Recent taxi prices: Embassy Suites FLL

Love2travel4

Hello...I've been reading these boards for past couple of days. Mi believe I will be booking at ES for 1 night pre cruise in January 2017...$362 for one night..ouch! Just trying to see if anyone has recent taxi prices:

FLL airport to ES

ES to port (we do not want to use a shuttle)

Port to airport

I understand that most of these are metered and not flat rates?

Thank you in advance

Hello...I've been reading these boards for past couple of days. Mi believe I will be booking at ES for 1 night pre cruise in January 2017...$362 for one night..ouch! Just trying to see if anyone has recent taxi prices:

FLL airport to ES

ES to port (we do not want to use a shuttle)

Port to airport

I understand that most of these are metered and not flat rates?

Thank you in advance

All are or should absolutely be metered (don't use one that isn't) those trips should range between approx $12.00-$18.00.

Just a thought I always stay at Embassy Suites but for this coming March I ended up getting a much better rate at Hyatt Place (right behind ES) using valuetrips....$309.00 vs $219.00.

Is there some reason you are set on staying at Embassy? That price is crazy for Jan. Like mentioned you could be steps away at the Hyatt Place for much less. Nothing imo, would get me in Embassy for that amount.:eek:

Use Uber to save some.

Cab... FLL to hotel under $20. To port maybe $12.

Is there some reason you are set on staying at Embassy? That price is crazy for Jan. Like mentioned you could be steps away at the Hyatt Place for much less. Nothing imo, would get me in Embassy for that amount.:eek:

Use Uber to save some.

Hyatt is $351 for the same night. For $11 I would like to be at Embassy which seems to be the closest to shops and restaurants. Even hotels closer to the airport (which would usually be much cheaper) are still running $250 and have nothing around them!

I have never used Uber, we don't have it where I live. In fact, no public transportation what so ever. I only use taxis when ever I travel!

Hyatt is $351 for the same night. For $11 I would like to be at Embassy which seems to be the closest to shops and restaurants. Even hotels closer to the airport (which would usually be much cheaper) are still running $250 and have nothing around them!

I have never used Uber, we don't have it where I live. In fact, no public transportation what so ever. I only use taxis when ever I travel!

Unless your date is a blackout date, holiday, or special event, Hyatt Place is only $219/night in January thru Valuetrips.

Unless your date is a blackout date, holiday, or special event, Hyatt Place is only $219/night in January thru Valuetrips.

My post #2 was trying to say the same thing to the OP ;):)

We are staying Friday night 01-20-17. I have never booked with Value Trips. I prefer to book directly through a hotel website.

Certainly your choice...but a couple of us just wanted to give you an option to get a better rate ;)

I have stayed at Hyatt Place several times on a reservation made through Value Trips. After you make the reservation and get a reply from Value Trips you can call the hotel direct to verify your reservation or look online under the hotel website. Many, many people here on CC have used Value Trips.

Hyatt is located right behind Embassy and a five minute walk to shopping and restaurants.

I will stay at Embassy for the right price but not for $300+

Hyatt also has a free airport shuttle which could save more money by not having to use a taxi.

I see the Riverside for $216, Hyatt Pier 66 for $243, Courtyard for $268. All on lmtclub.com.

You can Google a free to join promo code. Great place for saving money and getting a liberal cancelation policy.

Embassy is $298 and Doubletree Bahia Mar under $250 if you book with Hilton honors while they offer the sale prices.

Edited by eandj

Use Uber to save some.

We are staying at the Embassy Suites in FLL for April 3 cruise. I was able to get a rate of $217 however when trying to get a rate from my son and family for the same night it went up to $250. I booked the rooms on different days. Seems just like the airlines -- capacity management.

We are price checkers on everything, from chasing cruise prices, to checking on Disney pricing, to hotel offers almost daily.

We booked our up coming Embassy Suites room almost 11 months ago, and we have checked prices thru the chain 1-800 number to different sites.

We actually got the best price back then.

Now mind you all those taxes in FLL take up the price.

It is what it is.

Enjoy