Can you handle "too many" Allure pictures?

After lunch, our roll call got together for a cabin crawl. It was a lot of fun, and I got to meet very kind and fun people!

Here is promenade view stateroom 7187. kassimer1 even made us these nice wine bottle rings! We had an amazing roll call:

c991b4ca8055c8552e2d64f61acc367d.jpg

View of the promenade:

2bff04508df4338ec4a7fe0664c94b9f.jpg

Edited by APDMOM

We ended our cabin crawl at accessible Junior Suite 14254, which had a nice walk in closet. Thanks to cruiselady66 for the cookies, cherries, and hospitality!!!

0c4b036e49b343189e4c6347a093def0.jpg

201f9bf48578544c4fa37bbd263615b3.jpg

41fd6cafe6ed26573ab34e55425ac011.jpg

33751f5d65556810436ca12272291975.jpg

Now that I have attended my first cabin crawl, I think I am up to arranging one on every future cruise. :D

The sailaway party was in the Aqua Theater, and not very well attended. This may be, in part, due to a relatively lower nimber of kids onboard. I watched from the "secret" area on deck 7, and I seemed to be the only non-employee dancing. There just is not much space with the Aqua Theater seating to dance...

822ffa1519bf65f28ef965ababec69e6.jpg

00d6c74486e85c018eefdfc9da020eeb.jpg

f9ba2cce81eba915d56bcc4a036ce45b.jpg

APDMOM

They should call this the Sailaway Show, not the Sailaway Party. I was disappointed in the sailaway party on Freedom also becoming a show with the DreamWorks characters.

I didn't sign up for the cabin crawl for our roll call, that day was packed for us and it was hard to fit in, but I really wish I had gone because it looks like it was a lot of fun!

There's always next time. :)

We showed up 45 minutes early for the ice show, which is when the doors were supposed to open. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the line was not nearly as long as on Fredom of the Seas. The doors opened about 35 minutes before showtime, and we got center seats in the third row.

Tips regarding the ice show:

I would definitely recommend reservations so that you can find seats in the center block. A majority of the scenes in the show focus on that block. Though it is still a very enjoyable show from other angles, the center block is the best.

We ended up going to the show a second time, later in the week. It was THAT good! Of all the ice shows we have seen on Royal (5 so far), Allure has the best - great combination of comedy and skill, with a fun Monopoly theme! During both of the shows, there were many empty seats for those without reservations. Just remember - doors only open 10 minutes before the show for those without reservations. So, with reservations, you get your pick of prime seats.

Here are some scenes from "Ice Games!"

c4b862ddd22f0acfd2dc3adbe8e0cb51.jpg

cf90a17096c0d9444ea3626d7ce7d01d.jpg

c1a214f4e66ed185054ec8e2f4585ae9.jpg

f80ac1b2544e73bb2c1f48e3aa5bfe9b.jpg

You've landed on....Giovanni's Table

2d688c00da12a83847e8cd10e830b9ff.jpg

63fe45b62e63741aad0d4cb2ca6563c8.jpg

Edited by APDMOM
highlight tips

This was also the night I attended Mama Mia. The musicians were good and most of the actors did a great job. Sursprisingly, I enjoyed CATS on Oasis more than Mama Mia. I think it is because I am a "die hard" ABBA fan and know the songs and harmonies very well. Mama Mia has many solos of the songs that were originally written to be harmonized.

The closing act was excellent, though, and very well executed with the original harmonies. I don't know the actors' names, but the mom was the best, with an amazing voice! The comedy of her one friend made the show worthwhile.

With that, day two is done. Tomorrow, I will post day 3, including Labadee, many sport area photos of the ship, and the aqua theater show.

Thank you for following along. :)

Edited by APDMOM
typo

Enjoying both your photo review and commentaries. We love Allure!

I see you've also sailed on Freedom and am curious how you feel about going from Oasis class to Freedom and if it noticeably has a different feel to it? Does it feel more crowded and have less things to occupy the kiddos (mine are 11& 9)?

We are considering a cruise on her this summer but I'm a bit concerned it just won't live up to Oasis and Allure. We have done several Voyager class ships and those were great at the time....but then we went up to Oasis and so far never looked back! Freedom has a slightly better itinerary interns of something different which my Dh likes, but for me I'm happy with wherever we go. I just want a ship that's amazing and gives me that wow.

Great review and LOVE all of the pictures! We are still trying to decide if the Oasis (or even more -- Quantum) classes are just "too much" for us....that's a lot of people. Love the reviews on what people do and don't like.

