Shoe Diva's Club

I'd love to join the club. I wouldn't say I have a problem with shoes, it's just that I seem to have collected a lot over the years. Yes, DH refers to me as his "Imelda". Often friends would call and ask if they could borrow a pair of shoes for an event; one gal was going to Cuba for 2 weeks and didn't have any sandals, so she borrowed a tote bag full. Payment was seeing her pictures and a glass of wine together.

Two years ago when I retired, instead of having a traditional retirement gathering, I invited a number of friends, and ladies I worked with, to come over for an evening of wine and laughter. Everyone was told to bring a recyclable grocery style bag with them. What they didn't know was that I put 75 pair of shoes, sandals, and boots on display in a spare bedroom and they were free to take whatever they wished. Honestly, we had so much fun with everyone trying on shoes (remember the clothing sales parties we used to have?), drinking wine and visiting, that it made it a memorable night for all. I ended up having a dozen or so pair left, so I took them to the Salvation Army where someone else could enjoy them.

I haven't yet replaced the 75 pair, but I'm looking around and there's this sweet pair of floral wedges I'm thinking of for summer . . .

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

ger_77, anyone who has that many shoes has to be in the club ;)

serendipity1499, those are great shoes. All the colours are great. I think you should get two pairs..... (yes, happy to "enable" ;) )

So.... who here fell down the stairs and has such a bruised foot she can barely walk? Never mind wear anything with a high heel :( Also, knee, shoulder and elbow are pretty sore, I've been doing very little for a few days. No shoe shopping for a while, for me!

I'd love to join the club. I wouldn't say I have a problem with shoes, it's just that I seem to have collected a lot over the years. Yes, DH refers to me as his "Imelda". Often friends would call and ask if they could borrow a pair of shoes for an event; one gal was going to Cuba for 2 weeks and didn't have any sandals, so she borrowed a tote bag full. Payment was seeing her pictures and a glass of wine together.

Two years ago when I retired, instead of having a traditional retirement gathering, I invited a number of friends, and ladies I worked with, to come over for an evening of wine and laughter. Everyone was told to bring a recyclable grocery style bag with them. What they didn't know was that I put 75 pair of shoes, sandals, and boots on display in a spare bedroom and they were free to take whatever they wished. Honestly, we had so much fun with everyone trying on shoes (remember the clothing sales parties we used to have?), drinking wine and visiting, that it made it a memorable night for all. I ended up having a dozen or so pair left, so I took them to the Salvation Army where someone else could enjoy them.

I haven't yet replaced the 75 pair, but I'm looking around and there's this sweet pair of floral wedges I'm thinking of for summer . . .

What a great story ger77.. Welcome to the Shoe Diva's Club!

Gulfsurfergirl your shoes are lovely..I so wish I could wear heels again, but it will never be..It's fun to look at them though..Welcome to the Shoe Diva's Club..

Edited by serendipity1499

ger_77, anyone who has that many shoes has to be in the club ;)

serendipity1499, those are great shoes. All the colours are great. I think you should get two pairs..... (yes, happy to "enable" ;) )

So.... who here fell down the stairs and has such a bruised foot she can barely walk? Never mind wear anything with a high heel :( Also, knee, shoulder and elbow are pretty sore, I've been doing very little for a few days. No shoe shopping for a while, for me!

OH NO! I'm so sorry that you fell VennDiagram..:( :eek: You must take it easy for a while..Don't try to push it though..I sprained my ankles so many times when I was working & wearing my heels.. In those days sometimes the heels would get caught in a grate when I wasn't looking..Had to learn not to rush around so much..Maybe soaking in warm water will help you..

