Few Questions About Allure

Looking to book tonight before the sale ends. Would love opinions on Oceanview balconies and Boardwalk balconies. Which do you like better and why?. The Boardwalk balcony comes with free soda package for two. How much would it be to upgrade to an alcohol package, and do they even allow that?? Also what is your favorite deck to book your room on and why?? FYI no kids, just a mother daughter trip with my 22 year old. Thanks in advance!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Looking to book tonight before the sale ends. Would love opinions on Oceanview balconies and Boardwalk balconies. Which do you like better and why?. The Boardwalk balcony comes with free soda package for two. How much would it be to upgrade to an alcohol package, and do they even allow that?? Also what is your favorite deck to book your room on and why?? FYI no kids, just a mother daughter trip with my 22 year old. Thanks in advance!!!

As the free soda packsge has not yet started there is no way of knowing if they will allow you to upgrade. I'm hoping they do allow it as our next few cruises are in boardwalk balconies.

Why did you choose the boardwalk balcony?

It basically boiled down to cost. With our D discount the boardwalk balconies were about the same price as an inside yet they were considerably less expensive than an Oceanview balcony.

We have 2 Boardwalk balconies booked and a Central Park balcony as well. The Central Park balcony was $300 cheaper than the boardwalk and the same price as an inside.

Book Boardwalk below 14, too much noise at top. 12/11 good decks. As far aft as possible; you can see Aqua shows and movies. Outside balcony is nice but boardwalk usually cheaper[emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another sale starts Tuesday so be sure to check back tomorrow. If you use a TA be sure you can get the price reduction without penalties. Enjoy :)

It's so weird, on the sailing we are looking at the ocean view balconies are the least expensive, followed by the Central Park and then Boardwalk.

Wouldn't be surprised if that's because Boardwalk and CP balcony cabins currently are offering promos like the soda package you mentioned above.

Thanks for all of your replies. I don't think the sale that starts tomorrow will be good for my sailing on 12/18/16. Can anyone confirm that??? Impulse def rather have a better balcony than soda!

Thanks for all of your replies. I don't think the sale that starts tomorrow will be good for my sailing on 12/18/16. Can anyone confirm that??? Impulse def rather have a better balcony than soda!

I just booked that same cruise yesterday! Yay cruise friends! It's also a mom and daughter cruise for me since my mom is my cruising buddy.

We went with the oceanview balcony because it was less expensive, and it's the category we usually choose.

We are curious about boardwalk balconies, though, so we booked one of those on Harmony for next year.

We are curious about boardwalk balconies, though, so we booked one of those on Harmony for next year.

If you haven't already, check out some of the BV balcony photos from the Harmony before you get excited. The Abyss slide seems to obstruct a lot of the view and their are reports that you can hear the screams from the slides.

If you want to check out a boardwalk view on an Oasis class ship, you may wish to consider the Oasis or Allure instead.

I will be on this sailing too! Be sure to check out the roll call. We have sailed Oasis twice and Allure once. We have had an ocean view balcony, Central Park, and Boardwalk. I loved them all but ov was our favorite. We are booked with an inside with the rest of our group right now but may upgrade. We haven't done inside for many yrs. but thought since just 5 days and with a lot of family going we wouldn't be in our room too much and with the savings we could spend more on excursions or use it for those expensive hotel rooms in Key West ,where we will go after we get off cruise.

We prefer Deck 8, ocean view balcony. Deck 8 has Central Park and it's easy to get across the ship on Deck 8. Also, the Park Cafe is right there for morning coffee and breakfast. Evenings in Central Park are special with the music and lights. Nice ambiance for dining at the specialty restaurants. You're going to love your cruise. My dd and I had a great time!

You are correct. That date is excluded.

I just booked that same cruise yesterday! Yay cruise friends! It's also a mom and daughter cruise for me since my mom is my cruising buddy.

We went with the oceanview balcony because it was less expensive, and it's the category we usually choose.

:D You just can't leave that ship, can you? Have fun, Celisse! We just did a last minute NCL Epic booking. I should be over on the Norwegian boards, but habit brings me back here.

I would definitely take an oceanview balcony if it is cheaper. We book Boardwalk only when oceanview is more expensive. The Boardwalk experience is fun, but save it for a time when the OV is more expensive than BW. :) One time in a Boardwalk is really enough for us, but pricing pushed us back there again for June 2017 on Oasis. We also made sure we got our favorite spot - very aft deck 12.

:D You just can't leave that ship, can you? Have fun, Celisse! We just did a last minute NCL Epic booking. I should be over on the Norwegian boards, but habit brings me back here.

I know, I know! But, she's practically in my back yard. [emoji16] We really love the ship and it was a short itinerary so I couldn't resist.

I've wanted to try NCL but haven't pulled the trigger. Enjoy your trip! I will be on the look out for your review. :)

I would say OV if the upgrade is affordable to you. You should not undervalue quiet and privacy.

If promos have the OV balcony cheaper than boardwalk, I would definitely say do the OV. It is quieter. We recently completed a family cruise in late March. My brother (traveling with SIL and nieces) and I (traveling with husband) both had boardwalk balconies.

Although we were on Deck 12 boardwalk balcony in late March and it was pretty quiet. There was not too much excessive noise. You could hear murmurs of talking when OceanAria was being performed.

I also agree with another previous poster who said if you do a boardwalk balcony, go as far aft as possible to enjoy a little ocean view and the performances in the Aqua Theater. My brother and SIL were in the last aft balcony (not Aqua Suite). Their room was great. We were about 5 back. Our location was good too, but theirs was perfect.

Done it both ways, however, do remember , the dude already gets a tip. Yours at whatever point is cream on the top for meritorious service[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't figure out how to start a new thread for my question. It may be improper etiquette to ask this in this thread- but it is a question regarding an upcoming Allure cruise.

I am traveling with my mom who is 88 and uses a walker & wheelchair and also my sister who uses a walker. Neither can walk far with their walkers and have mobility issues even with the walkers. We are renting wheelchairs and scooters for the cruise which will be delivered to our stateroom at some point, although I am not sure when.

My question is regarding embarkation. I have been told many times by RC to ask for the pier assist as soon as we get dropped off and someone will be there quickly. A RC person last night told me that they only have so many wheelchairs and so many people to push them, so we may have to wait. She thinks there "must be" seats for my mom and sister to sit on while we wait. Besides her mobility issues, my sister also has a lot of anxiety and panic in the unknown. I am trying to do our best to keep things as calm as possible, knowing the embarkation and disembarkation are the most challenging parts of the trip.

The notification said arrive between 12:30-3:30. The eating places are open at 11:30 and close at 3:30, many being crowded. Giovanni's Table, which we heard was not crowded, was our preference for lunch but it is only open from 12:00-1:30 for lunch. If embarkation doesn't begin until 12:30, why is everything open starting at 11:00-11:30.

When would be the best (and earliest) time to board to have pier assistance promptly, not wait long at the pier, and have time to eat lunch without minimal crowds if possible.

Thanks!!

Maureen

You start a new thread by going to the main forum page. Click on the Forum Tools tab. At any rate, this looks like a proper post for this thread. When my DW had mobility issues, before her knee replacements, there was no problem getting help for embarking. I would think that, especially if you let them know ahead of time, you will be okay. Make sure that the walkers your mom and sister have, have seats that allow them to be comfortable if there is a wait. Venues open early because you are usually allowed on earlier than noted.

Edited by packercruising