Can you handle "too many" Allure pictures?

Great! B2B is the way to go! If you are up early in the morning, the Windjammer will be fine, except on days when you arrive in port early. Also, we love the Windjammer, but really like the other options on Allure. It is almost as if it is a different cruise line- seeing so many more dining options.

As for the spa/sauna, it is additional. Here are the prices from our sailing:

d032dba18b9aa8a1711502d2e17303d7.jpg

Enjoy planning your adventure! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The B2B I felt was a must on a ship like this! I actually snagged #12329 Boardwalk Balcony for both weeks. It is the one closet to the aqua theater, under the super structure in case we get a shower. Super excited! Thanks for posting about the sauna & spa, Maybe We will be able to use our diamond plus discount ... wishful thinking I'm sure!!

Absolutely loved your review! Thank you for sharing with all your pictures! I'd been unsure of what to make of the bigger ships.

Did you find it to be very crowded on sea days? Or do you think it was proportioned well (people to area, I mean)?

The B2B I felt was a must on a ship like this! I actually snagged #12329 Boardwalk Balcony for both weeks. It is the one closet to the aqua theater, under the super structure in case we get a shower. Super excited! Thanks for posting about the sauna & spa, Maybe We will be able to use our diamond plus discount ... wishful thinking I'm sure!!

Great choice! We had 12729 on Oasis, and I agree the overhang is excellent for rainy days. It also caused a little breeze to flow through on our balcony. My parents had the balcony right next to ours, and they did not even feel the breeze near as well as we did. Enjoy! :)

Absolutely loved your review! Thank you for sharing with all your pictures! I'd been unsure of what to make of the bigger ships.

Did you find it to be very crowded on sea days? Or do you think it was proportioned well (people to area, I mean)?

On sea days, we avoided the Windjammer and we used the pools early in the morning. However, it did not feel more crowded than other ships. It depends on your priorities. If you want a lounger by the pool for the day, get there by about 9 a.m. (probably earlier during peak summer sailings). Otherwise, there was plenty of public space that was not crowded at all, such as the Pub, Schooner Bar, aft area, Boardwalk, library, etc. Of all the ships we have been on, Oasis and Allure are our favorites, and I used to be a nay sayer for large cruise ships :D

On sea days, we avoided the Windjammer and we used the pools early in the morning. However, it did not feel more crowded than other ships. It depends on your priorities. If you want a lounger by the pool for the day, get there by about 9 a.m. (probably earlier during peak summer sailings). Otherwise, there was plenty of public space that was not crowded at all, such as the Pub, Schooner Bar, aft area, Boardwalk, library, etc. Of all the ships we have been on, Oasis and Allure are our favorites, and I used to be a nay sayer for large cruise ships :D

Thanks! You may have sold me on it. That was my biggest worry about the bigger ships.

Great choice! We had 12729 on Oasis, and I agree the overhang is excellent for rainy days. It also caused a little breeze to flow through on our balcony. My parents had the balcony right next to ours, and they did not even feel the breeze near as well as we did. Enjoy! :)

Glad I came back. We are in 11729 for a Dec. cruise . Great price in B1. My wife is a people watcher and loves the wake. Is this a good location for both? PS since you are almost there congratulations on 5000 posts!

Edited by cruzin76
to add something

Great! B2B is the way to go! If you are up early in the morning, the Windjammer will be fine, except on days when you arrive in port early. Also, we love the Windjammer, but really like the other options on Allure. It is almost as if it is a different cruise line- seeing so many more dining options.

As for the spa/sauna, it is additional. Here are the prices from our sailing:

d032dba18b9aa8a1711502d2e17303d7.jpg

Enjoy planning your adventure! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sailing in December on Allure. I am used to paying extra for the thermal suite (and really love them though I heard Oasis and Allure's leave much to be desired) but dare I ask what is included in a "ultimate" couples pass that wouldn't be in 2 individual all cruise passes?

