My Carnival TRIUMPH from NEW ORLEANS 2016 Cruise Review!!!

Dinner #1 In The London Dining Room:

I had Your-Time Dining which means I could dine in a specific dining room from 5:45pm until about 9:00pm. My assigned dining room was the Deck 3 level of the London Dining Room. The entrance for cruisers with Your-Time Dining was in the Carnival Triumph's atrium.

The Carnival Triumph has been upgraded to have Carnival's new dining experience known as American Table. The menus and food were different this cruise compared to past Carnival Cruise experiences. Personally, I thought the food was great. It was nice trying some new menu items.

Our waitstaff for the evening did an exceptional job. They constantly refilled our glasses, recommended dishes to try, and came by to make sure everything was great. Overall, the dining experience for this night of the cruise was excellent. The food was delicious and the service was above and beyond.

Here are some food pictures:

2292581_orig.jpg

6187777_orig.jpg

5746083_orig.jpg

2663801_orig.jpg

9211210_orig.jpg

I am really enjoying your review and pics! We will be on the Triumph in December. Two questions-

What was your cabin #? We are also on deck 2 forward in cabin 2271 which seems to be in the area you described. I'm thinking I need to call my PVP and change rooms.

So, the rooms haven't been updated? I have never seen decor like that on any of the Carnival ships we have been on.

Stateroom:

My stateroom was an Ocean View room located close to the front on the ship's Main Deck (Deck 2). Our room was located extremely close to the front elevator/stairwell area and the ship's atrium elevators. This location was great, but during the evening the location was a nightmare because the noise from the atrium was too loud. I will discuss this more later in the review.

Really enjoying your review! It's been quite a while since we sailed on the Triumph, and we've never sailed from NO. Guess we need to book it! :D

I would love to read a Jamman Triumph review before June 24th of next year!! (Hint, hint) :)

Great photos. Looking forward to the rest of your review!

Thank you!

Really enjoying your review! It's been quite a while since we sailed on the Triumph, and we've never sailed from NO. Guess we need to book it! :D

You should consider the Triumph from NOLA! I loved the ship and the homeport!

I am really enjoying your review and pics! We will be on the Triumph in December. Two questions-

What was your cabin #? We are also on deck 2 forward in cabin 2271 which seems to be in the area you described. I'm thinking I need to call my PVP and change rooms.

So, the rooms haven't been updated? I have never seen decor like that on any of the Carnival ships we have been on.

My stateroom number was 2278. I would consider a change because 2271 is also close to the atrium and forward elevators. However, I should note that I go to sleep early around 9 or 10pm.

I'm really enjoying the review so far, we will be on the Triumph in a couple months.

Thank you! Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the review. The GF and I will be on the Triumph in December and looking to purchase the Cheers package. I saw on your blog that you purchased the package. Did you find it of value to purchase the package?

Thanks

Thanks for the review. The GF and I will be on the Triumph in December and looking to purchase the Cheers package. I saw on your blog that you purchased the package. Did you find it of value to purchase the package?

Thanks

I'm sorry, but I did not purchase the Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles package. On my blog, I scanned a copy of the flyer crew members had that advertised the Cheers package. This was the only information I have about Cheers from this particular cruise.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Have a great cruise in December.

1431811_orig.jpg

2834608_orig.jpg

The First Night Onboard The Carnival Triumph:

I was extremely tired after having to wake up early to travel to New Orleans, but I still wanted to enjoy some of the night's activities onboard. The cruise's Welcome Aboard show was at 7:30pm in the Rome Lounge. This cruise still had the old style Welcome Aboard Show. The ship's dance cast, vocalists, and showband did a great job. Following some singing and dancing, our Cruise Director Matey got on stage. He did a great job and was very entertaining. Following his part of the Welcome Aboard Show, a singer sang "Dancin' in the Street". The ship's comedians did not perform during this show. Overall, this was the best Welcome Aboard Show I have ever seen!!!

After the Welcome Aboard Show, I walked to the South Beach Club to get a glass of water before going to bed. I took a quick detour to take some photos of the outsides of the ship at night. Below you will find my nighttime photos.

6859462_orig.jpg

8658637_orig.jpg

3344438_orig.jpg

6152520_orig.jpg

8301905_orig.jpg

A Night Of Misery & Noise In My Stateroom:

​After returning to my stateroom, I found that my stateroom steward did not service the room. We did not receive a Fun-Times newsletter or any other handouts on this evening of the cruise. This was slightly disappointing, but not too big of a deal. I think my steward just starting working for Carnival and did not understand how things work. He did a much better job the next day and for the rest of the cruise!

While my stateroom was in a good location for day-time activities, the location was awful at nighttime. I was able to hear the atrium's music loud and clear until it stopped right before midnight. There was a 70's music trivia that was hosted in the atrium at 10pm and I was able to hear the music and questions clearly. If I would have attended I probably could have won, but instead I was trying to fall asleep. I do not recommend booking any stateroom that is located close to the ship's atrium. Once I fell asleep, I did not wake up until the next morning. I have learned my lesson when it comes to better checking stateroom locations.

Edited by thecruiserofships

Day 2

Friday, June 17, 2016

Sea Day

Morning Walk Around The Ship:

Although I did not sleep well during the cruise's first night, I still woke up early because I wanted to look around the ship. My tour started in the ship's atrium on Deck 3. The Deck 3 (Lobby) level of the ship's atrium is home to the Shore Excursions desk, Guest Services desk, and atrium bar. The Shore Excursions desk was closed at this time in the morning, but later in the day would be open selling tours & excursions for Cozumel. The Guest Services desk is open 24 hours a day and had no line. This would have been the time to ask a question or take care of something because the lines became long once other cruisers are awake.

6334134_orig.jpg

3231249_orig.jpg

4268248_orig.jpg

After taking a few pictures of the ship's atrium, I went into the Deck 3 level of the Rome Lounge. The lounge was empty because no activities, games, or shows were taking place this early in the morning.

8995258_orig.jpg

4390473_orig.jpg

7334673_orig.jpg

The Deck 4 level of the atrium is primarily home to the Pixels Photo Gallery, but the ship's library is located here. Each time I walked by this library during the cruise, it had only a few people inside. This is a good area for cruisers that want peace and quiet.

7587101_orig.jpg

1890749_orig.jpg

7997185_orig.jpg

While I was on Deck 4, I took a few more pictures of the ship's atrium. This would be the only time during the day that the atrium was completely empty. In the late morning, afternoon, and evening, the atrium would be home to trivia, games, and musical entertainment.

7966680_orig.jpg

7918686_orig.jpg

9022801_orig.jpg