What happens if you don't go online?

I have a coworker leaving on a cruise Friday who hasn't done any of the online check in. What happens when she shows up at the port? Obviously they are going to get it taken care of, but how much of a hassle will it be?

I've often not printed my Set Sail pass, but she's done nothing.

I have a coworker leaving on a cruise Friday who hasn't done any of the online check in. What happens when she shows up at the port? Obviously they are going to get it taken care of, but how much of a hassle will it be?

They will check her in at the terminal. It will probably take less than 5 minutes longer than had she checked-in online.

Which ship are they sailing? It will be more of a hassle if it is Anthem as you do not get sea passes at check in, they are in your cabin. You use your set sail pass to get on the ship, buy drinks, etc. until you have access to your cabin.

If it is another ship, it is less of a hassle but still will take longer to board.

Remind her to be sure she has the correct documentation for the cruise - passport, right kind of birth certificate, or passport card - and if course cash money and a credit card. If she isn't laying attention to online checkin, she may not be paying attention to the required documentation.

Remind her to be sure she has the correct documentation for the cruise - passport, right kind of birth certificate, or passport card - and if course cash money and a credit card. If she isn't laying attention to online checkin, she may not be paying attention to the required documentation.

Excellent and important point.

First, she will be delayed entering the terminal. Instead of glancing at the SetSail Pass and comparing the name to the name on her passport and waving her in, the door staffer will have to pull out entire manifest and look up your friend's name. Since this is not standard, it is likely to take quite a few minutes. Chances are that the people behind her will have to wait, unless there is more than one door person at that door.

IMO, it won't be a pretty sight.

When she is allowed to enter the terminal, it will take about 15 minutes to check in instead of about 5, so not much of a difference there.

Which ship are they sailing? It will be more of a hassle if it is Anthem as you do not get sea passes at check in, they are in your cabin. You use your set sail pass to get on the ship, buy drinks, etc. until you have access to your cabin.

If it is another ship, it is less of a hassle but still will take longer to board.

Why does anthem do it this way?

Why does anthem do it this way?

Who cares, it was wonderful, We were checked in in less than a minute and that included having our picture taken since they did not like ours. Hope it goes fleetwide. No lines, we were actually approached as soon as we walked in the terminal. :D:D