Does Princess acknowledge and celebrate Thanksgiving?

pyro

For those of you who have sailed during Thanksgiving, will Princess celebrate the holiday in any way? My mother is excited about the cruise, but this is a very special holiday for her and she wonders is it will just be like any other day of the week, or they will recognize it and celebrate it?

Pyro,

Princess has a special Thanksgiving menu. I've seen it before somewhere on line. What ship are you sailing? I'm on the Sun over Thanksgiving.

Vince

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

June 5th - Queen Mary 2 Westbound Transatlantic

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

November 22nd - Sun Princess Eastern Caribbean

This link has information about the menu Princess puts on for Thanksgiving...

The LINK WOULD NOT COPY IN WITHOUT SUBSTITUTING THE ASTERISKS....

www.**************/holiday_dinner_1_htm

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;6;5;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;22;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

[This message was edited by vince_g on 05-11-04 at 02:32 PM.]

I just typed the address in again, and for some reason, this site is substituting asterisks for "**************".

Sorry Pyro,

This board apparently is substituting asterisks for the actual website. Even when I type the URL in quotes, it's blocking it.

Vince

Okay...

Can't post the link, but I can copy and paste...

Here's the basic info..

One of the most unique Thanksgiving dinners afloat is the annual "all pumpkin"-themed menu available on Princess Cruises' ships. Princess culinary artists designed the holiday meal to use the traditional gourd favorite in unconventional new ways. Every dish features pumpkin, but the style of presentation and preparation varies. Main courses include roasted Vermont turkey, served with pumpkin polenta; broiled filet of orange roughy with pumpkin risotto; center cut pork loin chop with pumpkin spaetzle; and grilled medallions of aged beef tenderloin with sautéed pumpkin rosti. Even appetizers, salads, and desserts feature pumpkin. "Healthy choice'' and vegetarian items are also available. If traditional pumpkin pie doesn't float your boat, how about pumpkin Crème Brûlée?

Hi Pyro!

Yes, Princess organizes something special for Thanksgiving. I was on the Grand 2 years ago on Thanksgiving week and they have a big arrangement in the atrium and a special menu in their dining room. But instead of a nice turkey leg, I got three slices of turkey breast and the pumpkin pie was more of a pumpkin mousse pie. It was delicicous but I must admit I love tradition for the holidays... But, hey, in the dining room, you eat as if you were in a fancy restaurant so... I have no idea if they also had a special buffet on the Horizon Court. Your whole family will have a blast.

Drop by http://melkrooz.tripod.com for my cruise reviews.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pyro:

We'll be on the Grand over Thanksgiving. It's also my Birthday ;-). BTW, the link does not work.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pyro, I will be on the Grand then too and it's my birthday too!! Should be a fun day!!

Have sailed 2x on Princess on Thanksgiving. This past year, we were on the Golden.

Here are the pics:

http://homepage.mac.com/tlassek/PhotoAlbum23.html

We actually had a different menu on the Golden for our Thanksgiving meal - it was a combination of formal night dinner and a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Our menu was not all pumpkin. Also, most ordered Lobster that night.

The ship is also decorated on Thanksgiving day - you can see that in the pics.

We are going on the Star for Thanksgiving. We cant wait to eat the food on the ship..plus no dishes icon_biggrin.gif

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we Celebrate Turkey Day on the Star!!!!

Voyager of the Seas 10/3/03

Ecstasy 9/01, 9/02

Holiday 9/98, 9/99, 9/00

the Pumpkin Creme Brulee and the pumkin risotto were incredible!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;7;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

island_pix.gif

Next Up, R Family Cruise Norweigen Dawn 7/11/2004

Dawn Boys - Come Sail Away

Island Princess 11/2003

Coral Princess 3/2003

Grand Princess 9/2002

Celebrity Zenith 6/2001

Carnival Ecstasy 12/2000

Guest Snorkelbunny

We were on the Grand for Halloween 2002 and experienced the all pumpkin menu. The pumpkin creme brulee was spectacular!!

~Adrienne in Seattle~

Hula_girl_2.gif

Noordam 1991 Pacific NW/Repositioning

Vision of the Seas April 2002 Mexican Riviera

Grand Princess November 2002 Western Caribbean

Norwegian Sea October 2003 Caribbean Sampler/Repositioning

Tropical.gif

The biggest difference for us when we were on the Golden Princess for Thanksgiving 2001 was that the Thanksgiving meal was at night. My family usually has the big meal at lunch.

Frankly, I wouldn't go on another holiday cruise because of the number of kids. It was fine when the Terrace Pool was open, but they closed it one afternoon in order to set up for Island Night. That's when I found out how bad the children could behave (especially when Grandma, who's "watching" them, is passed out in a chaise).

Pyro,

We were on the Golden last Thanksgiving. I have to say that while I enjoyed the lobster and turkey it wasn't a traditional menu, but delicious! I think the best thing is to realize it WILL be different than home. Maybe plan some special family activites to make it feel like a holiday,have breakfast in the dining room and reminisce about other days etc. There is a church service and a beautiful display of carvings that say Happy Thanksgiving. Other than that it pretty much feels like every other day on the cruise. We are going again this year and I will be better prepared for the differences. Maybe we'll meet if you're on the Star!

Schultzy icon_cool.gif

Maybe I am a tightwad, ok not maybe but doesn't anyone else notice the HUGE price increase at most holidays, Xmas and New Years are the worst. I can sail twice for the same money by picking a different week.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

srphnx--We got a great rate on our Diamond Thanksgiving cruise. We booked early and got mini-suites for just under $1000.00 each with the kids inside cabin going for about $650.00 each. Some friends of ours wanted join us, but now the prices have gone way up!

Archived