2 day taster cruise

upwarduk

A 2 day taster cruise on Eclipse out of Southampton, goes on sale today.

19th May 2017.

Southampton - Le Harve

It's sits between the 12 day Presidents Cruise to Iceland (7th May '17)

and 14 night Baltic cruise leaving on 21st May.

Might be be me, but I can't find it on the Celebrity UK site, which I find dificut to navigate anyway! Have you any further info?

I had an email yesterday from Celebrity and also a large online UK TA to say that booking was opening today.

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/learn/cruise-ships/celebrity-eclipse/eclipse-19-may-2017?ecid=7488784&rid=692368887&lnkid=Hero&emsc=UKCELTCTLSAVCAPCNON

We had the same email....How do you get a price? I don't think we would probably be interested as we would only have got off a couple of weeks earlier, just curious as to what they charge for a 'taster'.

We had the same email....How do you get a price? I don't think we would probably be interested as we would only have got off a couple of weeks earlier, just curious as to what they charge for a 'taster'.

From £259 for inside, £299 outside ( Tips and drinks included)

These are the prices quoted by the TA.

From £259 for inside, £299 outside ( Tips and drinks included)

These are the prices quoted by the TA.

Sincere thanks for the reply.

As a taster, if you want to either check out if cruising is for you or to try the line that seems pretty good value.

I just wonder if these sort of cruises attract a more party crowd? Not saying if that is good or bad, just wonder if it is the usual X clientele and ambiance on board...

Sincere thanks for the reply.

As a taster, if you want to either check out if cruising is for you or to try the line that seems pretty good value.

I just wonder if these sort of cruises attract a more party crowd? Not saying if that is good or bad, just wonder if it is the usual X clientele and ambiance on board...

We did a 2 day Amsterdam - Southampton in 2012 to ensure that we became Elite in readiness for our next 14 night Caribbean cruise.

There was no Formal night - never were on 1 st and last nights.

There were no Select benefits, I could have done with some free wi- fi minutes. I later wrote to Celebrity, as Elite passengers were given theirs, and I was given some OBC for my next cruise to compensate..

I think I would add the next cruise on, as 2 nights is too short, considering the distance we need to travel to get to Southampton.

We did a 2 day Amsterdam - Southampton in 2012 to ensure that we became Elite in readiness for our next 14 night Caribbean cruise.

There was no Formal night - never were on 1 st and last nights.

There were no Select benefits, I could have done with some free wi- fi minutes. I later wrote to Celebrity, as Elite passengers were given theirs, and I was given some OBC for my next cruise to compensate..

I think I would add the next cruise on, as 2 nights is too short, considering the distance we need to travel to get to Southampton.

I received the same email, but as you stated, it's a long way to travel to Southampton for 2 nights ;).

We only live ~ 1 hour from Southampton and have done a couple of P&O 2 night cruises, one to Bruges and one to Guernsey. We had great fun and they bore no resemblance to a booze cruise. In addition there was also one formal night, for which ~95% of the people dressed up.

Firstly I cannot find the cruise on the Celebrity website today, and secondly the prices seem quite high though a drinks package is included I note. Le Havre is also not the best of places to visit, I would prefer Bruges or Amsterdam.

Having said that, I like the Eclipse and as a short weekend break, it would be fun, since it is so easy for us to get to port :). If only the X website would allow me to book it :(.

[quote name=chemmo;50430394....

I just wonder if these sort of cruises attract a more party crowd? Not saying if that is good or bad' date=' just wonder if it is the usual X clientele and ambiance on board...[/quote]

We were on the two night "Taste of Modern Luxury" cruise last May on the Eclipse. When we had originally booked the April 17th trans-Atlantic followed by the April 30th Norwegian Fjords and then the May 10th Iceland/Ireland cruises we realized there was a two night break. The "Taster" was not originally open for North American bookings, but as soon as it became available we added it. Actually had the same stateroom for the entire length.

Of the 29 Celebrity cruises we've done the "Taster" was certainly unique. First, there were between 450 and 600 (depending on which Eclipse staff person you were talking to) UK travel agents on board for an industry meeting. While they did use a number of the venues for their seminars it really wasn't a problem.

Second, there were a great number of UK twenty- and thirty-somethings, the bulk of which seemed to have drink packages and the interest in using them. Two different bar tenders told us that passed-out passengers had to removed from both the Sky Lounge and Quasar. One of the assistant Food and Beverage managers told us that the Eclipse sold the same amount of alcohol on that two night cruise that they expect to sell on a seven night cruise. But we were in our stateroom by about 11 PM, and didn't hear any noise in the hallways nor did we observe any obnoxious behavior.

We've just booked this today, I believe it's selling fast.

Try through a TA as I think they may have block bookings of cabins, or ring the Captains Club, they may be able to help.

Adele :)