Sketchers Go Walk in the gym?

Specifically on Freedom (September) and Oasis (May). We cruised on Freedom this last May but didn't make it to the gym but hope to do when we cruise again in September. I fully intend to make better use of the walking track on deck...other than just for walking to the bar or for food (!) but feel a litlle more exercise would help.

Many thanks in advance for any guidance.

Gill

Nothing very strenuous! Maybe the treadmill, static bike and cross trainer. I do have trainers (sneakers? I'm from the UK) but don't want to bring them with me just for the gym.

I think you will be fine.

Most people will have on the proper footwear. Most people who make it to the gym are the diehards, so they will bring their gym shoes.

If being in the gym is not part of your usual routine, personally, I would just enjoy the walking track on deck and soak in the sunshine and sea air.

But it's your holiday, so do what makes you happy! For some, that means getting their daily workout in :D

Gillme - GOOD LUCK. Just returned from the Freedom. My gym clothes never even made it out of the space bag! :eek: I wore a fitbit and kept track of steps and active activity, and met that 10,000 step goal every day. I guess the gym would have been better, but I had good intentions!

M

Nothing very strenuous! Maybe the treadmill, static bike and cross trainer. I do have trainers (sneakers? I'm from the UK) but don't want to bring them with me just for the gym.

I love my Sketchers Go Walks, they are super light and comfy and great for walking! I usually pack a pair of "proper running shoes" if I plan to go jogging a lot, but for only occasional visits to the gym and mainly walking like you described, I could well imagine packing only Sketchers Go Walks to save some space! :)

Thanks everyone! I'll just take my Sketchers and maybe(hopefully) visit the gym! We had our first RCCL cruise on Freedom in May (B2B) and loved it which was good as we had the same already booked for September! Just sorry she's moving to the Mediterranean....we've consoled ourselves by booking Oasis for next May.

Thanks again for your friendly advice.

Kind regards,

Gill

Thanks everyone! I'll just take my Sketchers and maybe(hopefully) visit the gym! We had our first RCCL cruise on Freedom in May (B2B) and loved it which was good as we had the same already booked for September! Just sorry she's moving to the Mediterranean....we've consoled ourselves by booking Oasis for next May.

Thanks again for your friendly advice.

Kind regards,

Gill

You could have joined us on the Promenade (life boat) deck. We always did that in the morning

after breakfast. It's a nice walk, and as long as it is open, also great to walk around the bow.

Don't forget to wave to the bridge crew and the camera as you pass! :)

Agree...we will dearly miss Freedom when she leaves us here in PC. :(

Edited by island lady

I am a recent Skechers Go Walk convert.

I bought the canvassy-upper ones, and they were great. So I went and bought another pair from Amazon, and they came, but they look like slippers, they were like a viscose-sock type upper) However silly they look, they are the most comfortable things I have EVER put on my feet.

I wore them on the running track and, however briefly I went there, the gym

Edited by ade1982