Cruise Next Deposit

welshman71

In the past people have reported that they could not keep their CruiseNext Ultimate perk if they switched to a last-minute cruise, but that was back when the Free at Sea promotion had the same 30-day restriction. I have the impression that the CN Ultimate offer kind of varies in parallel with the current promotion. And at the moment you can get Free at Sea perks even within 30 days of sailing, so there is no need to resort to the CruiseNext trick. But who knows how long that will last.

The certificates themselves are never worth more than face value. Your understanding was not correct.

Did you buy 2 or 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I bought two. I'm pretty sure that the consultant told me that they would turn into 4 and that was the promotion, which turned out not to be true. I called NCL today and they explained me the details. I'm usually careful with the fine print when I suspect a fishy deal, but never expected a cruise line to pull one.

I bought two. I'm pretty sure that the consultant told me that they would turn into 4 and that was the promotion, which turned out not to be true. I called NCL today and they explained me the details. I'm usually careful with the fine print when I suspect a fishy deal, but never expected a cruise line to pull one.

Our friends brought 2 certificate on the Breakaway last month, face value @ $250 each for a total of $500 for the two certs. They have the option of taking a $250 OBC to be used on that sailing, or, get $250 deducted (rebated on the spot by ship's billing system ) and the credit card would be billed for just $250 as a final charge for the transaction - once the adjustments are updated. They prepaid most of their expenses including DSC and didn't have much use for OBC, so opted for paying 1/2 price - cruise consultant onboard understood, answered their concerns & processed it accordingly.

P.S. Our friend reviewed their MyNCL account a few days later & the 2 certs were posted at $250 each for a total of $500, and they paid only/charged against their credit card for $250 only for both certificates - initially, it posted as a $500 charge.

Check your final billing/onboard spending statement given to you on the last day and review it - was a $250 credit issued (1st. certificate is minus $100 OBC and 2nd. certificate is minus $150 OBC) If that's not the case - fax in the "statement" after talking to NCL and have them deal with the discrepancy.

Edited by mking8288

Our friends brought 2 certificate on the Breakaway last month, face value @ $250 each for a total of $500 for the two certs. They have the option of taking a $250 OBC to be used on that sailing, or, get $250 deducted (rebated on the spot by ship's billing system ) and the credit card would be billed for just $250 as a final charge for the transaction - once the adjustments are updated. They prepaid most of their expenses including DSC and didn't have much use for OBC, so opted for paying 1/2 price - cruise consultant onboard understood, answered their concerns & processed it accordingly.

Do you realize that the either/or situation you just described is the exact same thing?

Edited by LrgPizza

• 3 weeks later...

In the prior incarnation, it was pay $250 and get $100 onboard credit.

So, after reading all this....it appears that CruiseNext = pay $250 and get $500 cert for a future sailing?

I was looking through the dailies posted here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50337063#post50337063 for the Escape and on day 3 it shows 50% OFF. Isn't it always 50% off no matter what day you purchase? The only difference I see is that that day someone is able to also choose their choice of promotions?

Also, it appears very misleading that a $500 deposit gets a $1000 deposit. However, they're still sold in $250 increments and can only be used $250 at a time (per stateroom), right?

We have purchased a future cruise certificate on each of our past sailings and am trying to determine if I need to time the purchase for any extra amenities.

In the prior incarnation, it was pay $250 and get $100 onboard credit.

So, after reading all this....it appears that CruiseNext = pay $250 and get $500 cert for a future sailing?

I was looking through the dailies posted here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50337063#post50337063 for the Escape and on day 3 it shows 50% OFF. Isn't it always 50% off no matter what day you purchase? The only difference I see is that that day someone is able to also choose their choice of promotions?

Also, it appears very misleading that a $500 deposit gets a $1000 deposit. However, they're still sold in $250 increments and can only be used $250 at a time (per stateroom), right?

We have purchased a future cruise certificate on each of our past sailings and am trying to determine if I need to time the purchase for any extra amenities.

You pay $250 for 1 certificate and get $100 OBC. Or you can pay $500 for 2 certificates and get a $250 on board credit.

You purchased 2 certificates, and YOU PAID $250 for BOTH of them. There is NO "fishy deal".

There was NO buy 4 for $250- ever. like you apparently thought?

NCL has been offering these, wonderful deposits for over 10 years. :) I've purchased a lot of them.

What people seem to get snagged up with is the "OBC" perk. :) Over and over, people think they have to "spend" this. So they may purchase drinks, tours, gift shop items etc., when they do NOT have to "purchase" anything. You account gets charged the $250 per deposit. The OBC goes against that cost.

I have redeemed 6 this year with the double deposit deal. And currently- worth a repeat- the double redemptions are now good on cruises through August 31. I plan to hopefully snag a few more, late minute bargains. :)

Hi budgetqueen,

Can you tell me when the additional double use was offered this year? I bought 4 certs on our last cruise and I am hoping to double up some time in the future. I keep refreshing the cruise next site hoping they will add another opportunity.

Thanks!

These were the CruiseNext info from NCL last month, self explanatory - http://s1226.photobucket.com/user/delta128m/slideshow/NCL%20-%202016%20Cruise%20Info%20-Docs/CruiseNext%20Documents

The doubling up option - best to call into NCL and ask about if it's being offered, although you can apply that yourself online via MyNCL. If you will be cruising NCL soon, ask the onboard cruise consultant & they will tell you. It was for cruises thru June 30th recently and now, good for cruises thru Aug 31st. - I wouldn't be surprised about further extension into the Fall.

I do this all the time. I am a solo cruiser. My last b2b I purchased four $250. for $1000. I did not purchase anything on the ship for the two weeks. I receive $100 OBC each week credit for being a shareholder. My total bill chargers for the two weeks was gratuities each day $189 (13.50 x 14) plus $1000 cruise next dollars for a total of $1189. On the credit side you will $200 shareholder credits plus Cruise next credits for $500. My total bill was $489. Now Juan the NCL cruise consultant mentioned a special program to where you can use two $250 on a single cruise, which I plan on using in Alaska on the Sun on another b2b this season. Almost like getting a free cruise. And yes I know I spent originally $489 but I received $1000. That is $511 of free money from NCL.

I was a little put off by the pushy sales people when I tried to buy my certificate last week. The girl even went and got another lady to try to talk me into buying more. It was really out of hand. They kept saying, "You don't understand" over and over again, as they tried to sell me multiple certificates. I kept explaining to them that I fully understand the math, and I agree that in the long run buying more than one would save me more money; however, I only want to purchase one certificate. I probably said this to them 10 times or more. I finally had to insist they sell me the certificate or I was going to walk away right then with none. I told them they could sell me one or they could sell me none, but I was done discussing it.

All you have to do to shut that down is say I don't have the money on credit card so let's move on. They get nervous and stop.

Hi budgetqueen,

Can you tell me when the additional double use was offered this year? I bought 4 certs on our last cruise and I am hoping to double up some time in the future. I keep refreshing the cruise next site hoping they will add another opportunity.

s

Thanks!

I know the double deposits have been around since later last year. They rarely/never? are a good option for people who book way ahead. The deals, I've seen are good for only a few months from purchasing the cruise, until sailing it.

The current double, was an extension, offered this spring.

I late book frequently so it has been a significant savings for me, with the 6 redemptions I have already used this year. Especially since I book rock bottom cheap cruise deals. :)