Port Canaveral Parking Choices

Snit13

We will be sailing on The Oasis in December 2016. On previous cruises from Port Canaveral we parked at the Port near the ship we were sailing. DH does not want to park at the Port.

I have researched most of the options suggested on FL Departures and have narrowed my selection to three. We are both 75+ and have minor mobility issues. That being said, which is the safest, most reliable, on time choice for us? Price is secondary to service.

1. GOPORTCANAVERAL which says free but must by $10pp shuttle

transfer.

2. PARK PORT CANAVERAL which says $8.95 per day

3. LOTS OF HONOR which says $5.99 per day

We have been sailing out of Port Everglades since 2008 and always park with ParkNGo. We have always found them to be safe, reliable, with on time shuttle. Which Port Canaveral is most likely to suit our needs?

Thanks, Grace

My preference is always the 40% discount parking shipside for secure parking in the shade without having to deal with shuttles, but if you want off-site then:

Everything considered - location, costs, number of shuttle buses, schedule for drops/pickups, organization (how they split passengers by cruise ship to avoid many stops), reputation, and how/where your car is parked (fenced or not, tarmac vs gravel vs grass) - there are two companies that stand out:

Park Port Canaveral and Park'NCruise. These two operate much like Park'NGo and Park'NFly at Everglades IMO. And they are closest to the Port too!

The rest are fine if you want to save a few $ but they lack in one or more of the details mentioned above.

Given your requirements for convenience above price, my suggestion is to research those two companies before looking at other options.

To see pictures of all the off-site lots, look at http://cruiseportcanaveral.us/parking/

Edited by SteerageJoe

Thanks for your prompt reply. My first choice was Park Port Canaveral even though they are asking $8.95 as it appears to be close and safe. I called GoPort Canaveral where they are offering the free parking at the Doubletree Hilton at 2080 N. Atlantic Ave and the lady said $20 for shuttle r/t. I fear when a deal sounds to good to be true....... I also calle ParkNCruise and lady said it is to early to book for December as they only book 4 months out. They too are $8.95 with 10% discount.

As I originally posted, price not a factor, but want to make certain they have good service and a safe area where cars are parked.

Glad to get input from a local. Spent a lot of time in that area when we lived in Orlando. Now that we are on west coast nw of Orlando and n of Tampa, don't get over your way often. Seafood market at port is only place I can find Pompano to make Pompano Almondine. Seldom see it on west coast...grouper/grouper/grouper.

Thanks again, Steerage Joe

I took your advice and read the information at the web address you posted and decided to book with Park Port Canaveral. As you said it appears to most like ParkNGo at Port Everglades. Counting down to December 18.

Grace

We used Park Port Canaveral 2 weeks ago and highly recommend them! In less than 20-min, we checked in at their terminal, loaded onto their free shuutle and were dropped off at the entrance to the cruise terminal. We bypassed over 200 cars waiting to get into the port's garage. If you prepay, it's $8.95 per day. We waited until we arrived and paid $9.95 per day. And their shuttle was right there for us after the cruise. Great place to do business with!

We used Park Port Canaveral 2 weeks ago and highly recommend them! In less than 20-min, we checked in at their terminal, loaded onto their free shuutle and were dropped off at the entrance to the cruise terminal. We bypassed over 200 cars waiting to get into the port's garage. If you prepay, it's $8.95 per day. We waited until we arrived and paid $9.95 per day. And their shuttle was right there for us after the cruise. Great place to do business with!

Thanks for the info. I prepaid when I reserved. Good to know they are reputable and deliver as promised.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...