Best method with 2 young kids - MCO to Port Canaveral

gqboy1

Thank you - just booked at the Homewood for the night before. How long was the drive over to the port? What time did you leave? We like being on the ship early

Drive to PC from MCO airport area hotels should take about an hour or just under. Bring some quarters for the tolls. I would not arrive in PC earlier than 10:00 unless you like sitting around - boarding for most ships starts about 11 or so.

Thank you - just booked at the Homewood for the night before. How long was the drive over to the port? What time did you leave? We like being on the ship early

Port Canaveral is about 45 miles and estimated 45 minute drive from Homewood Suites. I think that we left the hotel around 9:15 a.m. to allow extra time for traffic delays and returning two rental cars to Budget in Cape Canaveral. First we dropped off 6 passengers and all of our luggage at the cruise terminal (Royal Caribbean) and then the two drivers returned the rental cars and took their free shuttle back to the cruise terminal. Boarding the ship was quick and easy and we were onboard before lunchtime.

Port Canaveral is about 45 miles and estimated 45 minute drive from Homewood Suites. I think that we left the hotel around 9:15 a.m. to allow extra time for traffic delays and returning two rental cars to Budget in Cape Canaveral. First we dropped off 6 passengers and all of our luggage at the cruise terminal (Royal Caribbean) and then the two drivers returned the rental cars and took their free shuttle back to the cruise terminal. Boarding the ship was quick and easy and we were onboard before lunchtime.
. Thank you!

We've stayed at that Homewood suites pre-cruise the last couple years. Nice hotel, with a decent breakfast and plenty of restaurants in easy walking distance. We've had the shuttle pick us up around 10:00-10:15ish in order to get there around 11:00. As the other poster mentioned it's roughly 45 minutes to the port without any delays. If your returning a rental car I would allow another 45 minutes or so for that with waiting for their shuttle, etc.

Rental car pickup at the airport and drop off at the port the next day. Have you thought about visiting the Magic Kingdom the evening of the first day and staying at a Disney hotel?

I wouldn't even consider paying almost $300 for them to spend a few hours in the Magic Kingdom after traveling all day.

So it looks like from the points I have, I can pick from the following places.

MCO area:

1) Holiday Inn Orlando International Airport

2) BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Suites

3) BEST WESTERN Plus Orlando Convention Center Hotel

Cocoa Beach area:

1) BEST WESTERN Cocoa Beach Hotel & Suites

Any feedback on any of these hotels?