Cruise Critic Community
marksoe

New menu on Oasis of the Seas

Hey everyone,

Got off of the June 25th sailing a few days ago. During our sailing they told us this was the second week of their new menu.

I didn't take a picture of the first night's menu, since they told us this on the second night. They said that a few of the Miami HQ chefs were onboard making sure that everything went smoothly.

Please see the attached pictures for the dinner menus from days 2-7. (which were given to us out of order)

The overall consensus from our group is that either the food is really bland or really salty! There were a few really good things, such as the prime rib, and the crispy coconut shrimp (our fav by far).

The menu actually did change at some points too.

Here is the URL to the album: http://**********/a/2IEhr

EDIT: URL didn't work...hold on

Edited by marksoe

I'll be sailing on the Oasis in May. Hopefully all the kinks will be worked out by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing!

I've not been keeping up with the RCI board lately (life has been too busy) - are these menus being rolled out across the entire fleet this year, or just Oasis-class ships first, etc.?

(For anyone who hasn't figured it out, the site is "i m g u r" dot com)

Edited by moopetguy

I wonder why THAT website is banned here?

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thanks for sharing!

I've not been keeping up with the RCI board lately (life has been too busy) - are these menus being rolled out across the entire fleet this year, or just Oasis-class ships first, etc.?

(For anyone who hasn't figured it out, the site is "i m g u r" dot com)

No one has posted any information about that yet.

Thanks for the heads up! I know the menu had been due an update for a while, not sure if this is an upgrade though.

Can't wait to try it out this August, will definitely try the Coconut Shrimp! :D

Thanks for posting the menus.

I like that they've added more seafood selections and brought back the Vildali onion tart. Yum!

Hope they are available on our upcoming cruises.

~ Judy

Wish they still had some plain salads without cheese, egg, meat or dressings already on them. I guess I'll have to order lettuce and tomato each night. I do love that shrimp cocktail is back on the menu every night.

Edited by MAHA

Where are the cold fruit soups? I and others I know will not be happy to hear that they all disappeared :(

I like that Spaghetti Bolognese made the every day part, but am disappointed not to see the Angus Sliders.

I like that Spaghetti Bolognese made the every day part, but am disappointed not to see the Angus Sliders.

No love for the onion tart. Thought you were a fan

Where are the cold fruit soups? I and others I know will not be happy to hear that they all disappeared :(

This was my biggest complaint. I LOVE all of the cold fruit soups. The only one I saw was at the dining room at lunch. They had the strawberry soup.

Dessert?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have the pics on my second post in my album on photo bucket.

Dessert?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Click on the link in post #6.

No love for the onion tart. Thought you were a fan

Hadn't looked at the Starters. Yes, we are fans of the onion tart. Didn't see the scallop risotto though.

I love all the fruit soups too! Can't believe they aren't on the dinner menu anymore!! My brother will not like this-I swear he cruises just for the fruit soups! lol

Edited by racerswife

DW will be sad about the fruit soups going away but she will be happy that the escargots will remain as a classic item that's available every night :)

Thank you taking the time to post these. I too am disappointed that the sliders are gone, but there are plenty of choices, I'm sure neither of us will leave the MDR hungry.

Is there a fee for the "Local Influence" menu - it states a la carte, so I'm assuming yes. Anyone know the fee?

Thanks so much for sharing the menu pictures!

16 Days to go for me!!

We were on the same cruise and were very disappointed that the cold fruit soups are GONE!!!! Note that some of the entree's don't show the sides - our waiters didn't know the menu and weren't much help - so we got side surprises!!!!

Wow. Lots of fish. Since I am allergic to cod and halibut that is not good news for me. I will really miss the cold soups. Strawberry and Peach were SO good. :(