Escape Haven aft penthouse - help

Mom2labs

So confused, have a suite and non suite booked for 4 currently but considering the aft facing penthouse in Haven for all 4 of us ( all adults). Concern with the pull out bed though for my 2 sons (21 and 23) .

How big is the pull out?

Does NCL have rollaway for suite?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks that's great to see. Now have to convince the "boys" that this would work and they won't kill each other. One is restless sleeper. Do you know if we brought an inflatable twin/air mattress would we be able to fit it as a precaution?

Thanks that's great to see. Now have to convince the "boys" that this would work and they won't kill each other. One is restless sleeper. Do you know if we brought an inflatable twin/air mattress would we be able to fit it as a precaution?

We are trying the same cabin type! Our boys will be 20 and 21 at the time we cruise next May. I was told by someone on NCL that you could get a roll away but it sounds like bad information I got. I have a one over 6 ft and a restless one also. They will learn to like it---or one can sleep on lounger on balcony! :)

We are trying the same cabin type! Our boys will be 20 and 21 at the time we cruise next May. I was told by someone on NCL that you could get a roll away but it sounds like bad information I got. I have a one over 6 ft and a restless one also. They will learn to like it---or one can sleep on lounger on balcony! :)

I was just having the same conversation with my son (21 year old). Also looking for next May!

Perfect think we have the answer to the issue! Thanks so much! I've lurked on CC as an observer over my husband's shoulder now for several years, making him ask questions and reply,n ow I am the obsessed one with this cruise.

Just wanted to add.....I don't fall asleep easily, but I totally had a long and peaceful nap on the balcony of our BA H6 one afternoon. >sigh< :p

It might be frowned upon, but a few blankies and pittows on a fully extended lounger might be just the ticket if one of your youngin's gets upset with the sleeping arrangements. (Please make sure neither one has been drinking too much before attempting this.)

And that second bath is actually considered, in real estate parlance, a 3/4 bath. Shower, toilet, sink. Fine for your boys, IMO.

Have fun! :D:D:D

Well we officially changed our booking and are in the aft penthouse on deck 14. Everyone is really excited! Air mattress was the choice. Does none know if NCL allows ones with electric pump? I seem to recall one line having a prohibition on the electric pumps. If so I'll go with foot or hand pump, it's probably lighter anyway.

Well we officially changed our booking and are in the aft penthouse on deck 14. Everyone is really excited! Air mattress was the choice. Does none know if NCL allows ones with electric pump? I seem to recall one line having a prohibition on the electric pumps. If so I'll go with foot or hand pump, it's probably lighter anyway.

There could be an issue with deck 14. :(

On decks 11 and 14, the master bathroom has a view of the balcony/ocean but no 2nd access to the balcony. If the boys are sleeping, you would have to climb over them to get to the balcony.

As for the pump, you can inflate the mattrass once and store it under the master bed (king). There is plenty of room under there for a twin mattress.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

We know only one set of doors, but after scouring some you tube videos, we found that we liked how the room seemed less crowded with the one set and we liked how with that configuration the master bath set up looked. Especially the light from the windows. As for the boys who wants to sleep away the trip and miss using and enjoying the cabin as well. They either get up or we step over or "on" them. LOL!

I was going to make the same observation as "Two Wheels" comment, but you obviously researched the differences between the deck 11/14 Aft Suites and the others. We actually chose 11312, the one in the video, for our August 20 cruise, and as you, preferred the bathroom towards the balcony arrangement. Also feel it would lend to a darker bedroom. Hope you have a great cruise. Regards Gerry.P.S. See you have the Oasis booked for this Fall. It is a beautiful ship. Immediately on boarding head to the Park Café for one of those delicious roast beef sandwiches.

There could be an issue with deck 14. :(

On decks 11 and 14, the master bathroom has a view of the balcony/ocean but no 2nd access to the balcony. If the boys are sleeping, you would have to climb over them to get to the balcony.

As for the pump, you can inflate the mattrass once and store it under the master bed (king). There is plenty of room under there for a twin mattress.

Edited by buckeye rob

We're recently off the Pride of America, where we used the pullout couch and a portable cot so the two sharing the living room space didn't have to share a bed. The cot was surprisingly comfortable. You might want to check with the Concierge Desk (855-625-4283) to see if the ship offers cots as an option before packing the air mattress and pump.

I researched when we cruised the Gem last week and there was nothing that said an air mattress with a built in pump was prohibited. We took a full size one to use in our two bedroom suite and it was perfect. In fact, we carried it in the bag it came in and then just slapped a luggage tag on it. We deflated it and threw it in the closet every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums