RCCL Tattoo's.....

Any of my fellow CC'ers have any RCCL logo tattoo's? I want to get one in memory of my father who got me into cruising. He unexpectedly passed last July, and we had a family cruise booked in the later part of the year. My mother insisted we go, and took a little bit of his ashes with us, and we did a burial at sea through RCCL. Very short/sweet ceremony. I know I want to get the logo(crown and anchor) and inside the logo get his initials, his dates, and the coordinates we "buried" him at. I am just looking to get an idea of what some RCCL logo tattoo's look like. Thanks in advance.....

Sounds like a very nice service.

The RCI logo is compact and distinctive. Where would you apply the tat?

My calf....The crown would be empty....but inside the anchor I would have the coordinates across the top, his initials down the middle, on the left side, then his dates on the bottom of the anchor, on the left side. Reason being on the left is when my mom passes, she wants us to take the same cruise, and do a burial at sea for part of her remains at the same coordinates. We all obviously know my dad is not physically there anymore, but this would be a symbolic gesture. After that I will put her initials on the right side, and her dates on the bottom right. If any of that makes sense? LOL

Great idea

Got me thinking of a nice piece across the top of my back with all the ships names down the side of the ribs:)

Found a few whilst looking, not many RC logo tats out there though

Look forward to seeing your completed artwork

image_zpsrbv97ctp.jpeg

Happy Days!

Hope the tat comes out really well:D

Great idea

Got me thinking of a nice piece across the top of my back with all the ships names down the side of the ribs:)

Found a few whilst looking, not many RC logo tats out there though

Look forward to seeing your completed artwork

Happy Days!

Hope the tat comes out really well:D

I'd be worried how they looked once you hit the golden years.

nightmare_zpsrxzzjb2k.jpg

:D

The ink these days lasts a lot longer than the old Indian ink and the lovely green ones they used to dish out back in the 40,s and 50's:)

I have one that is 30 years old, and the color is as it was the day it was applied.

And another using the old ink, which is just in need of a new cover up.

The ink these days lasts a lot longer than the old Indian ink and the lovely green ones they used to dish out back in the 40,s and 50's:)

I have one that is 30 years old, and the color is as it was the day it was applied.

And another using the old ink, which is just in need of a new cover up.

I was only kidding and actually like the OP's plan.

I was recently considering a tattoo ... my worry is having some terrible experience that would completely turn me off from the company.

Yea....i agree....kind of my fear also....but my dad was loyal to royal, so if that happened to me it would still be a tribute piece....

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

No RCCL tattoo's here but i do have a number of cruise/ocean related ones. Have you given thought to doing something that isn't cruise line specific?

-Matt

Thought of it....but he was loyal to royal. Whenever I mentioned a cruise, his first question was, what cruise line, if it was any thing other then royal, he quickly said no. Lol

Yea....i agree....kind of my fear also....but my dad was loyal to royal, so if that happened to me it would still be a tribute piece....

True ... I think you have a much better reason than I. :)

I love when people say this :D My answer is this, they will look just like me, older and maybe a wrinkle or two in them. Bottom line, who cares what they look like? My body, my tats :D

Edited by Charger2008

I love when people say this :D My answer is this, they will look just like me, older and maybe a wrinkle or two in them. Bottom line, who cares what they look like? My body, my tats :D

I was worried how they'd look on me not you. [emoji6] [emoji1] [emoji1]

I was worried how they'd look on me not you. [emoji6] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Probably the same, older, few more wrinkles, maybe a sun spot or two :D Also, you did say how they would look when "YOU" get older ;)

Tats are so common now. Did hear a lady ordering in a cafe recently and requested that her food be served by the clean waiter without the tattoos. Wonder how she feels about the kitchen staff who may have them. I do understand though how appearance does make a difference.

I was recently considering a tattoo ... my worry is having some terrible experience that would completely turn me off from the company.

No kidding, the luck I have the first trip after the ink's applied will either be a Concordia/Triumph news item, or NCL or Disney will buy out RCL and discontinue the brand. I know tats can be removed these days, but still...

I hear ya, the wrong neighborhood could leave one with less of a crown and anchor more of a parachute and fish hook.