Junior Suite or Junior Spa Suite on Anthem

January we will be in Anthem for the first time. We are booked in a Junior Suite, Now I am wondering if the Spa Suite is a better choice. I am a bit confused about the Junior Suite being part of the family suite. If someone has been in either class of room I would love to hear what your experience and opinions are. Also trying to find out any information on the Dynamic Dinning, this also a first for us.

January we will be in Anthem for the first time. We are booked in a Junior Suite, Now I am wondering if the Spa Suite is a better choice. I am a bit confused about the Junior Suite being part of the family suite. If someone has been in either class of room I would love to hear what your experience and opinions are. Also trying to find out any information on the Dynamic Dinning, this also a first for us.

What's the price difference between each...I would opt for the lessor of the two...The Anthem cruises I've been considering the SJS has been priced lower and I like the set up much better. JMHO

There was a very similar post earlier today.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2375147

Long story short the Spa Junior Suite is better than the Junior Suite. The Family Junior Suite is the largest, but slightly further away from the elevators/stairs.

Differences between Spa and Family.

Spa has a separate walk in shower and bath. Family has a shower bath combo. Family has two toilets (one in the full bath and one in the half bath) and Spa only has a toilet in the half bath.

Spa has a love seat with ottoman. Family has a full size couch and chair.

Spa has one small closet next to the bed in addition to the full size closet. Family has two small closets on both sides of the bed in addition to the full size closet.

Spa is on hump (great views both aft and forward) and Family is slightly recessed and therefore looking aft you see hump cabins and looking forward you see the cabins that are forward of the forward stairs, which jet out further than the mid ship structure.

Edited by GatorWop

We were in a spa jr suite on the Anthem May 2015 and absolutely LOVED the cabin! Lots of space, a toilet with sink seperate from the shower/bath/sink. Shower had a rain shower. I would stay in that room again in a heartbeat!

There was a very similar post earlier today.

Long story short the Spa Junior Suite is better than the Junior Suite. The Family Junior Suite is the largest, but slightly further away from the elevators/stairs.

Differences between Spa and Family.

Spa has a separate walk in shower and bath. Family has a shower bath combo. Family has two toilets (one in the full bath and one in the half bath) and Spa only has a toilet in the half bath.

Spa has a love seat with ottoman. Family has a full size couch and chair.

Spa has one small closet next to the bed in addition to the full size closet. Family has two small closets on both sides of the bed in addition to the full size closet.

Spa is on hump (great views both aft and forward) and Family is slightly recessed and therefore looking aft you see hump cabins and looking forward you see the cabins that are forward of the forward stairs, which jet out further than the mid ship structure.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were in a spa jr suite on the Anthem May 2015 and absolutely LOVED the cabin! Lots of space, a toilet with sink seperate from the shower/bath/sink. Shower had a rain shower. I would stay in that room again in a heartbeat!

Thanks

I think we might have to change rooms to the Spa Jr suite. I just do not know just how I feel with the regular Jr suite set up. We use the balcony a lot in and out of port and at sea. Thinking that the layout of the room and balcony might be better in the Jr spa suite, just not sure yet.

We were in a Spa JS on the Anthem TA last fall (thank you last minute price drop!). We LOVED this stateroom. Great layout, tons of storage space, huge balcony, wonderful sitting area next to the tall window, fabulous stall shower, great views along the straight part of the "hump," and really convenient location near the midship elevators.

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

We were in a Spa JS on the Anthem TA last fall (thank you last minute price drop!). We LOVED this stateroom. Great layout, tons of storage space, huge balcony, wonderful sitting area next to the tall window, fabulous stall shower, great views along the straight part of the "hump," and really convenient location near the midship elevators.

Agree with all that. Here is a link to my walk-through from last month.

Edited by GatorWop

Hi

We had the same dilemma when booking our Anthem cruise for January 2017.

I booked on board in January 2016.

When discussing with the future cruise woman which JS would be a better choice (it's just my husband and I in the room) - she steered me to the regular junior suite. She said it's larger than the Spa JS. Not as big as the family JS. More traditional to what we think of as the layout of a JS. And it's on the hump with a bigger balcony.

I like the toilet, shower, and sink all in one room. The split bath would make more sense to me for the SJS if one was a normal bathroom and the other was a half bath with toilet and sink.

I was also concerned about the weird set up of the family cabin arrangement with the JS, balcony, and inside all sharing that door and still am a little concerned about that.

On the last day of the cruise while the cabins were being cleaned, I walked over to the JS we booked for next year to take a peek. It's very nice. While I still think the family setup thing is odd, I'm hoping the rest of the room outweighs that inconvenience.

I'm sure any JS on the Anthem will be great and you can't really make a bad choice.

Noreen

Hi

We had the same dilemma when booking our Anthem cruise for January 2017.

I booked on board in January 2016.

When discussing with the future cruise woman which JS would be a better choice (it's just my husband and I in the room) - she steered me to the regular junior suite. She said it's larger than the Spa JS. Not as big as the family JS. More traditional to what we think of as the layout of a JS. And it's on the hump with a bigger balcony.

I like the toilet, shower, and sink all in one room. The split bath would make more sense to me for the SJS if one was a normal bathroom and the other was a half bath with toilet and sink.

I was also concerned about the weird set up of the family cabin arrangement with the JS, balcony, and inside all sharing that door and still am a little concerned about that.

On the last day of the cruise while the cabins were being cleaned, I walked over to the JS we booked for next year to take a peek. It's very nice. While I still think the family setup thing is odd, I'm hoping the rest of the room outweighs that inconvenience.

I'm sure any JS on the Anthem will be great and you can't really make a bad choice.

Noreen

The layout of the spa junior suite makes it feel like a much larger cabin than the junior suite. The advantage of the junior suite really is the larger balcony, but room feels much smaller. See diagram in my previous post on another thread.

The specific post with the diagram.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=50413996&postcount=6

Spa Junior Suite - (267 sq. ft., balcony 81 sq. ft.)

Junior Suite - (276 sq. ft., balcony 161 sq. ft.)

Edited by GatorWop

We always go for the spa jr, suite. Love the large walk in shower with the ceiling rain fall shower. It also has the hand held. The family jr suite's bathroom opens right next to the bed. The door is 2 feet from the side of the bed. I rather not be in bed looking at a bathroom

Edited by maria1122

We always go for the spa jr, suite. Love the large walk in shower with the ceiling rain fall shower. It also has the hand held. The family jr suite's bathroom opens right next to the bathroom. The door is 2 feet from the side of the bed.

Just to clarify, the junior suite has the bathroom within close proximity of the bed. The junior suite is part of the family "connected" junior suite, which is different from the "family" junior suite, which are the largest.

The family "connected" is part of a three cabin complex that can be purchased together, which includes a studio inside cabin as well as superior balcony cabin (see diagram in link above).

Just off Anthem and was in a JS 11632. Fantastic cabin and even better balcony. Here's cabin pictures is you're interested.

ETA - since we did not have the three connected rooms, the door to the little hallway leading to our cabin was propped open with a door stop the entire cruise. No issue with the neighbors who used this hall to access their cabins or anything like that.

Edited by PokrChick