Luggage Tags Question

creeblee

Random question here. We are flying in for our cruise and I don't want to put the luggage tags on until we arrive. Do the porters have staplers to attach your tags when we arrive at the pier?

Random question here. We are flying in for our cruise and I don't want to put the luggage tags on until we arrive. Do the porters have staplers to attach your tags when we arrive at the pier?

I've never seen them attach tags for people. You probably want to bring whatever you're going to use to attach it. I use scotch tape on mine and they've never come off. My tags from Feb are still on my bags. May put an extra copy in the bags just in case though.

I've never seen them attach tags for people. You probably want to bring whatever you're going to use to attach it. I use scotch tape on mine and they've never come off. My tags from Feb are still on my bags. May put an extra copy in the bags just in case though.

We do this even when we don't fly to a port. Just one more way to help your bags find you if something happens to the outside tag.

Last time I forgot to staple ours on at the hotel, and the porters were able to staple them on for me. I think that it would be hit or miss, though.

We fly as well. So I printed them at home, covered with packing tape (to make sturdy), punched holes in the ends, took zip ties to attach to luggage before getting to port.

I got the packing tape and zip ties at dollar tree.

Just got back from a week at sea. We did flights in and back each with connecting flights.

I attached mine at home the night before we flew out. I used packing tape and simply circled them twice. They are still on my bags today. They're not even damaged. I don't think I'll be able to remove them without heavy scissors.

I would not try to attach them at the port as it's one more thing to worry about and there's just no need.