just booked escape

lillylulu

loved the Epic this easter so I've just booked the Escape for aug 19 th 2017 as a surprise for husbands birthday , now for the long wait .

What a wonderful surprise! We booked our Escape cruise over a year ago, and still have almost 9 months to wait, so I understand your agony!

The good news is it gives you lots and lots of time to plan and build the excitement! It'll fly by! :D

I feel you!! :D We are booked for July 2017. I am so excited...lol. Now to research, research. Make sure to read the review by Gambee. It's awesome. We did the same itinerary the Escape is going to do on the Getaway last summer and loved it.So we already kind of know what we will do excursion wise. I hope you were able to get the free at sea promotion :)

Yes we did get free at sea promo ( drinks) ..On the EPic and previous cruise on Rcc freedom of the seas we have had a balcony stateroom , but this time slumming it with a inside ,I'm sure I'm going to hate it ,but every time we walked passed one with the door open my daughter kept saying how cosy they looked and my husband was saying they would be fine ,your not in them that long only to sleep and shower . Still not convinced though

The Escape is wonderful. Was on the 4th sailing of the Breakaway in 2013 and hated it so I was reluctant to try the Escape, but I had a CAS offer so I booked a mini-suite for Super Bowl 2016. The Escape exceeded expectations. -- The Ship did not feel crowded past the initial first day chaos Staff was friendly, restaurants were good (loved Bayamo) and Simon was a fabulous cruise director. Fellow passengers in Vibe added to a wonderful experience and watching the Super Bowl on board was a blast.

Cabin choice, like food, is subjective - it really does depend on how much time you spend in the cabin. And based on what I've learned on Cruise Critic -- there's always the upsell department.

So we debated between the Epic and the Escape for 2017 and we booked Super Bowl 2017 week on the Escape. Because of our positive Escape experience, we're giving the Breakaway a second chance next week.

Enjoy the time planning your wonderful surprise!

Yes we did get free at sea promo ( drinks) ..On the EPic and previous cruise on Rcc freedom of the seas we have had a balcony stateroom , but this time slumming it with a inside ,I'm sure I'm going to hate it ,but every time we walked passed one with the door open my daughter kept saying how cosy they looked and my husband was saying they would be fine ,your not in them that long only to sleep and shower . Still not convinced though

Everyone is different but out of 18 cruises we've only had a balcony once and a window room once. My most important thing is budget and I'm happy to just be on the beautiful ship. We also are the type that like to be out and about. We don't spend much time in the cabin only to sleep shower and dress. Another thing is with an inside its nice and dark and you can sleep in and not be bothered, if your like my hubby. I want to recommend that you set your tv to the bridge cam with the volume off that way when you wake in the morning you can see the weather outside...that's always nice. We also leave the light on in the bathroom with the door closed that way you can find your way to the restroom at night from the light under the door.

We don't spend much time in the cabin only to sleep shower and dress. Another thing is with an inside its nice and dark and you can sleep in and not be bothered, if your like my hubby. I want to recommend that you set your tv to the bridge cam with the volume off that way when you wake in the morning you can see the weather outside...that's always nice. We also leave the light on in the bathroom with the door closed that way you can find your way to the restroom at night from the light under the door.

This is brilliant! When we were last in an inside they didn't have bridge cams. Had to have DH run up the stairs and check the weather for us;)

Since then we have cruised in a lot of balconies and a couple of ocean-views. We have enjoyed each and every cruise. After our January Escape, we came home and immediately booked another on her. Have a great cruise!

loved the Epic this easter so I've just booked the Escape for aug 19 th 2017 as a surprise for husbands birthday , now for the long wait .

Great Choice! We were on the Escape 3 weeks ago for the second time. She's a beautiful ship. If you like the Epic, you will reallllllly like the Escape.