Air2Sea Question

Has anyone used Air2Sea to book an international one-way Business class either to or from a cruise port? If so, was there a marked difference/savings in the price? I've read there can be great savings for one-way air on Air2Sea, but I don't know if this applies to business class as well. Looking at Air2Sea in the just opened airfare time window for a future cruise and I'm not seeing any real difference in the prices, but maybe as time goes by Air2Sea fares will be better. I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this. Thanks!

Has anyone used Air2Sea to book an international one-way Business class either to or from a cruise port? If so, was there a marked difference/savings in the price? I've read there can be great savings for one-way air on Air2Sea, but I don't know if this applies to business class as well. Looking at Air2Sea in the just opened airfare time window for a future cruise and I'm not seeing any real difference in the prices, but maybe as time goes by Air2Sea fares will be better. I'm curious if anyone has had experience with this. Thanks!

Yes....we've used Air2Sea for all our one way or open jaw flight. We fly Business Class and, to me, have found Air2Sea rates are usually a big savings over booking direct with the airline.

What ship/date/airports are you looking at? Are you looking at a specific airline?

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Yes - I just booked a One Way Business Class from Rome to Vancouver for after our T/A for next year. The prices are extremely good as we paid $2188CDN each and the same flight was going for $5900-$7000 each, direct from the airline and other booking agents.

One thing you have to be careful about is "which" airline you choose. For instance, if you book British Airways, you are not guaranteed your seats - they are a request only and you have to pay extra for your seats. I was told it would be approx. 35 pounds (sorry can't seem to get the pound sign!) each for a Domestic Europe segment and 55 pounds each for the International segment. I was also told, directly by British Airways, that you would not know the "exact" price of these seats until you had completed the booking with Choice Air/Air2Sea & then call BA. So, you would have to pay Air2Sea first and then call British Airways and try to get the "right" seats and pay them separately. British Airways is also tricky wherein you could end up in an actual economy seat that they use for Business Class overflow (they don't sell the middle seat so you have more room but you have no bigger seat or any extra legroom). So, we decided not to go the British Airways route - their flight was cheaper, but by the time you added the cost of the seats - it was very close to the other airline's prices. And who wants to pay thousands of dollars to end up in an economy seat? This was specific to our itinerary, it may not apply to you. Always check seat guru to see what is going on with seating on each plane.

We ended up going with Lufthansa as you could actually pick your seats and NOT pay extra. You still have to call any airline directly after booking with Air2Sea.

Air2Sea is in the Philippines and from my experience, this department is not trained properly (that is an understatement...). They cannot answer any questions and tell you to call the airlines directly for ANYTHING. I ended up booking online (I didn't have the confidence to let these agents actually book my flight) and then calling Lufthansa and was very relieved to hear that we actually existed - lol. After dealing with Air2Sea - I really wouldn't recommend them - ONLY for the low price. We just couldn't pass up the good price, but at least it all worked out in the end.

Hope this helps you.

Canuck

One thing you have to be careful about is "which" airline you choose. For instance, if you book British Airways, you are not guaranteed your seats - they are a request only and you have to pay extra for your seats. I was told it would be approx. 35 pounds (sorry can't seem to get the pound sign!) each for a Domestic Europe segment and 55 pounds each for the International segment. I was also told, directly by British Airways, that you would not know the "exact" price of these seats until you had completed the booking with Choice Air/Air2Sea & then call BA. So, you would have to pay Air2Sea first and then call British Airways and try to get the "right" seats and pay them separately. British Airways is also tricky wherein you could end up in an actual economy seat that they use for Business Class overflow (they don't sell the middle seat so you have more room but you have no bigger seat or any extra legroom).

Air2Sea is in the Philippines and from my experience, this department is not trained properly (that is an understatement...). They cannot answer any questions and tell you to call the airlines directly for ANYTHING. I ended up booking online (I didn't have the confidence to let these agents actually book my flight) and then calling Lufthansa and was very relieved to hear that we actually existed - lol. After dealing with Air2Sea - I really wouldn't recommend them - ONLY for the low price. We just couldn't pass up the good price, but at least it all worked out in the end.