I know what you are going through & hope you bounce back very soon..:)

I don't know if I'd take these on a cruise, but they're great for work. I got these on Ebay, brand new, for $35. :D

s-l500.jpg

:) They look comfortable as well as snazzy & what a great deal.. I never would think to look on e-bay for shoes..Have to check it out..Thanks

Goodnight all..I have to get to bed..I've had a rough day..Had to take my 16 yr old wire haired dachshund to the emergency Vet this morning as thought she had a stroke.. I was terribly upset..It turns out she has a pinched nerve..Poor little one..Have to give her pain meds every 8 hours & Prednisone for a couple of weeks..Vet could not believe how sweet & docile she was..But fortunately we'll have her with us a bit longer..I dread the day when she decides to go over the Rainbow Bridge..

Edited by serendipity1499

Hello Ladies! Why haven't I seen this thread before? :eek: I Love shoes as much as you all..even with my somewhat wide post bunion and nerve surgery feet! I just got these from Zappos to wear with a black jumpsuit. They look and feel great!

Michelle:)

3547974-p-MULTIVIEW.jpg

:)

We need a like button on this thread as there are so many wonderful stories and fabulous shoes.

I am just catching up after a busy few weeks. I live in a hot climate so wear flat shoes as our streets are uneven here in the Eastern Med. My favourites are Vivienne Westwood Melissa pumps. Love them as they have a raised up heel inside and very comfortable, and colourful. I have ten pairs as I believe in buying the lot if they look and feel good:)

I used to wear open toe thong flip flops but not nowadays as you can fall in them and they make your feet spread so when you come to wear your gorgeous heels your feet won't fit in them:confused:

I rarely get to wear my heels on a daily basis but I carry on buying them and I take them on my cruises.

We always cruise for over four weeks at a time so I take many pairs with me.

Here are a few of my Vivienne Westwood Melissa shoes and I have them with heels as well.

DSCN5210_zpsobahzq5l.jpg

DSCN5211_zps22gotuwp.jpg

quote=maggiemou;50111638]

We need a like button on this thread as there are so many wonderful stories and fabulous shoes.

I am just catching up after a busy few weeks. I live in a hot climate so wear flat shoes as our streets are uneven here in the Eastern Med. My favourites are Vivienne Westwood Melissa pumps. Love them as they have a raised up heel inside and very comfortable, and colourful. I have ten pairs as I believe in buying the lot if they look and feel good

I used to wear open toe thong flip flops but not nowadays as you can fall in them and they make your feet spread so when you come to wear your gorgeous heels your feet won't fit in them

I rarely get to wear my heels on a daily basis but I carry on buying them and I take them on my cruises.

We always cruise for over four weeks at a time so I take many pairs with me.

Here are a few of my Vivienne Westwood Melissa shoes and I have them with heels as well.

Are they plastic? If they are, don't your feet sweat in them? I remember the "jellies" from years gone by, and although cute, they were very hot to wear.

I decided I did need them after all, they just go with everything!

view.sfly?fid=c135cc02a493ca509a16dcf07a6807f9

ry%3D400

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

They are amazing for cruising how could you ever think of not having them. :)

Love them in fact love all the shoes on this thread, such lovely shoe lovers with great taste.

I bought these pewter shoes as I thought they went with many things. they did but I found then a tad too high so just had a fraction of an inch taken off . You can't tell but easier to walk in. Still only good for cruising, though ;)

The lime green ones are more sensible not that I am ever sensible where shoes are concerned.

DSCN5199_zpspfmu3w3g.jpg

DSCN5201_zpsjv6edfgd.jpg

Love this thread! I'd love to join in. I love heels; however, after 13 foot surgeries (got stepped on dancing on a cruise & yes I had on delightfully high heels at the time, & had my foot crushed (& broke the heel off a nice pair of Bandolinos[emoji30]). I no longer wear heels. Luckily both my DDs wear my size, so they split the 60 odd pair of heels out of my closet. Now I rely on flats (but have to be careful with them also). I'm currently very fond of Sketcher stretch weave in multi color. I'll take a picture soon. I knew I'd like them so I bought two pairs exactly alike [emoji6].

Ouch, awhfy! I hope your DDs are eternally grateful!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

They are & take pictures when they wear a pair of my more favored shoes [emoji151][emoji150]