The Myth of the Royal Cheerleader

One of us is confined to a wheelchair and he exercises every possible courtesy/caution as not to harm/injure other passengers with his wheelchair while onboard ship and/or ashore and/or at home and in his hometown when out and about.

On board ship though he had a few of too many close calls when an impatient passenger suddenly jumped from behind to in front of him and/or tried to squeeze past him in hallway while he and his wheelchair were in motion.

In short, he's very cautious and very considerate of others and only wishes that others would be the same in return.

+1 and obviously he is a gentleman :)

If you read my post that refers to the fact that he said he "got bloody ankles" that seems like an over the top description.....sure you can get tapped by a scooter and you even could nearly lose the plate of food you were carrying. I have had people bump into me just walking and almost lose the plate I was carrying. I was walking down my street and a young child on his bike lost control and rolled up the back of my foot when he got too close and could not control his bike....but I won't say he 'bloodied my ankle' or even bruised it.

Well since I appear to be on trial under your scrutiny, I apologize that I do not have photos to prove the rather deep cut I received, so apparently it didn't happen, I guess. There was apparently a sharp edge of some sort that did indeed cut the back of my ankle pretty deep. Certainly not life threatening by any means, but painful nonetheless. I certainly hope it never happens to you so that others can have the opportunity to discredit you as well. I also did not inherit eyes in the back of my head, and no, I was not in a buffet line. I was actually in a line waiting for the MDR to open - back in the days when the dining rooms kept the doors locked until the "eleventh hour." But then again, maybe you can't relate to that if it never happened to you.......:D

One of us is confined to a wheelchair and he exercises every possible courtesy/caution as not to harm/injure other passengers with his wheelchair while onboard ship and/or ashore and/or at home and in his hometown when out and about.

On board ship though he had a few of too many close calls when an impatient passenger suddenly jumped from behind to in front of him and/or tried to squeeze past him in hallway while he and his wheelchair were in motion.

In short, he's very cautious and very considerate of others and only wishes that others would be the same in return.

And that's all we can ask for and is certainly appreciated and should be reciprocal. I have seen many instances (though Paulette won't believe it since it never happened to her), of able bodied people rushing ahead in lines or onto elevators, literally cutting off the disabled person and their party. Rudeness certainly goes both ways......The disabled/elderly in scooters certainly CAN be rude (obviously not saying that all are, or even a fair percentage), just as much as the able bodied can be rude as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i think it is easy to seperate someone's post positive or negative post offered in an honest fashion vs. the ranting, self-absorbed type that feels the world revolves around their universe. You can spot them while on ship or the forum. Very thankfully, very few and far between on the forum or the ships.

I enjoy positive and negative reviews of cabins, shore excursions but look to see if the issue is a one-off or a trend seen across many different posters. That is hiw i measure the validity of a thread.

Nice to see RCL is doing fine and I look forward to my next cruise.