Empress is Still in Freeport

I booked a cruise this afternoon with my RCCL CVP and we talked about the Empress and her future plans. I asked about the shake down cruise and she said you must be an employee to go and can not take a family member with you. She is not going because she has plans with her son. She said they get free food and drinks but have assigned tasks to complete as part of the deal to help to make certain everything is in working order before cruise passengers board, and do get to spend the night but have to be at work the next day if it is a work day.

They have not received any definite details yet about future Cuba cruises but know it is being worked on. She has been booking my cruises since 2008 and has never given me bad info and always finds the best cabin available at the time I choose to book. Why would I need a TA?

I asked about the shake down cruise and she said you must be an employee to go and can not take a family member with you. She is not going because she has plans with her son.

When is the "shakedown cruise" for the Empress happening or did it already happen? As far as I can tell, lots of non-employees are on the inaugural sailing of May 28th, so it doesn't seem that's it. Was the shakedown cruise when the Empress came from Freeport? or does it happen tomorrow?

When is the "shakedown cruise" for the Empress happening or did it already happen? As far as I can tell, lots of non-employees are on the inaugural sailing of May 28th, so it doesn't seem that's it. Was the shakedown cruise when the Empress came from Freeport? or does it happen tomorrow?

I believe it departs tomorrow AM and returns on the 28th.

Got impression it is tonight or tomorrow as CVP said she had promised her son she would take him somewhere therefore she did not go on the shakedown. I haven't looked, is Empress in port of Miami? Saw her this morning.