Supporting pole in my room

quandrea

:eek: just found out that one of my rooms 4128, has a support pole. Is it worth changing? I see that connecting rooms 4049/4053 are still available but no one can tell me if they have a pole. I hate to bother my TA-- feel like the world's worst client. Can anyone advise?

Tried to post pic
Thank you for the photo. I may be able to put your mind at rest. What you can see on the left is the edge of the full height mirror.

In the reflection (far left) you can see the book that is on the far right of the photo on the desk.

The mirror is next to the bathroom door.

I've some photos of my own I will post in a second to show you a different view. Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful time onboard the amazing QM2 :)

Edited by pepperrn

The photo that you posted is labeled Cabin 4129 but you mentioned in your opening post that you have 4128. Or do you have both rooms?

I'm so sorry. 4129. I was upset and typing fast. We have 4129 and 4133.

Here is a similar view taken slightly further back...

QM2 INSIDE CABINS

It shows the mirror and reflection (and door handle of the bathroom left).

And here is looking the other way towards the cabin door, showing the mirror and bathroom...

QM2 INSIDE CABINS

Hope these help (there are further photos of this cabin via these links as well). If I can help to explain further please say.

Bon Voyage :)

Edited by pepperrn

I hate to admit but upon reading the title of this thread, my first thoughts were in the neighborhood of "Pole Dancing".:eek: Thanks for your keen eye Pepper. It would be very strange to have a structural support in a modern passenger ship as the cabins are made at a separate location and stacked into the hull similar to containers on container ships. Not at all like "back in the day" when QE2 was built. I never had two cabins alike on my QE2 crossings. Always a thrill to see just what you got for your passage.:D

I hate to admit but upon reading the title of this thread, my first thoughts were in the neighborhood of "Pole Dancing".:eek: Thanks for your keen eye Pepper. It would be very strange to have a structural support in a modern passenger ship as the cabins are made at a separate location and stacked into the hull similar to containers on container ships. Not at all like "back in the day" when QE2 was built. I never had two cabins alike on my QE2 crossings. Always a thrill to see just what you got for your passage.:D

...and my first thought was that the cabin came with a Polish person who provided support.

...and my first thought was that the cabin came with a Polish person who provided support.

All right. All right. Not my finest writing. I was overcome with panic! All is well now.

All right. All right. Not my finest writing. I was overcome with panic! All is well now.

My dear, we weren't making fun of your writing, which was fine. There is an occasional effort on this board to find humour (hopefully without offending).

I am glad all is well, and please don't hesitate to post any questions you may have. After serious answers are given, you might smile at the replies. God knows, I've asked some really bizarre questions that thankfully were answered with good grace and humour.

Regards,

Salacia

My dear, we weren't making fun of your writing, which was fine. There is an occasional effort on this board to find humour (hopefully without offending).

I am glad all is well, and please don't hesitate to post any questions you may have. After serious answers are given, you might smile at the replies. God knows, I've asked some really bizarre questions that thankfully were answered with good grace and humour.

Regards,

Salacia

No offence taken. I was making fun of myself. I see the humour in it all. I feel quite silly really. My husband will have a field day with this. I told him about said "pole" this afternoon and worried to him about how we could get moved. Turns out it is a mirror. Yes, it will be good for a laugh around here.

Probably not such a silly question as the aft sky suites on Celebrity Solstice ships do have a pole in the middle. From accounts of people who have sailed in these cabins it is no big deal though not sure it would be my preferred cabin layout :)

That said, I have never heard of a pole in a Cunard cabin.

Edited by Aussieflyer

It would be very strange to have a structural support in a modern passenger ship as the cabins are made at a separate location and stacked into the hull similar to containers on container ships. Not at all like "back in the day" when QE2 was built.

But check out these support poles in some of Celebrity's S class Sky Suites:

e6an4o.jpg

2zh2udw.jpg

nxocj.jpg

As a poster on the Celebrity board said, they're a great place to store the refrigerator magnets you buy in port - but you have to be very careful you don't stub your toes getting up at night in the dark LOL:

Probably not such a silly question as the aft sky suites on Celebrity Solstice ships do have a pole in the middle. From accounts of people who have sailed in these cabins it is no big deal though not sure it would be my preferred cabin layout :)

That said, I have never heard of a pole in a Cunard cabin.

So you aren't up for a bit of pole dancing? :D

People here are so helpful in calming panicked minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stand corrected. Those suites look built in place for sure. For what they charge for those suites, I should be very annoyed to wake in the middle of the night and bonk into one. And I surely would at least a couple of times before I realized I was not at home in bed. Good pictures and you probably could do some serious pole dancing with them!:eek::D