Hope this helps you.

Canuck

Thanks for sharing your experience about British Airways. I'd heard that was how it worked for economy but did not know it was the same for Business Class. Agree about paying extra for seat assignment and it's especially bad that you don't know how much until you're booked.

I found this article with pictures of Business Class seating on BA 777 aircraft. I wouldn't like that seat configuration.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/11/29/british-airways-business-class-seats/

After I book with Air2Sea I've been able to use the Record Locator number that's on my Air2Sea invoice on the airlines website. With that # I've been able to book seats online. This has been with American, Air France, Air New Zealand and United.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

We booked our flights from ORD to BCN on the phone with Air 2 SEA. The person we talked with was very helpful. After I got off the phone, I went to AA web site and changed to the seats we wanted. This was business/first class. Saved a lot of money from AA prices.

Bob

Edited by macrc

What ship/date/airports are you looking at? Are you looking at a specific airline?

We are pricing a return from Barcelona to Atlanta on the April 17th Brilliance TA. I prefer Delta, and their return flight time window just opened a few days ago. I'm checking prices so I can budget, etc. I do see a much better price on American, and while I prefer to use Delta, it may come down to using American. I haven't flown business class American before, which is why I prefer Delta.

Right now, I'm getting a one-way Business class on Delta's site at $5041 PP and the exact same flight Air2Sea is $5751.71 PP. I'm wondering if Air2Sea's Delta price may change, and it's definitely higher than Delta's price which makes no sense to me.

Thanks for all the input and help!!!

we booked our one-way DTW-SYD business class seats with Air2Sea. The only issue was when I picked my seats with Qantas, I couldn't get a confirmation from Qantas. It turned out that Choice Air used the wrong aircraft and I had chosen non-existent seats! If you book one way with airlines, they still price the seat as a roundtrip. On Delta's website, they wanted $5100 per person for a lay flat seat, American wanted roughly the same per person. But with Choice Air we got 2 lay flat seats for $5300 total.

Thanks for sharing your experience about British Airways. I'd heard that was how it worked for economy but did not know it was the same for Business Class. Agree about paying extra for seat assignment and it's especially bad that you don't know how much until you're booked.

I found this article with pictures of Business Class seating on BA 777 aircraft. I wouldn't like that seat configuration.

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2015/11/29/british-airways-business-class-seats/

After I book with Air2Sea I've been able to use the Record Locator number that's on my Air2Sea invoice on the airlines website. With that # I've been able to book seats online. This has been with American, Air France, Air New Zealand and United.

Thanks for that article - yes, glad that we decided NOT to book British Airways as I kind of suspected it would be troublesome with the seats. I said a prayer after we booked online and hoped that Lufthansa had heard of us when I called and was so relieved when I talked to them, as Air2Sea told me that they would not "guarantee" those seats either and that they were requests only.

For those of you that found Air2Sea helpful, it must have been your lucky day as I called them several times and had trouble every time over a number of days. Once I booked, I didn't even get an invoice from them and had to call twice to get them to send it. Like I said, if the price were the same with another vendor, I would choose the other vendor 100% BUT their prices were excellent, so had to put up with some bad customer service in order to get that price.:)

Safe travels,

Canuck

Has anyone had any luck with booking Delta on Air2Sea? I see lower prices for AA and United, but Delta is way up there on Air2Sea!

I just booked Delta with Air2Sea and the fare was $50 cheaper than direct with Delta or Expedia.

Air2Sea no longer offers transfers

As of March they did. It wasn't included in the price, but there was a check box for purchasing a transfer, towards the end of the booking process.

Has anyone had any luck with booking Delta on Air2Sea? I see lower prices for AA and United, but Delta is way up there on Air2Sea!

We got a good price on our domestic flight to Galveston with Delta fit this October. Refundable, premium economy, and still cheaper than booking direct.

