Cruising as a group-questions

EndersFoul

We usually cruise just as a couple but my mother will be joining us (her first cruise at age 70!) for Alaska 2017. We have balcony cabins next to each other, but how do we ensure we get on the same excursion group, the same dining table, same disembarkation group etc? Is there a way to tell Princess "anywhere we go, make sure she comes too"?

We usually cruise just as a couple but my mother will be joining us (her first cruise at age 70!) for Alaska 2017. We have balcony cabins next to each other, but how do we ensure we get on the same excursion group, the same dining table, same disembarkation group etc? Is there a way to tell Princess "anywhere we go, make sure she comes too"?

To be in the same excursion group, just go to the assembly point togetherer.

Linking the booking numbers will ensure that you have the same table in the dining room, just double check on your cruise card when you board.

Usually, a couple of days before the end of the cruise, you will receive disembarkation papers in the cabin. You can fill them out to include mom on the same disembarkation group.

Edited by partybarbie

For shore excursions you can only book for the number of people in your cabin. Make sure that you are all booked for the same tours at the same times. Then when you get off the ship for the tour, just make sure you are together and you will have no problems.

Also make sure you are linked together in the booking, request the same dining time and table size and you should be okay. IF there are any problems when you get on just go the Maitre D and he will take care of it.

No worries at all, things will be fine. We have traveled many times with my MIL and we have never had problems.

We usually cruise just as a couple but my mother will be joining us (her first cruise at age 70!) for Alaska 2017. We have balcony cabins next to each other, but how do we ensure we get on the same excursion group,

If the same excursion is offered at multiple times, you all need to sign up for the same time. The personalizer will only allow you to sign up for those in your cabin, so you will need to co-ordinate the excursion reservations when you do them. Possibly calling Princess would allow you to book the excursions for everyone.

Also, when it is time to take the excursion, go together to the meeting place so that you will be assigned to the same group.

the same dining table, As others pointed out, have your TA contact Princess to have your cruise bookings linked. I assume you have selected either early or late traditional dining times. If you have selected anytime dining, you just need to show up for dinner at the same time to be seated together.

same disembarkation group etc? You will receive a disembarkation request form early in the cruise. Just all request the same disembarkation time. If you are assigned different times, a trip to the Purser's desk can get the time(s) changed to be at the same time.

Is there a way to tell Princess "anywhere we go, make sure she comes too"?No.

see above in red

Edited by caribill