Give me liberty or give me...a review of her!

There's a reason my nickname in college was Slumber Queen. OK, one of many nicknames. Yes, the bed was dang hard. Never been an issue before and I still slept just fine. But I will be requesting a topper in the future. I did notice a big difference.

I enjoy pictures too but I swear go look at Cuizer2's pictures and pretend they're mine.

Who do you call to request a mattress topper ahead of time? I'd rather ask for one for my JS than chance it being rockhard.

I think it will be worth the packages for us if for no other reason so we pay it up front instead of getting a crazy bill at the end of the cruise!:D

This will be our first cruise with RC and we are both really looking forward to it and the GS perks are a huge bonus!:o Anything we shouldn't miss?

Thank you for your great info!

Agree about Ice show, and since you have a GS there is reserved seating and you can bypass line, my favorite perk is breakfast at Chops ( also sea day lunchs) , we also love drink package choice of drinks in suite lounge is limited and I do not like the quality of wine that they offer

And so it begins…….

There won’t be pictures. Basically, I’m too lazy. We used up all our picture taking abilities on our 1st ten cruises. Now it’s a small miracle if we even remember to get our 2 free photos! If you want photos, Cuizer2 seems to have some excellent ones in his review. You can find it here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2364155

OK, shall we begin?

Some real good information here. But really I want to thank you for the kind comment about my photos. :)

Did you happen to take a speed test of the VOOM internet? I know as of mid-May it was still painfully slow (not 'real' voom).

Myself and several family members are going in Sept, and my wife can only go if its fast enough for her to work from the ship (I suspect she would need at least 3 mb/s), which it wasn't in May.

Pink - I echo what George said about breakfast in Chops. So much better than dealing with the MDR.

Perfect! There is also lunch in Chops for Suite Guests on Sea days???

Yes lunch is on sea days, but on non-sea days you can bring in food from WJ and sit there and there will be waiters to get water/drinks, less noise and never as crowded as WJ

Can someone tell me what Gaidos is? I don't want to sound ignorant. Is it on Liberty? I haven't heard anything.

Gaidos is a Galveston institution. Having grown up in Houston, it was a huge treat to go to Gaidos when I was a little girl. Starched linen tablecloths and attentive waiters. The seafood is amazing. Family owned for over 100 years. Weathered a lot of storms! Can't go wrong with Gaidos. Pronounced Guy-does.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great information on this thread.. Thank you all.. I did purchase the voom package for two devices on our july 03 -10 cruise on LOS. My sweetheart needs to be able to talk to her daughters and grand babies.. and I will enjoy an occasional chat with my kids..

I do hope the speed is sufficient to FaceTime. I purchased the voom streaming package.

Ive only been on Adventure of the seas 3x... out of San Juan, which i really like.. SO I'm hoping to love this ship. Galveston seems a bit tough to get to.. but our group is flying in a day ahead out of Pittsburgh via West Virginia... and staying near the Space Center. We determine the most reasonable way for our group of 8 adults was to rent two cars and just leave them at the terminal.

Want to do some specialty dining too.. for one night. hope its good..

Add Harborside Mercantile to your list. It's new on The Strand and has fantastic food.

BLVD Seafood on Seawall doesn't look like much from the outside but is great, too.

Casual: Shrimp & Stuff, Benno's or Nick's (if you take the patio)

Breakfast: Sunflower Bakery & Cafe

And no complaints from me about Gaido's. It's consistently good.

Miller's for a good home style breakfast

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Would anyone happen to have a speed test taken from the VOOM surf and stream from the past week or two? My wife would need to connect to her VPN to use a virtual machine so I would feel a lot more comfortable if we had actual numbers for comparison.

Would anyone happen to have a speed test taken from the VOOM surf and stream from the past week or two? My wife would need to connect to her VPN to use a virtual machine so I would feel a lot more comfortable if we had actual numbers for comparison.

Speed may not matter as I have found the VPN I use blocked on both ships with fast O3b internet and the older slow geosync internet. In other words, I would have a plan B if you find the VPN blocked.

• 1 month later...

I'll let you know in 2 weeks... And I have a VPN to test.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...