Fly2Fun

cocacola86

We are on the Vista in September and we booked the Fly2Fun flexible fare back in january. We just paid off the cruise (and airfare via Carnival) on Monday. I have been trying to upgrade from an Economy fare to a Premium Economy fare for our flight from Minneapolis to Paris -- it then goes from Paris to Athens but I don't really care to upgrade for that or for any of the segments on the way back.

I've been going back and forth between my travel agent and Air France which is the airline for the flights to Athens and you'd think I was asking for the moon. No one has been able to help me.

Carnival told my TA that I should call Air France to upgrade. I call Air France and they say because it shows "zero" for a fare because it's a so-called "bulk" airfare, I need to call Carnival......get the picture?

This has been going on for 4 days now. Now remember, I booked the "flexible" airfare....and still paid over $980 per person, which is fine, but for God's sake, can't someone do something? I want to pay my hard-earned money to upgrade to a step up from Economy and you'd think I was trying to reinvent the friggin' wheel.

Anyways.....so my TA is going to try again Monday because by the time she'd been on hold with both Carnival and Air France, Carnival had closed their offices for the day and she couldn't get to the Air/Travel dept. (big sigh....).

help.......:eek:

We are on the Vista in September and we booked the Fly2Fun flexible fare back in january. We just paid off the cruise (and airfare via Carnival) on Monday. I have been trying to upgrade from an Economy fare to a Premium Economy fare for our flight from Minneapolis to Paris -- it then goes from Paris to Athens but I don't really care to upgrade for that or for any of the segments on the way back.

I've been going back and forth between my travel agent and Air France which is the airline for the flights to Athens and you'd think I was asking for the moon. No one has been able to help me.

Carnival told my TA that I should call Air France to upgrade. I call Air France and they say because it shows "zero" for a fare because it's a so-called "bulk" airfare, I need to call Carnival......get the picture?

This has been going on for 4 days now. Now remember, I booked the "flexible" airfare....and still paid over $980 per person, which is fine, but for God's sake, can't someone do something? I want to pay my hard-earned money to upgrade to a step up from Economy and you'd think I was trying to reinvent the friggin' wheel.

Anyways.....so my TA is going to try again Monday because by the time she'd been on hold with both Carnival and Air France, Carnival had closed their offices for the day and she couldn't get to the Air/Travel dept. (big sigh....).

help.......:eek:

most likely, your ticket is not upgradable according to the fare codes.

It's a consolidator ticket, that's what happens sometimes.

Flexible means nothing

I did the Fly to Fun for my upcoming trip on the Vista to the Southern Carribean. When I booked with Carnival I was told to keep checking for lower fares. I checked the fare yesterday for the flights we had booked and called Carnival to change as the flights were def lower.

I saved $200. I was reminded again to keep checking the flights and if they are lower again to call back and we can rebook again

We don't have to pay until our balance is due

I'm a fan so far! Easy Peasy!

Well, Carnival's website states otherwise up until 60 days out you can change it, without penalty, so......

Okay,

then maybe your travel agent isn't working hard enough for you.

Your travel agent is your representative in all matters pertaining to your cruise and any other travel arrangements made with Carnival.

Just as with a labor union or sports agent,,, only your TA can negotiate on your behalf with Carnival (until you step foot on the ship). That's what happens when you book with a TA

I did the Fly to Fun for my upcoming trip on the Vista to the Southern Carribean. When I booked with Carnival I was told to keep checking for lower fares. I checked the fare yesterday for the flights we had booked and called Carnival to change as the flights were def lower.

I saved $200. I was reminded again to keep checking the flights and if they are lower again to call back and we can rebook again

When is your flight? I notice that delta seemed to be lower but I am within 60 days and was told 200.00 charge. Was carnival price matching flights.

I am very happy with the price I got for flights but just happened to notice that Delta had a lower price on a day I checked.

thanks

Where are you checking Carnival's airfare rate? What viewer?

I just checked the fares on online travel sites as well as American.

When I saw the fare was now cheaper then what I got from Carnival I called Carnival direct and they checked the prices of the flights they had and they saw the fare had come down.

You can't upgrade bulk airfare., we ran into that previously on Delta/Air France.

The way the agent explained it is that it has a special code that agents can not bypass. No way, no how.

IndyDenise, that's why I booked Carnival's "Flexible" fare -- regardless of what Air France is saying via phone, Carnival states -- clearly -- on their website I can change without penalty my flights up to 60 days prior to sailing. So they are going to have to fix it. My TA is calling the Fly2Fun department today to straighten it out. They better straighten it out. Or I'll rebook and do it myself.

Has anyone used this for flights to ports in the US or only overseas? We asked our PVP about booking air with her flying either from Toronto or Buffalo to Orlando and she said we would do better booking ourselves.

We find it cheaper to fly from BUF, hate flying out of Toronto even though we live in Hamilton

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We also prefer Buffalo but I was wondering about the Carnival flight costs versus booking on our own.

I thought you were from Hagersville as per your info.

Has anyone used this for flights to ports in the US or only overseas? We asked our PVP about booking air with her flying either from Toronto or Buffalo to Orlando and she said we would do better booking ourselves.

We flew from DC area to Orlando. The price was basically the same.We tried to use it for Europe but we did better when booking on our own.

Did you do economy or comfort plus if you can do that or first class? Did they give you an option of times

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When I booked my Jan 1 2017 cruise back in March of this year I was able to book my flights but only in economy. I have been curious about some first class seats on UA and so got the travel desk number from my PVP and when I spoke to them I told them exactly what UA flights I was looking at. They put me on hold and when they came back the price they gave me was more than double what UA was offering online and to top it off Carnivals pricing is in USD and when I was searching UA they were giving to me in CAD as I live in British Columbia. I booked flexible fare which means I can cancel or pay off by Cruise payment deadline in October. I was able to preselect my seats with DL but not AC via Carnival. I had to wait for the booking to show up on AC side (be ticketed by Carnival) and then purchase seats with AC as they charge for seat selection.

Least to say I will stick to the economy seats I booked through Carnival on AC and DL for now until I can get the money together for the UA flights I want and hopefully book First Class through UA in a couple months if the price hasn't jumped dramatically.

Just so you know the price difference I was quoted...UA first class via Carnival was over $2500US per person whereas UA web stated $3554CAD for the 3 of us inclusive.

How many Carnival cruises have you done?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We have completed 16 Carnival so far. By the end of the year we will add 3 more. We have done 1 RCL, 2 Princess and 3 on lines no longer around.