Mt Roberts Tramway questions

traveltime3400

We have free tickets due to our shore excursion credit, so those have been reserved. I have a bunch of questions:

1. Our ticket time says 2:00-3:30 pm. Is that actually true? I thought they were good for all day long

2. How late does it run? Is the gift shop at the top open the entire time (I can't find that on their website, I tried)

3. Is there a place for us to park our rental car close by if we want to do the tram while we have the vehicle?

Thank you!

Thoughts...

• my concern is whether fog rolls in at that timeslot. I would take the tickets to the tram when you get off and ask to see if you can get on whenever you want.
  • Google says it's open until 9pm (though I can't find it on their website). How late is your ship staying? I think that's more important.
  • which ship? which dock are you using? You might find it's easier to go before or after the rental car.

The website does have contact information for you to ask questions....

http://mountrobertstramway.com/ (click on the menu on the upper right for contact us)

Edited by xlxo

Thanks for the feedback. There are no other excursions we want to use our credit for, and by booking a cruise excursion (even if we don't use it because of poor visibility) I've been told we get a slightly higher priority getting off of the ship. So, we will keep our free tickets and decide if we want to use them on that day.

We will be on NCL pearl, at AJ dock. Our car rental is through Juneau car rentals which I believe is very close to the dock. Our port time is 2-9 pm. Thank you!

Parking near the tram is difficult. Yesterday, I saw a car that had been "booted," and the locals were complaining about lack of parking in Juneau. The tram closed at 9 o'clock yesterday. I don't know about the gift shop, but the restaurant closed at 8 and the eagle has limited hours for viewing (started at 10, not sure how long she stays open, as she requires a docent to control the behavior of the tourists and to answer questions.)

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback. There are no other excursions we want to use our credit for, and by booking a cruise excursion (even if we don't use it because of poor visibility) I've been told we get a slightly higher priority getting off of the ship. So, we will keep our free tickets and decide if we want to use them on that day.

We will be on NCL pearl, at AJ dock. Our car rental is through Juneau car rentals which I believe is very close to the dock. Our port time is 2-9 pm. Thank you!

Unless you are tendering, it is not a big deal getting off the ship in Juneau. At least on my cruises that are there in the morning - never a line. The only time I have had an issue is when we tendered.

I haven't docked at 2 pm - there may be more of an issue then.

Sorry- you are making a very wrong assumption with your "priority" thinking. The Pearl does NOT tender. You will be getting in the line, like everyone else. You won't be jumping to the front.

I'd either go up the tram before or after you pick up/turn in your car. Otherwise, don't park is near the Port/Franklin St area. Look for street parking past that area. (then you will be walking back and forth)

We have free tickets due to our shore excursion credit, so those have been reserved. I have a bunch of questions:

1. Our ticket time says 2:00-3:30 pm. Is that actually true? I thought they were good for all day long

2. How late does it run? Is the gift shop at the top open the entire time (I can't find that on their website, I tried)

3. Is there a place for us to park our rental car close by if we want to do the tram while we have the vehicle?

Thank you!

Your port time is 2p so one reason why the "time" is there. It is an all day ticket, unlimited times going up.

I seem to remember the tram ran until 9 p.m. I don't know about the gift shop, though.

We rode the tram fairly early in the morning, and got right on. Later in the afternoon, around 2 or 3, as we were walking back to our ship from another excursion, we stopped at the tram so DH could use the bathroom, and the line was really long. We were glad we went in the morning before the line was that long. Just something to consider...