Mr. Sancho's / Nachi Cocom ....is it worth it?

anitabrad

We arrive in Cozumel at noon and are there until 10pm. I would love to do the all inclusive at Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocom, but is it worth it since looks like they both close at 5pm. Is there any other all inclusive beach areas that are open into the late evening hours? 1st time cruiser so don't know the distance from the dock to the beaches....plus how long it takes to get off the boat once it docks? Thanks for all suggestions!

When do you cruise and from where? Often there is an hour time difference between ships cruising from FLA and Coz -- so you could be there from 11-9:00.

Sometimes one or more of the beach resorts stay open late when there are ships staying late. It depends upon the passenger load and time of year (no reason to stay open when it gets dark!).

You might look at a non-AI beach club like The Money Bar, Paradise Beach, and the non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos.

We arrive in Cozumel at noon and are there until 10pm. I would love to do the all inclusive at Mr. Sancho's or Nachi Cocom, but is it worth it since looks like they both close at 5pm. Is there any other all inclusive beach areas that are open into the late evening hours? 1st time cruiser so don't know the distance from the dock to the beaches....plus how long it takes to get off the boat once it docks? Thanks for all suggestions!

Here is a similar thread that may help

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=50001608#post50001608

The thing about Nachi Cocum is that they only take 100 guests - not a big deal if you reserve well ahead of time, but definitely not optimal when you arrive as late as you are. IF there is another ship in earlier than you, I'm thinking by the time you get there all of the beach palapas will be taken and you probably won't get one. If this is a deal-breaker for you, then you might reconsider.

We have gone to NC twice now and have always tried to arrive right as they open, just after 9 am. You are taken to a palapa on the beach in the order you arrive, and it's just easier and more convenient to be "closer" to the action (closer to rest rooms, pool, hot tub, etc.).

Just a thought. :) The food and drinks at Nachi are AMAZING, best guac and salsa I have ever eaten. Let us know what you decide to do.

We've arrived at Nachi early and we've arrived later and never had an issue with chairs or shade. The facility is not big enough to be concerned about being too far IMHO. I agree with Langley about the guacamole - I am drooling just typing about it! :o

Been to Nachi many times and never seen more than 50 or 60 people in the place which makes it paradise to me. I can't stand crowds or lines or crowds. lol That Guac is pretyt amazing and the drinks are right on. IF they make them weak, just ask them to make it stronger and they will. Usually give the server a good tip at the beginning and at the end. Paradise. It is right next door to Sanchos and I always rent the jet ski and head over in front of their beach area.

• 2 weeks later...

We did Mr Santos last November. A beautiful place. The food and drinks were great.

That being said, we discovered it's not a great place for "old folks". We were 77 and 79. The sand was very hard to walk in. (I use a cane). We did not use the pool or get in the surf. We stayed about 2 hrs and left.

Two things, great place for young and able bodied, and we really didn't get our money's worth.

We have been to Nachi, Mr. Sanchos & Playa Mia. All were well worth the money. Didn't have any complaints about any of them. We are going to Nachi again in December because it's just DH & myself. More peaceful and relaxing there.

We did Mr Santos last November. A beautiful place. The food and drinks were great.

That being said, we discovered it's not a great place for "old folks". We were 77 and 79. The sand was very hard to walk in. (I use a cane). We did not use the pool or get in the surf. We stayed about 2 hrs and left.

Two things, great place for young and able bodied, and we really didn't get our money's worth.

I do recall seating by the pool also. Perhaps you shouldn't sit on the sand again. most beaches do have large sandy areas before you can enter the water. I recall Mr Sanchos had tables with umbrellas closer to the pool also that would have lessened your walk on the sand.

The beach isn't for everyone.

We're in Coz from 7-3 is that enough time and which one would you choose

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If your ship is on Coz time you'll have about 4-5+ hours at either; I believe both open about 9:00 Coz time and you need to be in a taxi heading back to your ship NLT 2:00. There are 3 cruise ship piers on Coz - be sure you go back to the correct one! ;)

Which one depends upon what you want. Lively atmosphere, water toys, multiple pools, choose Sanchos.

Quiet, relaxing, uncrowded (limited to 100 guests per day), choose Nachi