I had contemplated upgrading our Delta domestic flight, booked with Air2Sea, from premium economy to first class, as the total difference was less than $300. I didn't price first class before booking, however, because I never dreamed it would be so affordable for this flight. Anyway, I hit a snag when I called Delta directly. The reservation was locked by Air2Sea, so I had to call them instead. Air2Sea wanted over $600 for the upgrade, so I left it alone. YMMV

Thanks for that article - yes, glad that we decided NOT to book British Airways as I kind of suspected it would be troublesome with the seats. I said a prayer after we booked online and hoped that Lufthansa had heard of us when I called and was so relieved when I talked to them, as Air2Sea told me that they would not "guarantee" those seats either and that they were requests only.

For those of you that found Air2Sea helpful, it must have been your lucky day as I called them several times and had trouble every time over a number of days. Once I booked, I didn't even get an invoice from them and had to call twice to get them to send it. Like I said, if the price were the same with another vendor, I would choose the other vendor 100% BUT their prices were excellent, so had to put up with some bad customer service in order to get that price.:)

Safe travels,

Canuck

When I booked my flight with Air2Sea this week I did it online and it was very easy. I got an online confirmation plus I can see my flight on the Delta website.

There are several factors involved and different routes/dates or timing come into play when looking to book. It's still early. Check frequently as flights can be added and/or pricing change. You might not be able to get the best price on your preferred airline. We prefer AA but on recent flights to Santiago with return from Buenos Aires United had the best price and flight choices. Good Luck! :)

We've booked business class flights on American using Air2Sea online for the upcoming Transatlantic on Harmony of the Seas. We're flying from Chicago O'Hare to Barcelona, with a stop in Philly. It's our first time using Air2Sea, and for an international flight, you can't beat the price. We paid a little over $1300pp, and the same flight when I checked the other day was over $7000pp.

If it weren't for Air2Sea, we wouldn't be flying business class! :)

I have email confirmations for our flights, but it's still not showing up in my phone app or online. The only flight I'm seeing is the one-way return flight that we booked on our own. Any idea when I'll be able to view the Air2Sea flight through the AA website, if ever?

Edited by jules815

We've booked business class flights on American using Air2Sea online for the upcoming Transatlantic on Harmony of the Seas. We're flying from Chicago O'Hare to Barcelona, with a stop in Philly. It's our first time using Air2Sea, and for an international flight, you can't beat the price. We paid a little over $1300pp, and the same flight when I checked the other day was over $7000pp.

If it weren't for Air2Sea, we wouldn't be flying business class! :)

I have email confirmations for our flights, but it's still not showing up in my phone app or online. The only flight I'm seeing is the one-way return flight that we booked on our own. Any idea when I'll be able to view the Air2Sea flight through the AA website, if ever?

The flights won't automatically show up on your AA account. I had to enter the AA confirmation number manually to have it show up on the account.

The flights won't automatically show up on your AA account. I had to enter the AA confirmation number manually to have it show up on the account.

Great thanks. I'll try that.

Just checked the price through Kayak, and today it's over $8000pp. :eek:

T

After reading that article I'll be sure to NEVER book on BA! We always fly business or first class for the longer flights, but business class on BA looks like a true nightmare! Thanks for posting that link!

sounds like this thread has used Air2Sea, I had not before my last Greek island 11 night cruise from Venice 5/23. We were looking for shortest flight time so took their Miami to Madrid to Venice flight. Since the cruise line booked it and this is the first time we ever changed planes in Europe, I never gave it a second thought. Well we missed the flight and first two nights of the cruise. What bothers me now is time between flights was 55 minutes but airlines guidelines states a minimum of 65 min. is needed and when we tried to get help all the emergency numbers were US numbers.:mad: One would think with all the papers we get one would include a overseas emergency number. This made for a disappointing 32 anniversary. Rest of cruise when well and we had 15 min. to spare on the way home:) Should air2sea know better?