Looking for 2016 Star Northbound Patters

Mflem1278

I know it is very early in the season but if anyone has gone Vancouver to Whittier on the Star recently, could you please post Patters? I leave in less than 2 weeks! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. Would like to see what all I have to look forward to onboard. Thanking you, in advance.

If this question is in regard to the Star Princess, you might want to also post your question on the Princess board as sometimes cruisers will post on the cruise line board rather than a port board.

Libby Riddle came on in Juneau as she lives nearby for the cruise season. She brought one of her dogs on board and showed a movie about herself winning the race. In Skagway (today) there are some sled dog puppies being brought abourd about an 1.5 hour before departure. Have not paid attention tomovies as the TV system is very out of date and is basically worthless. Many other activities like trivia, line dancing lessons, zumba and the like. Very port i tensive so far so to busy to really attend many of them.

Even the TV channel that gives course, speed, direction and weather dos not work. The cruise director stated " It has been out for a very long time nd we are not worried about it." Overall a good busy cruise so far.

On board the Star right now Northbound out of Vancouver. What info are you looking for?

I'll be on the star next May (God willing :) In another post it said she was showing her age - How do you like the ship, food, activities, hints, etc My sister is going w/ me and has never cruised so, I want to put her on a nice/good ship - I'm in an aft minisuite. Have a good time :)

Can anyone comment on whether all the laundromats have stayed open in Alaska waters and ports? Thanks.

We did out laundry while in Glacier Bay National Park which suprised us. I was under he impression that they would be closed then. Did not seem to be the case.

Edited by Potstech

I'll be on the star next May (God willing :) In another post it said she was showing her age - How do you like the ship, food, activities, hints, etc My sister is going w/ me and has never cruised so, I want to put her on a nice/good ship - I'm in an aft minisuite. Have a good time :)

Overall we have enjoyed everything about the ship. Does her age show? Yes but not in any major way. Dining rom menu seems smaller BUT everything we ordered was very good. There are plenty of activities to do both onboard at sea and in port. No big hints other than get information from multiple sources and act according to what fits your needs. Read the Patter everynight and plan your next day.