Thanks for your great overview

Sailing in December on Allure. I am used to paying extra for the thermal suite (and really love them though I heard Oasis and Allure's leave much to be desired) but dare I ask what is included in a "ultimate" couples pass that wouldn't be in 2 individual all cruise passes?

I was wondering the same thing???

We paid for the ultimate once on Oasis and they gave us a choice of a couples mud bath and steam shower or a relaxing hot tub with oils or something. I'm sure I'm missing some key ingredient...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

We paid for the ultimate once on Oasis and they gave us a choice of a couples mud bath and steam shower or a relaxing hot tub with oils or something. I'm sure I'm missing some key ingredient...

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Thanks for the reply and info! I really had no idea, since the spa is not in the current "cruise budget". :D Fewer splurges onboard = more nights at sea...

Thanks for reading along! My reviews are definitely not as entertaining as yours! :) I enjoy comedy, but do not have a creative comedic bone (just 2 funny bones, like everyone else)... only my husband laughs at my jokes, and only if I tell him, "That was a joke." :D

You just had me laughing twice, so I'd say you are funnier than you realize.:D Thanks again for bringing me along on your great adventure. I appreciate it.

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Well, that is it! This picture review is done. I am fresh out of tips for Allure of the Seas. I hope you find this helpful as you plan your next Oasis class cruise.

Now, I have to find another flimsy excuse to go on another cruise. :D It will not be hard...

Until next time, farewell to Allure of the Seas:

bdf6ccfe072bd1e4f0a298f674dde21b.jpg

Thank you for the great review. I'm sure I'll have more questions. We don't go until next year and I have a lot of reading to do about the ship - what is free and what isn't, etc.

What kind of camera did you have. Your pictures are great.

Well, that is it! This picture review is done. I am fresh out of tips for Allure of the Seas. I hope you find this helpful as you plan your next Oasis class cruise.

Now, I have to find another flimsy excuse to go on another cruise. :D It will not be hard...

Until next time, farewell to Allure of the Seas:

bdf6ccfe072bd1e4f0a298f674dde21b.jpg

Thank You so much for this wonderful review! I am getting ready for surgery in a couple of weeks, and I have thoroughly enjoyed laying here reading and looking at your pictures all day! I have an icon on my homepage to take me directly to this review. I will look at the pictures, and read all of your tips each day, so that when October gets here, I won't be completely lost. I have never cruised. Royal, and I want to have some knowledge before we board. Your post is all I really need to get around where I want to go!

One thing I was wondering is if Guest Services is open all night? I tend to go during the wee hours on my CCL cruises. I have always been able to walk right up to the counter at night. Thanks!

Thank you for the great review. I'm sure I'll have more questions. We don't go until next year and I have a lot of reading to do about the ship - what is free and what isn't, etc.

What kind of camera did you have. Your pictures are great.

Hi, descotes! Thank you for the kind comments. I am sorry for the delayed response. We just got back from NCL Escape...

I mainly use Nikon cameras. Most of the pictures in this review were taken with a Nikon S9900 and a Nikon D40X.

Let me know if you have specific questions about what is free. Are you wondering about activities, entertainment, or dining? 🙂

Thank You so much for this wonderful review! I am getting ready for surgery in a couple of weeks, and I have thoroughly enjoyed laying here reading and looking at your pictures all day! I have an icon on my homepage to take me directly to this review. I will look at the pictures, and read all of your tips each day, so that when October gets here, I won't be completely lost. I have never cruised. Royal, and I want to have some knowledge before we board. Your post is all I really need to get around where I want to go!

One thing I was wondering is if Guest Services is open all night? I tend to go during the wee hours on my CCL cruises. I have always been able to walk right up to the counter at night. Thanks!

Hi INCHARGE, I am glad the review is helpful to you! Hope all goes well with your surgery. You have a great ship experience to look forward to!

