Nearest car rental to Port Everglades

Yayamama77

The port is practically AT the airport, so you can look at all the car rental companies at the airport. There should be shuttles from port to the car rental places at the airport, but if you find a great price at a rental place that doesn't have a shuttle, the cab fare won't be very much.

I am looking to rent a car immediately after disembarking from my cruise. Which rental agency is the closest or what is the best way to go about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are several of the major auto rental companies sited in a cluster off the airport exit. You can cab or Uber over to the rental agency of your choice, no more than a 10 minute drive from the cruise port.

Edited by evandbob

The port is practically AT the airport, so you can look at all the car rental companies at the airport. There should be shuttles from port to the car rental places at the airport, but if you find a great price at a rental place that doesn't have a shuttle, the cab fare won't be very much.

There's a Budget office right near the port; the address is 1515 SE 17th St Causeway and it's much closer than the airport. The added advantage is that there is a shuttle that will take you there from the port so you don't have to pay for a cab. This is where we are picking up our post-cruise rental. Then we are dropping it off at FLL airport before our flight home.

Edited by bakersdozen12

There is a Thrifty car rental office that is literally just outside the port entrance. If you rent from them, they will pick you up when you disembark from the ship and shuttle you to their rental location (5 minute drive).

Thrifty/Dollar is the closest one...usually great rates and a quick and easy shuttle that runs often due to them being right out side the Port Evergades gate on Miami Road.

But do check rates we have also used Budget on 17th Street...they provide a shuttle also.

And check the rates with all options like picking up at one location and dropping off at another...this can sometimes make a difference when you want to avoid FLL.

I'm renting a car from the Port Everglades Thrifty location. They had a fabulous rate. I'm going to get off the ship, get the car, do a little sightseeing in Miami, and then drop the car off at the Thrifty FLL airport location.

I have a later flight and this plan works out well for me.