New menu on Oasis of the Seas

Does anyone who's been on a cruise with these new menus know if the items marked gluten free are the ONLY gluten free items? I know they have made adjustments in the past, but in the old menu I think they had marked the things that _could_ be made gluten free versus the items that are already naturally gluten free.

For example the Caesar salad is not marked gluten free, but I'm assuming is it just because of the croutons. On the Giovanni's menu, it is marked gluten free (the description is still listed with the croutons)

New York strip loin is not marked as gluten free but the steak you have to pay for is...

My sister is gluten free and I just worry about her having very limited choices. We have cruised once since she had to go gluten free (so we know about ordering the night before, etc) and we chose early traditional dining so we would have the same waiter every night. I'm hoping that someone gluten free has used these new menus and that RCCL was able to alter some of the menu items not marked gluten free.

I just posted 6 of the 7 menus above that we had last week. As you can see, many nights there wasn't a single entree that was marked gluten free on the menu. I was very disappointed to see that as I have Celiac Disease and have to be 100% gluten free.

There were usually several options for getting meals altered to be gluten free. You order the night before still and they will alter the sauces and sides to be gluten free. The sauces tend to be thin as they apparently don't realize they could use corn starch as a thickening agent.

They also always have gluten free bread available each night. They actually had two varieties per night.

They also always have gluten free pasta they can make with red sauce.

I just posted 6 of the 7 menus above that we had last week. As you can see, many nights there wasn't a single entree that was marked gluten free on the menu. I was very disappointed to see that as I have Celiac Disease and have to be 100% gluten free.

There were usually several options for getting meals altered to be gluten free. You order the night before still and they will alter the sauces and sides to be gluten free. The sauces tend to be thin as they apparently don't realize they could use corn starch as a thickening agent.

They also always have gluten free bread available each night. They actually had two varieties per night.

Thanks for posting these. Are they posted in order of days?

Bummer as I was looking forward to the menus that are in the beginning of this thread.

Thanks for posting. You should start a new thread as these will become buried in this thread quickly.

Very dissapointed that the local influence section is gone. I also am surprised that they don't have the steak available everyday in the classics menu.

Thanks for posting these. Are they posted in order of days?

Bummer as I was looking forward to the menus that are in the beginning of this thread.

Yes they are in day order. Unfortunately I can't find day 7.

I was very disappointed in not getting the menus posted at the beginning of this thread beecause I was really looking forward to many of the items they removed.

Thanks for posting. You should start a new thread as these will become buried in this thread quickly.

Very dissapointed that the local influence section is gone. I also am surprised that they don't have the steak available everyday in the classics menu.

I will start a new thread if I have time in a bit. The local influence dishes I was really looking forward to and was sad to find them missing. The changing "classics" menu each night was strange (E.g. no shrimp cocktail until night 4).

Yes they are in day order. Unfortunately I can't find day 7.

I was very disappointed in not getting the menus posted at the beginning of this thread beecause I was really looking forward to many of the items they removed.

Thanks- The new menus was one of the driving factors for us to go back on the OA again in December.

Was on Oasis last week. The menus were extremely more limited than what is posted in this thread. I took some pictures and will try to upload them when I get the chance. Less choices each night and no "local influence" section. There were several dishes I was looking forward to which were not available.

Thank you for posting these! We leave on Nov. 5th.

Can you tell me if this was for the Eastern or Western Caribbean?

They're usually in different orders. We sail on Western.

Thanks!

Thank you for posting these! We leave on Nov. 5th.

Can you tell me if this was for the Eastern or Western Caribbean?

They're usually in different orders. We sail on Western.

Thanks!

This was Western, so the order would be the same for you unless they change the menus again before then.

I believe on Eastern days 5 and 6 would be flipped and the rest would remain the same.

I will start a new thread if I have time in a bit. The local influence dishes I was really looking forward to and was sad to find them missing. The changing "classics" menu each night was strange (E.g. no shrimp cocktail until night 4).

Reading that the classics section changed each night - I went back to the blog I found September Menus on and saw that there are slight differences - the classics were the same each night in September and also on day 2 there was a duck terrine starter and a duck l'orange entree. So, it appears all duck was removed for October as well as the limited shrimp starter and steak entree.

You didn't happen to snap pics of the dessert menus, did you?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We had the new menus on Oasis in Feb/Mar, twice as we were on a back to back. We were very pleased with them. A good selection of dishes. Whilst we don't really do desserts the choice was very large. We've generally thought the food in the MDR was better on Celebrity than Royal but after these new menus I would say the gap has narrowed if not closed completely. Many of the dishes are similar to those we have had on Celebrity.

We didn't send anything back, the fish options were always excellent, the portion size was good (apart from appetisers but you could order 2 or more), all the food was hot and notably well seasoned- nothing was bland. There was lobster and prime rib. I had pasta twice and it was perfectly cooked, hard to do when catering for so many. A much better experience than the last time when we had the fleet menus on Adventure (but not quite as good as the dynamic dining we had on Anthem). We are back on Indy in Sep and looking forward to experiencing these menus again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by kevinyork

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...