Empress of the Seas room question

We booked last month on a cruise on the Empress (I know, should've checked CC first!) and now I am doubting my wisdom in just grabbing a cheap ocean view stateroom.

For those of you who have recently been on a cruise on this ship, especially if you did a cabin crawl!, should I upgrade to a junior suite? They don't seem much bigger, just have a balcony.

Cost is not outrageous but we could get beverage packages for that.

Edited by aichambaye

On the June 2nd sailing, I was in a Jr. Suite (9636), my daughter had an oceanview (8100). The Jr. suite wasn't much bigger and unless you really want a small balcony (and it is small) I'd say go with the oceanview.

We booked last month on a cruise on the Empress (I know, should've checked CC first!) and now I am doubting my wisdom in just grabbing a cheap ocean view stateroom.

For those of you who have recently been on a cruise on this ship, especially if you did a cabin crawl!, should I upgrade to a junior suite? They don't seem much bigger, just have a balcony.

The JS would give you an extra C&A point per night.

The JS would give you an extra C&A point per night.

That is a good point.

Clarea, was that the case for you? Did you get extra points? The balcony would be a plus and I do think that the extra points would be a plus.

That is a good point.

Clarea, was that the case for you? Did you get extra points? The balcony would be a plus and I do think that the extra points would be a plus.

Not sure I understand your question, but everyone gets extra points in a JS or better.

Excellent. We have returned to RCCL after some forays into other lines (and several other types of vacations).

I also noticed that there is a bath in the junior suites, so it's got a larger shower?

Yes, the shower head in in the bathub area, so you do have more space to shower. However, some people don't like having to step over the bathtub edge.

Excellent. We have returned to RCCL after some forays into other lines (and several other types of vacations).

I also noticed that there is a bath in the junior suites, so it's got a larger shower?

We had an aft Junior Suite and our shower was the same size as our son's who had an interior room, in fact, the layout of the bathroom was the same between the two rooms.

Eric

There is no bath on the JS's on the Empress. Just a small shower.

Just off the Empress on Saturday and got upgraded to a JS....

Cabin was comfortable but was the noisiest we have ever had in 100 cruises! Right underneath the pool deck and lots of music and chair moving noises from above at all hours of the day and night. If you do get a JS I would suggest maybe trying for one below the Spa.

We are also just off the Empress on Saturday and also got upgraded to a JS, 9602 by the Centrum. We didn't have noise from above but several parties were held in the Centrum. That being said, if the party ended at 11pm or 12:15 - it ended, as did the music, etc.

All cabins on Empress are small. However there are 6 cabins in the F1 category of oceanview staterooms that are just a little bigger than others and just about the size of a JS, without the balcony. They are: 7164,7664,8164,8664,9164,9664. Perhaps consider moving to one of these if they are still available on your sailing. Pricing probably is probably slightly higher.

• 1 year later...
We are also just off the Empress on Saturday and also got upgraded to a JS, 9602 by the Centrum. We didn't have noise from above but several parties were held in the Centrum. That being said, if the party ended at 11pm or 12:15 - it ended, as did the music, etc.

Is there a bathtub in 9602?

we are booked in this room next June...did it seem like a good location?