Waitlisted for an excursion

chloe45

Yes, that happened to us on 2 excursions for our August cruise. I don't recall that we received any notification, just noticed the change from "Waitlisted" to "Confirmed" when checking my Cruise Personalizer one day. You won't get any tickets until you are onboard.

You can cancel if you want to, either online prior to the cruise, on onboard up until some cutoff date - usually 24-48 hours prior to the tour (the cancellation deadline will be shown on the tickets). If you prepay your tours, refunds for cancellation made online will go back on to the credit card you used to pay. I'm not sure what happens with prepaid tours if you cancel onboard - maybe someone knows if the credit goes back to the credit card or onto your onboard account?

I'm on the waitlist for an excursion in Nov. If space becomes available will I be automatically moved to reserved?

If space becomes available before the cruise, the Personalizer will show the changed status. This far in advance, it is likely you will clear the waitlist before the cruise.

If still on the waitlist when you embark, you might still have cleared the waitlist and the tickets will be sent to your cabin. But to be sure in case you did not clear, check with the excursion desk to make sure you are on the waitlist they have as sometimes the waitlist information may not have made it to the ship.

November is still a long way off. Obviously you've chosen a very popular excursion. What cruise are you going on?

It might be worth booking your second choice excursion as well. When this has happened to us I always book a back up just in case. If and when your original excursion choice becomes available the personaliser will do away with your second choice and confirm the original. Hope that makes sense. It would be very unusual if nothing has happened until you're onboard but the same system applies then.

I'm on the waitlist for an excursion in Nov. If space becomes available will I be automatically moved to reserved?

Yes, you will and you should receive an email confirming this. We were waitlisted on a tour for a last minute booking and we were automatically moved into reserved and the email alerted us.

A bit off topic but we ( family of 4 ) usually book excursions on board and were wait listed a few times. I guess we have been fortunate since there were always tickets available the day of.

I've noticed that the cruise ships will add buses if there is demand. On one of our 'wait list' excursions our bus was only half full :) . Another time, we were able to get 2 tickets and were wait listed for another 2. The next day we received a 3rd ticket. Thoughts of alone time crept into my mind :D -- alas the 4th ticket appeared in my cabin the night before the scheduled excursion date.

We were wait listed for a tour at Kusadaai until we realized that we had gotten notice that the ship wasn't going there. We have now cancelled them anyway. Although it's not like we had a lot of choice! Although it is kind of curious why the tours for the port were still up.

Safe journeys!