I found when we went on the Oasis, it felt like less people. So many places that you can go. Much less congested

We also loved Katie. She ran our Meet and Mingle and of course so many other activities during the week. She was so funny! We also liked the CD Tim Connor. He was always full of energy and very funny, too! He can dance a mean disco dance and he made the belly flop contest a riot. And we don't usually pay much attention to the CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

First things first on this Memorial Day:

A heartfelt Thank You and cyber hug to all our CC members who lost a loved one, defending our freedom.

As a naturalized citizen who grew up in a much less privileged society, I am sincerely thankful for the freedom I enjoy, and for the ability to afford cruising.

Enjoying both your photo review and commentaries. We love Allure!

I see you've also sailed on Freedom and am curious how you feel about going from Oasis class to Freedom and if it noticeably has a different feel to it? Does it feel more crowded and have less things to occupy the kiddos (mine are 11& 9)?

We are considering a cruise on her this summer but I'm a bit concerned it just won't live up to Oasis and Allure. We have done several Voyager class ships and those were great at the time....but then we went up to Oasis and so far never looked back! Freedom has a slightly better itinerary interns of something different which my Dh likes, but for me I'm happy with wherever we go. I just want a ship that's amazing and gives me that wow.

Freedom is our second favorite ship, and definitely offers a lot too. I don't think you need to worry about your kids. It often depends on the staff, but most of the time the kids don't notice the size of the ship as much. They can have fun on any ship. Also, Freedom has the kids pool area that is always fun, and they have many amenities you find on Oasis too.

We will be on Freedom again next March and we love the corner aft balconies on that class! That is one thing that is better than Oasis. ;) Oh, and Freedom has the karaoke booths that are quite fun, if that is something your family enjoys. Look by On Air - you can go into the Karaoke booth and have a private family karaoke fun time. I believe they are available 24 hours per day.

The ice show on Freedom is our second favorite (after Allure).

We also loved Katie. She ran our Meet and Mingle and of course so many other activities during the week. She was so funny! We also liked the CD Tim Connor. He was always full of energy and very funny, too! He can dance a mean disco dance and he made the belly flop contest a riot. And we don't usually pay much attention to the CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the input! It kicked my brain into gear. I realized that his name switched in my mind to Matt between last Sunday and this week - it may be because our nephew Matt got married :D Who knows what this brain will do next?

So, for those reading this review: Yes, our CD was Tim (not Matt like labeled in the C&A picture). His morning show with Katie was very entertaining! So, if you wake up in the morning, turn on channel 14 for a fun rundown of the daily activities.

Great review- our turn on Allure is 10 months away!

I saw on your sea pass card that you had My Time Dining- how did that go?

Wow! That's how it went. This was our first experience with MTD. It was very well organized. We made reservations online for 5:30 for 5 of the nights. One night, we had the ice show and Mama Mia booked, and could not get a fitting reservation (day 2). We simply went to the non-reservation line and were seated in our favorite area (4-top table) within 3 minutes! We told our waiter that we had a show to get to, so we had to get out quickly. They served us very fast, and we had already decided to skip dessert. We were out of the dining room in 40 minutes :)

On our other reservation nights, seating was quick also. TIP: if you find a waiter pair that you like, they will try to seat you with them every night. We really liked Bien and Raj, so I can recommend them!

We were unable to keep our waiters from the first two nights, as they only had a couple of 4-tops. The new pair was Bien and Raj, and they ended up being even more attentive.

On the last night, we could only get 6:15 reservations. The night before, I asked the seating hostess if we could possibly eat earlier. She said since we like our waiters so much, she will put us down for 5:15 with them. So, this has been overall a big positive WOW!

Good morning from our balcony, on the way to Labadee (okay, wish this was live, but it was about 2 weeks ago):

1dcc253b0904b04d9d108b44e9dca7d2.jpg

My daily trip to the Café Promenade afforded me a picture of this beauty on almost every trip... then I forgot to post them with my Promenade stroll. So, here she is, Allure's Mercedes-Benz:

8098ec40acd9341838d83a3fc38c2fd3.jpg

A beauty from any angle:

cb8ee142a1d734c10b9895d065b5c4ac.jpg

See the "kid looking on?"

681eb8e88f4a4d9fed1f6c7bbe482c68.jpg

Look what he is holding behind his back:

2d2a4d26dc476c671aff2ec33bca2c59.jpg

Okay, one more:

b52ccf039b5a9e92cf44cc9bd56a8edf.jpg