700 Children on Sapphire over Thanksgiving???

RBCal

We went on the Golden for Thanksgiving in 2001. There were a lot of children. Most of the time we avoided them easily--using the aft pool and having late seating traditional dinner.

The only time we had a problem was when they covered the aft pool to get ready for Island Night. We tried swimming in the Neptune Pool. Lots of children were horseplaying in and around the pool. I finally asked one why they weren't being supervised. He pointed to a woman passed out in a lounger and told me his grandmother was watching them.

Thanks Cruznliz, I am going to do that, just to see what I can find out. Wish me luck :)

Cori

I called Princess and after I was transferred to a couple different people

( but they were very nice about it), they told me only 27 children at this point in time, however that could change. Even though it is during spring break , it is a two week cruise and most parents do the 1 week with kids.

So far so good :)

I checked with Princess today and we have a little over 500 children on our voyage, roughly 1/2 kids (3-12) & 1/2 teens (13-18).

We did this same sailing last year and really did not notice any problems from the children. There were plenty of whinny old folks, complaining about stupid stuff like the type of creamer for their coffee.

It's a big ship. If you want to find something to fuss about you probably can. I am there to relax and have a great vacation with my family. I don't let other people's problems become mine.

"I love children' date=' but not at my cruise ship's dinning table :( , and not jumping on the bed and banging on the walls in the stateroom next door :eek: ."

At least most of us parents keep our kids from being nuisances. My kid never bangs on the walls or jumps on the bed. [/quote']

And we "I raised my kids and I don't want to go on vacation with yours" cruisers appreciate the fact you have control of your kids. Unfortunately it is the others who don't that create the problems. It only takes a few......

I have cruised 2x over Thanksgiving. The first time on the Sea Princess and we had no problems with children - the prices were high and this was before 9-11. We barely saw any children on the ship.

2 years ago we were on the Golden and there were about 500 plus children over Thanksgiving. These kids were out of control and I will not sail over Thanksgiving again. It wasn't as bad as my RCCL 4th of July cruise but it was pretty bad.

I love being gone over Thanksgiving because it is less vacation days but it is no longer worth it.

I wouldn't think that spring break cruises would have as many children on them as Thanksgiving and Christmas. Spring break is not at the same time all over the country. In our school district it is the second complete week in February.

Most spring breaks are the week before or after Easter. When we found ourselves in Key West during spring break four years ago, a hotel employee told us that colleges are now trying to stagger them over four weeks to help alleviate the problem of too many college kids in one place at a time.

One of the reviewers of the Sapphire states that there were 700 children (out of 2600 people) on their cruise over Thanksgiving. Will there actually be this many? If so, is there anyway to avoid them?

We just got off the Sapphire and the Youth staff was saying that there will be 700+ on board over Thanksgiving and that over Spring Break they expect close to 1000. They have good youth programs and have implemented Youth Security too. There will be one Youth Security for every 50 - 70 kids. We had 250 on our cruise and I didn't think is was bad.

Archived