Family friendly affordable hotels/Miami Feb 2017

RNsoon2beNP

President's Day weekend might just be the busiest of the year for Miami-Dade hotels with the Miami International Boat Show and the Coconut Grove Arts Festival in full swing and the South Beach Wine and Food Festival starting right after. You didn't say what your target budget is but if the better popularly-priced port-area hotels such as the Holiday Inn Port of Miami-Downtown, Hampton Inn Brickell or Homewood Suites Downtown are out of your range you might want to consider staying in Ft Lauderdale for the two days. But at this point I would suggest making a cancel-without-penalty reservation at one (or more) Miami hotels to see if somehow the rates lower (or your budget increases).

Also where you were planning to park for your cruise plays into your decision.

Edited by fishywood

That's going to be the busiest weekend in February in Fort Lauderdale too. It is President's Day weekend, the beginning of a week long vacation period for students in New England (and other places) so lots of families are traveling/cruising, plus Sunday is the Fort Lauderdale marathon (not nearly as big as Miami or NYC or Washington, DC but it does bring in over 4,000 runners from most states and over a dozen foreign countries).

If you are driving, maybe consider finding a hotel in Lauderdale-by-the Sea, Pompano Beach or Deerfield Beach (1 hour to Port of Miami more or less), Plantation (1 hour to Port of Miami), or in Palm Beach County (1.5 hours north of Port of Miami). Check out West Palm Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, and Delray Beach in Palm Beach County. Since you'll have a car you won't be stranded in a remote location!

Edited by capriccio

I would stay outside of the Miami/FLL area - find a fun beach place along I-95 (West Palm is only 1.5 hours north)) or even Orlando (1000's of hotels in every price range) and drive to Miami the morning of the cruise.

http://www.parksleepfly.com and http://www.stay123.com are tow sources I have used for hotel parking deals.

Most of the hotels offering cruise parking are away from the port, near the MIA airport. 3 budget options often suggested include La Quinta East, Comfort Suites North and Springhill Suites Medical center. None includes a free shuttle back to your car - figure on a $25+ cab ride.

Bahia Mar is in your price range and on the beach in Ft Lauderdale! It's a Doubletree Hotel, nothing fancy, but it's decent enough. All of the beach hotels charge for parking, though.

There are several Hyatt Place and Hampton Inn hotels that might be a good choice.

Well I think that you should visit The Hampton Inn Coconut Grove it's a great option. Its located only minutes away from South Beach, Key Biscayne, port of Miami and Downtown Miami. You can also take the metro with access to Brickell restaurants and bars area. The hotel has free buffet breakfast and WIFI is included.

Here's their website: http://www.hamptoninncoconutgrove.com/

Have a nice vacations!!