Room Service Question

workerbee01

I remember reading a few of you mentioning you order coffee and it's your wake call.

How do you ask for coffee in advance?

And do you specify a time of delivery?

or is it always arrived at a predetermined time by room service?

or is it random?

Sorry for the goofy question but I just had to ask!

There's a breakfast room service menu in your cabin, which you fill out with your order and hang outside your cabin door the night before. The form also has a place for you to indicate at approximately what time you want your order delivered.

Several times my wake up call didn't happen. If you order a pot of coffee specify if you want mild or half and half, sugar etc. If you order a banana it comes on a plate with a cover. Once we had about 5 plates with covers and 4 coffee cups as I ordered 2 pots of coffee. What a clutter! Oh, the lox will stink up the cabin.

Be sure to tip the room service person.

I remember reading a few of you mentioning you order coffee and it's your wake call.

How do you ask for coffee in advance?

And do you specify a time of delivery?

or is it always arrived at a predetermined time by room service?

or is it random?

Sorry for the goofy question but I just had to ask!

Not goofy at all. :)

..We order by putting the door hanger order form outside the cabin at night. At some point room service staff comes around and picks them up. The cabin steward provides the door hangers.

..The order form has blanks to pick a time for it to arrive. We write in a 15 minute window. (example 7:00-7:15 am)

..On our last trip I'd set our small travel alarm for 5 minutes before that window of time I'd requested so I'd hear them knock. We ordered our coffee every morning of our 8 day trip and it arrived in that 15 minute window every day.

Edited by summersigh

We have always called when we woke up and got our breakfast order within 10-15 minutes. It also gave us time to dress & brush our teeth.:D

Edited by patrice1

Make sure that at least one of you stays in the cabin to answer the door. If you are out on your balcony or in the bathroom and don't hear them knock, they will not leave your order. Happened to Brother and SIL. They were out on the balcony and didn't hear them knocking. They had to re-order and wait again.