don't have anything available for Oasis in 2017 or I would have locked in some prices now.