Been waiting for something special???

Because people on the other-side,keep mentioning how wonderful starbucks coffee is.Ive had it once at darling harbour.Of course i have soy coffees.so really need a triple shot for it to kick through.:cool:

Ah yes, but remember those people are comparing it to brewed coffee. ;)

I had a Starbucks espresso at Hong Kong airport a couple of weeks ago. I did appear to have some caffeine in it, I say that for it. :D

Now I would be interested to hear about the quality of coffee on Regent. After all at those prices I expect Kopi Luwak at least, or perhaps Black Ivory Coffee.

On second thoughts Black Ivory Coffee is probably too expensive for Regent.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

I totally reject being called an idjit,idiot yes,I thought i was sophisticated rejecting moconna,until i learnt i love international roast (bogan dust).;)Anyways why have you all gone off the original thread,you are likely to start another great butter war.

Edited by mrs and mrs

I totally reject being called an idjit,idiot yes,I thought i was sophisticated rejecting moconna,until i learnt i love international roast (bogan dust).;)Anyways why have you all gone off the original thread,you are likely to start another great butter war.

Happens all the time in the Aus NZ section.

We have our plan,in between cruises we save and save and save,everytime we want to go out,we dont,we slip our $200 going out money into our cruise account and say well thats another day on a cruise.Lucky we are coming into winter were we just hibernate.We drink and eat at home,we have enough contact with the outside world as we work in the tourism industry.

We have our plan,in between cruises we save and save and save,everytime we want to go out,we dont,we slip our $200 going out money into our cruise account and say well thats another day on a cruise.Lucky we are coming into winter were we just hibernate.We drink and eat at home,we have enough contact with the outside world as we work in the tourism industry.

Way to Rich for my blood, definitely will need a roommate and not go out or anywhere for about 10 years. Don't even want to dream. Shows the difference between the haves and the have nots.

You know I was thinking about this overnight...

If you can take full advantage of what's on offer

41 Ports with shore excursions must be about $15

137 days drink package $8 at $59 a day,like Princess but higher range if drinks must be $10 at least

First class flights $15

Take all these off the fare and your looking high 30s or low 40s.

Princess want about $20 for 105 nights, so for 135 that's about $27

BUT will you get full benefit from all those includes, I know I wouldn't, but if you can it actually compares favourably.

137 days drink package $8 at $59 a day,like Princess but higher range if drinks must be $10 at least

First class flights $15

BUT will you get full benefit from all those includes, I know I wouldn't, but if you can it actually compares favourably.

That is exactly the point I am trying to make......:):)

Its easy to rubbish high sounding prices , but sit down and work them out and its a different story.

Probably the biggest difference is that you are sailing with people who can work it out.

Ive done 2 Regent cruises..(both at very good sale prices) ..and most people were like , Retired Head Librarians, Retired Head Nurses, Matrons etc, Retired Teachers, Proffesor 's , even a Retired LA Court Judge.

Its easy to rubbish high sounding prices , but sit down and work them out and its a different story.

Probably the biggest difference is that you are sailing with people who can work it out.

Ive dxone 2 Regent cruises..(both at very good sale prices) ..and most people were like , Retired Head Librarians, Retired Head Nurses, Matrons etc, Retired Teachers, Proffesor 's , even a Retired LA Court Judge.

For me the big thing is I'd get little value out of those extras, don't drink, not allowed fly (Me strongly suggested I don't, Mrs a Gut forbidden, it could kill her).

And people like Teachers, Professors and Judges can be overrated (retired or not) believe me I deal with all three of them on a daily basis.

Ive done 2 Regent cruises..(both at very good sale prices) ..and most people were like , Retired Head Librarians, Retired Head Nurses, Matrons etc, Retired Teachers, Proffesor 's , even a Retired LA Court Judge.

I realize your right, however, this retired Air traffic Controller( no not the ones who work on the ramp), would definitely need a roommate to pay their share. I usually travel solo so it would be quite a chunk of change.

It is on my list of things to do. [emoji2]

Though I have read (not having experienced Regent) that things like shore excursion and specialty restaurant bookings are dependent on the category you book so it is possible that you will miss out on some that you wanted to do because they have been filled up by those in the higher categories. Of course, this assumes you are not travelling in a suite.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Though I have read (not having experienced Regent) that things like shore excursion and specialty restaurant bookings are dependent on the category you book so it is possible that you will miss out on some that you wanted to do because they have been filled up by those in the higher categories. Of course, this assumes you are not travelling in a suite.

On these ships ..all accommodation is in suites.

First class flights $15

I actually did the sums on a Regent vs RCI in Alaska. I chose a comparable cabin, priced the included shore tours, added top line drink packages, cost of wifi, surcharges on speciality dining etc.. Almost identical itinerary and Regent was less expensive!