Transport for 6 to Orlando int airport post cruise

Corklou

ummm

allure arrives to Port Everglades, correct?

That's 200 miles to Orlando in round numbers

and have you not asked this question at least three other times here?????

Of am I confusing you with someone asking the SAME question?

just checked

NOPE! That's you!

go for it ..... maybe you'll get something new . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

Yes me again , when we booked Orlando someone didn't realise it was such a distance from the port . I am looking for local knowledge of a reliable transport company , I am not too worried about the cost as there are six of us sharing BUT I need it to be reliable so I am not high and dry in Fort Lauderdale and my flight. In Orlando

It's actually the same distance from Ft Lauderdale to Orlando as it is from Orlando to Ft Lauderdale, so prices will be about the same going back as what you were told in your questions abut getting to Ft Lauderdale.

Is your Orlando flight the same day as your cruise ends? If so, what time? You may need the quickest way to Orlando, not the most economical.

We will be looking for transport to Orlando post cruise for 6 adults and luggage , can someone recommend a reliable company for me to get prices , thanks

Flying home the night you arrive into PE? :confused:

2 taxis from PE to FLL = about $30+tips

From FLL fly to MCO = whatever it costs! :eek:

Or get comfortable driving on the correct side of the road and use two rental cars - the drive is easy and takes about 3.5 hours.

You do not have time to mess around - for an international flight at 6:35 you need to be at MCO by about 3:30.

Pay whatever it costs to fly FLL to MCO (and pray that your flight is not cancelled/delayed :eek:), or check with Holland Limo, Larry's Limo, and Go Airport for private transfers - expect to pay a lot for the 3.5 hour drive since the vehicle will almost certainly come back empty. :(

I still suggest two one-way car rentals to handle all 6 plus bags; cars should be under $50 each, and gas/tolls will add another $25+ per car. For about $150 you could all arrive in plenty of time.

You do not have time to mess around - for an international flight at 6:35 you need to be at MCO by about 3:30.

Pay whatever it costs to fly FLL to MCO (and pray that your flight is not cancelled/delayed :eek:), or check with Holland Limo, Larry's Limo, and Go Airport for private transfers - expect to pay a lot for the 3.5 hour drive since the vehicle will almost certainly come back empty. :(

I still suggest two one-way car rentals to handle all 6 plus bags; cars should be under $50 each, and gas/tolls will add another $25+ per car. For about $150 you could all arrive in plenty of time.

Why would she need to rent 2 cars? My Chevy van can accomodate 6 adults and luggage so I would suggest renting a van. The only complicated part of the senario is the area by the airport to the Turnpkie entrance. Even though we are experienced travelers who lived in Miami and also in Orlando, we always have an issue when leaving FtL after cruise in finding the correct exit to Tpk even though we have map and exit number. That stretch of highway is very congested with fast moving cars and the signs are not well placed.

I agree, look for flights from FtL to MCO as this might be the best option in the long run.

I would be leary of flying because of potential for delays. Assuming Corklou is catching an international flight and assuming that flight is non refundable I would not risk flight delays from FLL to Orlando. If that presumed international flight had to be rebooked at walk up rates it would be a nightmare.

Of course all of this is speculation because in all of Corklu's posts the necessary information to give informed feedback is lacking.

Why would she need to rent 2 cars? My Chevy van can accomodate 6 adults and luggage so I would suggest renting a van. .

Renting vans in FLA, in my experience, is expensive -- you can often rent two cars cheaper than the van. 6 travelling internationally (flying home to Ireland) will likely have more luggage than the typical US cruiser -- two cars gives you plenty of space.