Junior suites on deck 8 on the Rhapsody?

Right now, I have booked an ocean view on deck 3 around mid ship. Dh would really prefer a junior suite, but all the locations look awful to us. But I am trying to get as much information from past cruisers on this ship. Most of the few reviews that I can find, basically said to book under the spa. I don't want to be all the way aft as I believe there is too much vibration for us. I'm thinking about 8074 or 8080, would really want be further towards elevator, but that would be under solarium-- What I think I am trying to say is, which would be the first cabin that is not under the solarium towards the spa? Are there any treadmills in that area, or is the gym equipment all on deck 10?

Thanks. Anita

I was just on the Enchantment. My cabin was right under the Solarium where it meets the entrance to the Spa.

THE NOISE! oh my, THE NOISE.

Elephants rolling around at 1 a.m., 2 a.m., 3 a.m., 4 a.m.

:eek:

I don't think there's any JS on Rhapsody that's totally insulated from noise from the deck above. That's the nature of Vision class ships. I would favor aft of the centrum, starboard side, but not right on the centrum because of the potential for centrum noise late.

Edited by clarea

I don't think there's any JS on Rhapsody that's totally insulated from noise from the deck above. That's the nature of Vision class ships. I would favor aft of the centrum, starboard side, but not right on the centrum because of the potential for centrum noise late.

There wasn't a peep from above on the Legend. :)

I prefer to stay on the port side. I am aware of the poor design of the vision class ships in regards to quiet cabins. But, we always book itinerary first, then find the most comfortable ship for us. This ship is the only one doing the exact itinerary at the time we want to do it. So Rhapsody it is. We will be just fine in an ocean view- We have been in practically every cabin class, except a full suite- and have had a great time. Still, if we could find a junior suite without the vibration, and little noise from above that would be great. I'm now thinking about 8070 through 8080 area... Someone posted cabin 8082 had very bad vibration-wondering which cabin number starts the vibration?

I prefer to stay on the port side. I am aware of the poor design of the vision class ships in regards to quiet cabins. But, we always book itinerary first, then find the most comfortable ship for us. This ship is the only one doing the exact itinerary at the time we want to do it. So Rhapsody it is. We will be just fine in an ocean view- We have been in practically every cabin class, except a full suite- and have had a great time. Still, if we could find a junior suite without the vibration, and little noise from above that would be great. I'm now thinking about 8070 through 8080 area... Someone posted cabin 8082 had very bad vibration-wondering which cabin number starts the vibration?

it is our first time on this class of ship and are booked in a JS

Is there a reason for port side over starboard for this ship?

Does under the spa cabins get less noise, than those under the solarium or the WJ?

I can't be anywhere around cigarette smoke. Starboard is the side with the smoking allowed in certain sections. So as a precaution, port side works better for me.

I was on the Princess Coral recently and booked port for the same reason. I was in a really nice mini suite 8 cabins from all the way aft. On rough seas, the vibration was very felt. On smooth sailing, was barely noticed.

I was considering cabin 8082 n Rhapsody, but one reviewer said the vibration was truly horrible. It looks like for this ship, we will save a lot of money and stick with deck 3 oceanview a little forward from the elevators mid ship. Supposedly a very quiet area.

I prefer to stay on the port side ...

I avoid port side, aft of the centrum, because this is the same side as Park Cafe, and we've experienced the rolling carts overhead at all hours on Legend, Vision, Enchantment, and Rhapsody.

Don't worry about it...none of the cabins are "bad"....some may have some noise, but generally, it's nothing that will keep you awake! NO cabin is totally soundproof...noise comes from the hallways all the time...every deck, every cabin.

I have stayed in cabins under the Solarium on other Vision Class ships. (Vision, Enchantment, and Grandeur). You can definitely hear the chairs from park café scraping on the tile floor above.

If you are set on that area of the ship, I would for sure book Starboard side as there seem to be less tables/chairs and more loungers on that side.

I would for sure go under the spa if that were an option. I have not had any noise issues with cabins under there.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in 8028 JS right now. Fairly quiet except when some lead-footed adult or child runs along the pool deck above. It's really tolerable. Would suggest not booking down at the end by the Centrum -- say around 8040. First of all, the loud music from Deck 4 is going to be heard, as well as the outer door slamming every time someone comes through it.

I am in 8028 JS right now. Fairly quiet except when some lead-footed adult or child runs along the pool deck above. It's really tolerable. Would suggest not booking down at the end by the Centrum -- say around 8040. First of all, the loud music from Deck 4 is going to be heard, as well as the outer door slamming every time someone comes through it.

Glad to hear as I'm in 8027 inside cabin in 2 weeks and I would love it to be quiet lol

For now I am sticking with the ocean view cabin. Most of the reviews regarding jr. suites on this ship, have had noise complaints. We did have a jr suite once a long time ago on the Majesty-- The noise really was impossible, due to being right under the pool deck. We would rather have a good night's sleep, than anything else.

Very late to this conversation, but the actual aft cabins have had no noise above them that we've noticed. Twice we've been on the Rhapsody on an Aft cabin, and a few times- the same spot on the Enchantment.

If the ship is behind schedule, there is vibration due to the speed. But at nominal speeds- the vibration really helps us sleep.

Under the Spa- we heard nothing. And the size of the balcony rocks in the corners.

We had a full aft on Rhapsody facing back for our trip to Hawaii and it was wonderful. We did not find it noisy however I think it important to note that each cruise is different. We were on Legend for a Panama trip in the same location. We did a Caribbean back to back with the Panama. For the first round, in the Caribbean, no noise from the spa deck above. For the Panama, every morning at 7 am the exercise class above. The class was offered on both trips but in the Caribbean round we had a sunshine and pool bunch. For the Panama, more fitness enthusiasts! Same cabin.

So bear in mind that comments from other posters can have this dynamic at play. Someone may have had no noise and others more but it can be related to the cruise community too.

Either way, we love the aft junior suite and would do it again.