Change in Carnival Loyalty Program

volmoma

Dont make the same mistake we did. Took about 25 cruises in a row with Carnival and always had a good time but found out there are better ways to cruise especially if you want to see the world.

These days for caribbean cruises we do Carnival but away from continental US Princess.

I agree. I love the variety you get on the different cruise lines' date=' and would not see any reason to tie yourself to one line. We are D+ on RCL but only Sail on them half the time, and they have much better loyalty benefits. They are nice, and I count the benefits when comparing cruises, but getting to try and experience different things are a better deal in the end to me

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just got off the constipation was talking to a guy who knows the cousin of one of the beards and during a conversation he over heard on Carnival airlines they are dropping all status but diamond and platinum they are also adding black diamond Can't wait

You were on the Carnival "what"??? ;)

Just got off the constipation was talking to a guy who knows the cousin of one of the beards and during a conversation he over heard on Carnival airlines they are dropping all status but diamond and platinum they are also adding black diamond Can't wait

Funny; usually Guys Burgers have the opposite effect for a lot of people ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think that's a great way to approach it. Carnival has Caribbean island hoping down to a science. And so I think they'll always be our 'go to' for that experience. But I've already said that when we do Alaska, we're probably going Princess. And in retirement, we'd love to do something longer and more exotic.

I fully agree. Carnival is a winner for my Western Caribbean snorkel itinerary priority. But they are way too limited for my travels. I was fortunate as I did not "wait" until retirement and have always traveled. Last 10 years of my working- 3-4 months/year. I'd have nothing but regrets now, if I hadn't. Time is finite and way too many retired people don't travel.

I've been living in the fast lane since I retired 4 years ago, now gone over half the year. I'm restless and can't stay home. :) So much I want to see and do. And the deals keep coming. :) (on the NCL Spirit tomorrow)

• 4 weeks later...
Well, it has been three weeks since anyone posted. Have there been any changes yet?

You're kidding right? When something new comes out, the boards will be lit up with people talking about everything they think is wrong with the new plan. Don't worry, it won't sneak by you. ;)

Well, it has been three weeks since anyone posted. Have there been any changes yet?

When they are almost ready to announce it they will tell us it will be announced in three weeks.

Than they will tell us oops not ready be back soon.

6 months later if we are lucky they might have something to tell us.

In other words hurry up and wait.

When they are almost ready to announce it they will tell us it will be announced in three weeks.

Than they will tell us oops not ready be back soon.

6 months later if we are lucky they might have something to tell us.

In other words hurry up and wait.

This is the one time I'm okay with "hurry up and wait." :) (in case you don't check signatures - I turn Platinum on May 13).

You're kidding right? When something new comes out, the boards will be lit up with people talking about everything they think is wrong with the new plan. Don't worry, it won't sneak by you. ;)

Somebody had to ask, and I drew the short straw. :evilsmile: