Can you handle "too many" Allure pictures?

What! No more sampler?! I'll be on Allure next week and was planning on that.

We have reservations for Sabor the first night. Do you have a closer picture of the updated menu?

Thanks for the review. It'll help me make it through the the next 8 days!

James

I know! We were very disappointed by that change. It was really the only reason we ate at Sabor. We still enjoyed the lunch, but it is definitely not the same value for money that it used to be. Here is the menu at a different angle. Hope it helps. Enjoy your cruise!

I can also e- mail you the original size, which may be easier to read. Just ask at APDMOM@live.com

27110df45c97c049baab2b2f9a446570.jpg

APDMOM

Edited by APDMOM

I know! We were very disappointed by that change. It was really the only reason we ate at Sabor. We still enjoyed the lunch, but it is definitely not the same value for money that it used to be. Here is the menu at a different angle. Hope it helps. Enjoy your cruise!

I can also e- mail you the original size, which may be easier to read. Just ask at APDMOM@live.com

27110df45c97c049baab2b2f9a446570.jpg

APDMOM

Thanks for the email offer. Email sent.

It looks like they don't have the Caja de Dulces "box of sweets" dessert anymore either. Oh well. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to starve.

James

Great review and LOVE all of the pictures! We are still trying to decide if the Oasis (or even more -- Quantum) classes are just "too much" for us....that's a lot of people. Love the reviews on what people do and don't like.

Loving the photo review. Will be on the Allure in November, our first Oasis class ship. We are on a ocean view balcony on the 12th deck and was thinking about changing it to the 6th with all the food areas. Would you recommend changing? I just though my hubby might enjoy walking out of the room and being above to catch a bite to eat or a drink from the bar. Thanks again for the great picture review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm loving your pictures, comments, and tips. Since we sail on Freedom in the morning, I won't likely be back for the next week or so, but I'm subscribing now so I will remember to come back and read the rest once our Freedom cruise is done. Our next cruise after Freedom is Oasis, so a review with some good pictures of her sister, Allure, will be just what I need to chase the post cruise blues away. :D

Celisse, the Compass is really clear and easy to read. I will have to learn how you do that. Thanks again for sharing. It saves me a lot of time of scanning... :)

No problem at all! I just took photos of the compasses with my iPhone, then turned them into PDFs with Genius Scan, which is an app that lets you scan documents with your phone. It's a free app but you need the paid version in order to upload directly to Dropbox and such. Otherwise you have to do what I did and export to your computer and upload to Dropbox from there. :)

We board Allure in exactly 3 weeks from today!! So I am loving your cruise review! We also have a 5th grade grad with us. However he is already 12 so we will get to experience the teen program for the first time [emoji16]. We will also have his 16 year old brother with us along with 17 other family members as we are celebrating my in laws' 60th anniversary!! The entire family is diamond status but will be our first voyage on oasis class. Oh - and like you we will also be hitting Sabor for our first meal. And I will be sure to frequent the Sabor bar for Tricia's excellent service!! Can you also get the guacamole from the bar as well? Thinking guacamole on the balcony would be great......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great review and LOVE all of the pictures! We are still trying to decide if the Oasis (or even more -- Quantum) classes are just "too much" for us....that's a lot of people. Love the reviews on what people do and don't like.

That was our thought before we tried Oasis. We were blown away and pleasantly surprised that Oasis felt less crowded than Freedom class. We did avoid the Windjammer, which is easy to do with so many other free options. We typically enjoyed lunch in Park Café.

The best way for you to know, would be to try it. Oasis class is now our favorite, by far. We will have to wait for Quantum to move closer to Florida :)

Loving the photo review. Will be on the Allure in November, our first Oasis class ship. We are on a ocean view balcony on the 12th deck and was thinking about changing it to the 6th with all the food areas. Would you recommend changing? I just though my hubby might enjoy walking out of the room and being above to catch a bite to eat or a drink from the bar. Thanks again for the great picture review.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You are welcome!

I would definitely recommend switching to deck 6 or 7 by the aft elevators. From our deck 7 location, I only needed to go one deck down to the Boardwalk and Schooner Bar, two decks down to Promenade Café, and just one deck up to Park Café. We only went to the Windjammer twice on this cruise - one time for dessert, and one time for lunch (which was really not well prepared... not to self to avoid lamb in the Windjammer). So, we spent most of our time on decks 5, 6, 7, and 8 - avoiding the elevators altogether.

Stay tuned, as I will be sharing more about deck 7 "secrets" soon.

Sure! Here they are.

Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruise Compasses - May 15, 2016: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fieak1csc30d7nb/AABU6mmi8d9roEjD4GWCog9ja?dl=0

Everything is in that PDF for the week.

Everything is great with my mom and I. She had a lot of fun meeting everyone and she keeps saying what a nice group our Roll Call was. I'm glad we all had a nice time. [emoji4]

Thank You For reposting these, we sail Dec 11th already counting down. Has anyone done any of the fitness classes on Allure? Specifically the TRX?

No problem at all! I just took photos of the compasses with my iPhone, then turned them into PDFs with Genius Scan, which is an app that lets you scan documents with your phone. It's a free app but you need the paid version in order to upload directly to Dropbox and such. Otherwise you have to do what I did and export to your computer and upload to Dropbox from there. :)

Thank you! I will try that with the Adventure Ocean docs at the end of this review. I just got an iPhone and data plan for the first time in January. :eek: Until then, we only had flip phones with no texting... it was all part of our elaborate, strict "cruise budget". :D

We board Allure in exactly 3 weeks from today!! So I am loving your cruise review! We also have a 5th grade grad with us. However he is already 12 so we will get to experience the teen program for the first time [emoji16]. We will also have his 16 year old brother with us along with 17 other family members as we are celebrating my in laws' 60th anniversary!! The entire family is diamond status but will be our first voyage on oasis class. Oh - and like you we will also be hitting Sabor for our first meal. And I will be sure to frequent the Sabor bar for Tricia's excellent service!! Can you also get the guacamole from the bar as well? Thinking guacamole on the balcony would be great......

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I did not see them make guacamole at the bar, but during Sabor open hours, you can probably take guacamole-to-go. :) Just check the Compass, as the bar has different hours than the restaurant.

Thank You For reposting these, we sail Dec 11th already counting down. Has anyone done any of the fitness classes on Allure? Specifically the TRX?

I did not participate in the classes, but did notice the sign up sheets filled up fast. So, I would recommend you go straight to the fitness center when they open on boarding day to sign up for classes.

I must say that I was disappointed in the fitness center. It took 3 tries to find a bike that worked. One had a broken screen, so it would not advance for you to input your excercise. Another had a broken seat. The third one finally worked. It seemed like they had much fewer machines than on Freedom. I gave up on the fitness center, and enjoyed walking the track instead.

I did not participate in the classes, but did notice the sign up sheets filled up fast. So, I would recommend you go straight to the fitness center when they open on boarding day to sign up for classes.

I must say that I was disappointed in the fitness center. It took 3 tries to find a bike that worked. One had a broken screen, so it would not advance for you to input your excercise. Another had a broken seat. The third one finally worked. It seemed like they had much fewer machines than on Freedom. I gave up on the fitness center, and enjoyed walking the track instead.

Thank You for the heads up we usually head there to sign up first thing. Was there a separate studio or was it in the middle of the gym in an open area? My wife and I like to run our own mini "classes" with the two of us. One cruise it had a separate studio so we had on issues, another was in the middle of the Gym and the trainers seemed to be annoyed at what we were doing. But did notice one had "borrowed" some or our combo moved the next day in his Bootcamp. :)

A quick timeline for those who are interested... We got to Park n go at 10:10, and were in the terminal at 10:35. Check in was super quick, as we walked right up to the counter. Under normal circumstances, we would have been onboard by 11:10, but due to the Noro cleaning, we boarded later - forgot to look, but it was probably around 12:15.

Rooms are usually ready at 1, but ours was ready at 2 (extra cleaning). Our luggage got to the room at 2:30!

Unfortunately, our muster drill/safety briefing coincided with sailaway, so by the time we got to the balcony, there was no webcam to wave at.

The sailaway party was in the Aqua Theater, and not very well attended. This may be, in part, due to a relatively lower nimber of kids onboard. I watched from the "secret" area on deck 7, and I seemed to be the only non-employee dancing. There just is not much space with the Aqua Theater seating to dance...

822ffa1519bf65f28ef965ababec69e6.jpg

00d6c74486e85c018eefdfc9da020eeb.jpg

f9ba2cce81eba915d56bcc4a036ce45b.jpg

A shout out to Katie... the BEST activities manager in 20 cruises!

51831bdb704dcecdcb4ae51a18c88e77.jpg

APDMOM

Thank You for the heads up we usually head there to sign up first thing. Was there a separate studio or was it in the middle of the gym in an open area? My wife and I like to run our own mini "classes" with the two of us. One cruise it had a separate studio so we had on issues, another was in the middle of the Gym and the trainers seemed to be annoyed at what we were doing. But did notice one had "borrowed" some or our combo moved the next day in his Bootcamp. :)

I did not see a separate area, though the area in front of the mirrors is a bit off to the side, and should be fine. I would have loved to get my exercise done at 5 am, but the center did not open until 6... who gets up at 5 am on a cruise, right? :)

APDMOM

Let's talk about Deck 7:

The only small negative about this deck is that you cannot cross from port to starboard by the aft elevators, as it is blocked for the taller entrance of the Boardwalk. Otherwise, it is my favorite deck for a stateroom (aft).

Deck 7 has all these little secrets that we discovered...

1. There is a glass door at the end of the hallway, as you walk past the cabins, which leads you to the entrance of the rock climbing wall, and the only "semi-secret" balcony that is left since dry dock:

7c30b7a1a514ac2814a3d00ba1e526bf.jpg

You can also get to the "secret balcony" by going up the stairs at the back of the aqua theater:

b5dde44a59b60d57a9e6cf8b7745db0c.jpg

The "secret balcony" is marked in this picture with an arrow:

cb6406a62aff0e329d89e642ee75b0a3.jpg

When you get there, you can find chairs, which can be moved to either watch the water, or the aqua theater shows:

afe95b9d86e9dfffbd4e719e9c3974ba.jpg

a494f7ab1969dd9523f4af30b691f83d.jpg

APDMOM

Edited by APDMOM