Every time I walked past guest services, someone was nearby - even during my very early morning ship walks. I am sure you will be able to find someone to assist you. :)

A few more views of Labadee... I only walked around Nellie's Beach and Columbus Cove this time around. If you would like more tips of the other areas, look at my review of Navigator. We did not do any excursions this time around.

I do have one other tip: If you plan on getting a Labadoozie, order it from the bar so that it can be fresh and frozen. I got one a few years ago, but it had been sitting around and I did not enjoy it, so I did not understand the hoopla. Since I had the drinks package, I went to the Columbus Cove bar and got one freshly made in a non-souvenir cup. There was a big difference in taste! Now I understand they are good (but still not as good as my new favorite, the love connection).

When you walk to Columbus Cove through Nellie's Beach, you walk right past the slide:

a5d0e05251140d8eb16bc387c389695f.jpg

The truck with the brave zipliners:

5fe4b708932f297250c5ae27c74296bc.jpg

Beautiful Labadee:

ca5fc0e05cafe75c82adc7bb98aa693b.jpg

So, what do you do when you are from Florida, cruising on Allure, and not big on beaches? You take your pictures, and return to the "quiet" ship:

403ff5834cce24240a4e384d3e090435.jpg

994ae5088a9ba464a45ab017ffc5ceab.jpg

What's in a love connection?

So, in the essence of time (or maybe just because I forgot to take these pictures), I will borrow some cabin hacks from my Oasis review:

These magnetic hooks are great to create extra space. We hang hats, jackets, swim stuff and a flashlight on them. They are super strong, but do not damage the wall:

ee7c82deadb2edb1f68434000d8cdcd9.jpg

The safe is pretty small. We still have an iPad 2, which barely fit into it when you angle it.

76659c1e1f27bf6f47b976d8728ae843.jpg

Put a rag in the little soap rack in the shower. It will keep your razor and stuff from slipping off:

a5ff20705d55a6772b219137332c7851.jpg

The 3 plugs on the table were really enough for us to charge all our electronics:

1c21f359f93ea9bb09d63c2359225969.jpg

We did bring along a nifty plug for our iDevices:

3f06064665c1b606ce8385982b3a8c84.jpg

APDMOM

Where do you put the magnetic hooks? Are walls/doors magnetic?

Where do you put the magnetic hooks? Are walls/doors magnetic?

Yes, the walls and doors are all metal, so magnets work pretty much anywhere in the cabin.

I bought the hooks from Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/Magnetized-Tool-Hooks-Grill-Fridge-Cabinet-Set/dp/B00LH0WFXM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1469566121&sr=8-6&keywords=magnetic+hooks

Hope the link works. If not, just search amazon for magnetized tool hooks. These are a bit expensive at $10 for two, but they are the best I could find. They have a cover on the back, so they do not scratch any surfaces. They also hold a couple of jackets at once, so they are strong. I use them a lot at home and school too, so they are well worth the price. They last! :)

How was the Escape? We were booked to sail on her last year but had to cancel.

I will be writing a "short" review this week since there have been a couple of elaborate reviews lately regarding that ship. For you, I will let the cat out of the bag here... :D Escape was great. It was our third favorite cruise experience (after Oasis and Allure), but as far as ship design goes, she takes maybe 4th or 5th place. I will post a link to that review, once I get started.

Yes, the walls and doors are all metal, so magnets work pretty much anywhere in the cabin.

I bought the hooks from Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/Magnetized-Tool-Hooks-Grill-Fridge-Cabinet-Set/dp/B00LH0WFXM/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1469566121&sr=8-6&keywords=magnetic+hooks

Hope the link works. If not, just search amazon for magnetized tool hooks. These are a bit expensive at $10 for two, but they are the best I could find. They have a cover on the back, so they do not scratch any surfaces. They also hold a couple of jackets at once, so they are strong. I use them a lot at home and school too, so they are well worth the price. They last! :)

I bought a 2 pack of hooks at wal mart for 1.97. One of the best things I brought with us. I wish I had more than 2. There was always something on them. The walls don't look magnetic but are!