C&A Discounts and benefits vs online booking discounts

Sorry as I KNOW it's been asked 1000 times...Some good soul has a list of all of them perfected for CC. :) What makes me ask is (aside from a refresher) is we're sailing soon and I'm seeing 20-30% discounts if we book online vs onboard... How does that shake out exactly (with our discounts we've earned) and I apologize in advance for asking what I'm sure is a FAQ here!

Thanks!

Edited by lovetotravel06

Should've "edited" as I just looked at the "list" a few threads down!

That said; my question is still relevant I think. 20-30% off on net, drink, etc packages online vs onboard D discounts...Appreciate input!

As pretty regular RCI cruisers I can't believe CC hasn't addressed this query already! lol Am I not being clear enough?

I have to admit, your question(s) made me go, "HUH???"

But I think that you want to know how your C&A diamond discount compares to the discounts that RC may be offering to everyone, regardless of C&A status.

Is that correct?

Hi, I actually was wondering this myself, particularly regarding the VOOM internet packages. I called C&A and was told that onboard, the Emerald discount is just 15% off internet packages, so the pre-cruise discount of 30% is better. Hope that helps!

I have to admit, your question(s) made me go, "HUH???"

But I think that you want to know how your C&A diamond discount compares to the discounts that RC may be offering to everyone, regardless of C&A status.

Is that correct?

That's correct. Sorry I couldn't have been more clear. Seems that my Diamond "discounts" don't amount to squat if all I have to do is place orders for net, drink, etc packages online rather than onboard.

I guess that just doesn't seem "right" to me and was curious how to go about it. Apparently I would be just as well off (in some instances) to be a first time cruiser rather than a Diamond member that has spent considerable money getting to that status.

Perhaps that confuses me as much as my question confused you?! :)

Hi, I actually was wondering this myself, particularly regarding the VOOM internet packages. I called C&A and was told that onboard, the Emerald discount is just 15% off internet packages, so the pre-cruise discount of 30% is better. Hope that helps!

Thanks. Yes, that helps and is what I was wondering about but am a little perplexed about it. lol

That's correct. Sorry I couldn't have been more clear. Seems that my Diamond "discounts" don't amount to squat if all I have to do is place orders for net, drink, etc packages online rather than onboard.

I guess that just doesn't seem "right" to me and was curious how to go about it. Apparently I would be just as well off (in some instances) to be a first time cruiser rather than a Diamond member that has spent considerable money getting to that status.

Here are all of your on-board Diamond benefits:

image_zpscohxmmvj.jpeg

Guest maddycat

As far as I'm concerned, the best perk for Diamond and above C&A members is the evening cocktail hours. 3 1/2 hours of drinks every evening of your cruise in the Diamond lounge, plus 3 drink vouchers loaded on your sea pass card.

As far as I'm concerned, the best perk for Diamond and above C&A members is the evening cocktail hours. 3 1/2 hours of drinks every evening of your cruise in the Diamond lounge, plus 3 drink vouchers loaded on your sea pass card.

Would agree that's one that stands out which is why I said "in some instances". That said; if one purchased several devices on Voom, a couple drink packages, etc. Diamond status doesn't mean diddly on my upcoming cruise.

I was thinking (always a problem, lol) that if anyone could get say 30% off of a package, perhaps a Diamond, etc might have an additional % off that I was unaware of.

Clear as can be now right?! :)

Unless you are at least Diamond, book your internet before the cruise - it will be more expensive on board. For SURF it is 9.09 online vs 12.99 on board for one device.

Not if D tier. We're talking about spending $63.63 for 7 ($9.09x7) days of internet with the so called 30% discount. If you play it smart and there are 2 Ds in the cabin, use the first day free for one of the D coupons, and then get the package for the remainder which come out to $47.94 ($12.99x6-$30) for the 2nd D ccoupon.

Not if D tier. We're talking about spending $63.63 for 7 ($9.09x7) days of internet with the so called 30% discount. If you play it smart and there are 2 Ds in the cabin, use the first day free for one of the D coupons, and then get the package for the remainder which come out to $47.94 ($12.99x6-$30) for the 2nd D ccoupon.

Just a little off - the D discount is usually $20, not $30.:cool:

Also, if you use the first coupon well after sail-away (because you have cell signal for a while) you'll have WiFi far enough into the next day that you can skip buying on day 2 and instead buy on the morning of day 3 with the second coupon. Final cost 44.95 (5x12.99-20).

Here are all of your on-board Diamond ben
efits:

image_zpscohxmmvj.jpeg

Correct me if I am wrong....20% OFF any spa or salon service, means regular price not including the 18%, right?

Free (any size photo) is new to me as we only had 1 size to choose from on prior cruises.

In addition to drinks in Diamond Lounge during happy hour and 3 drinks on sea pass card, I also get BOGO wine/beer plus 20% wine/beer discount, right? Who is going to help me drink all this booze? Or better yet, who is going to carry me?

Also, need 2 to share my complimentary meal for 4 at Johnny Rockets. Don't drink sodas so will have complimentary soda package, and best of all who is willing to climb the Rock Climbing Wall in an exclusive session for me? All of these useless perks. Will enjoy 2 of the 4 meals at Johhn Rockets and my milkshakes. Hit the jackpot.