Stockholm Airport

sand piper

Assuming you mean immigration and customs at ARN they can vary hugely depending upon the flights arriving around the same time as you.

Customs is just making sure you walk through the correct channel.

Assumption 1 is your luggage is checked through to Arlanda.

You'll do a passport check in London and a further passport check in Stockholm to enter the Schengen area.

You get your luggage off the luggage belt and go through customs fir non-EU arrivals. The luggage tags on your case differ and depend on the starting point within EU or outside.

This Saturday will be still ok but in 1 week's time all through to August it will have serious holiday traffic.

Assumption 2 your luggage only goes to London

You do passport control and then claim your luggage and go through customs before checking it in for Stockholm. In Arlanda you will have a passport control nevertheless but don't need a cusoms check for luggage.

Assumption 1 would still be my pref as us maybe longer in Stockholm but no hassle in London.

• 2 weeks later...
When is your flight? With the recent events in England it could make things interesting on immigration with them deciding to leave the EU. :eek:
However far away the flight is, I would bet a fair amount that it won't be more than two years away from now. That is about how long it is likely to take for the UK to leave the EU, if not more.

Just flew into ARN two weeks ago for our Baltic cruise. The slowest part of the process was baggage reclaim. It took about 15-20 minutes for our bags to come out. Other than that, passport control was quick and easy.

I have a similar question--We are flying to ARN arriving at 1015 AM after a one hour change of planes in AMS , both flights on a single KLM booking in business class (splurged for our holiday). My question is, which terminal/gate # could we expect to fly into from SFO and depart from to ARN while in Schiphol? Do we have to go in/out of any customs or security points? Many thanks. Would have liked a bit more transit time, but KLM booked this as a complete booking.a

I have a similar question--We are flying to ARN arriving at 1015 AM after a one hour change of planes in AMS , both flights on a single KLM booking in business class (splurged for our holiday). My question is, which terminal/gate # could we expect to fly into from SFO and depart from to ARN while in Schiphol? Do we have to go in/out of any customs or security points? Many thanks. Would have liked a bit more transit time, but KLM booked this as a complete booking.a
You will arrive at AMS into the extra-Schengen portion of the terminal. Most likely, you'll be arriving on Pier E or F, though it could be at G. In any case, you will need to go to the Schengen portion of the terminal - your next flight will likely leave from either C or D.

You should get a familiarity of the airport - try THIS LINK to the Schiphol website where you will get your map.

There is a video on security procedures.

AMS has only one terminal, although it is a large building and has a number of concourses.

From first principles, you will need to clear immigration when crossing from a non-Schengen part to a Schengen part of the terminal.

However, you will not need to clear customs.

AMS does apply the rule that those arriving from safe countries do not need to re-clear security when connecting. The US is usually considered a safe country for these purposes. However, whether this can be achieved depends also on the physical layout of the building and whether the avoidance of security clearance can be accommodated between the gates actually used by your flights on the day that you travel, and I have no experience of a connection like yours.