Norwegian Sky Going to Cuba!!!!!!

MrsPhoenix91

We're due to sail out on May 29th and received an email today stating that our itinerary had changed from Miami-Freeport-Nassau-Great Stirrup Cay-Miami to Miami-Havana-Havana-Great Stirrup Cay-Miami.

Does anyone know how the overnight in Havana works? Do you go back to the ship and sleep there?

And would anyone happen to know anything about the tours they are going to offer there? The website hasn't been updated yet with information on this.

We're due to sail out on May 29th and received an email today stating that our itinerary had changed from Miami-Freeport-Nassau-Great Stirrup Cay-Miami to Miami-Havana-Havana-Great Stirrup Cay-Miami.

Does anyone know how the overnight in Havana works? Do you go back to the ship and sleep there?

And would anyone happen to know anything about the tours they are going to offer there? The website hasn't been updated yet with information on this.

On your new itinerary can you please tell me what time you disembark from

Havana on day 2.

Thank you

On your new itinerary can you please tell me what time you disembark from

Havana on day 2.

Thank you

Sure, this is the itinerary they send us:

Miami - depart 5pm

Havana - arrive 8am

Havana - overnight

Havana - depart 2pm

Great Stirrup Cay - arrive 9am - depart 5pm

Maimi - arrive 7am

Hope this helps!

Edited by Yunah
Spacing came out wrong

Sure, this is the itinerary they send us:

Miami - depart 5pm

Havana - arrive 8am

Havana - overnight

Havana - depart 2pm

Great Stirrup Cay - arrive 9am - depart 5pm

Maimi - arrive 7am

Hope this helps!

Thank you. My daughter and I are planning to book for the May 8th sailing as soon as they open the bookings on Dec 20th. I have already booked our

flight. Southwest had a great price at $64 for Sunday 5/7. Hotel also booked.

Now just waiting on NCL.

I booked a 4 day for july 24th 2017....man i hope they do not change it to Cuba. sorry i dont see why everyone is excited about cuba? and for the paperwork you need is there a fee for it?? cant just use your passport?

I booked a 4 day for july 24th 2017....man i hope they do not change it to Cuba. sorry i dont see why everyone is excited about cuba? and for the paperwork you need is there a fee for it?? cant just use your passport?

Why? Because it is like nothing in the Caribbean. Many countries around the world require fees for visas or visitor permits. Not unusual.

We stopped doing Caribbean cruises many years ago but absolutely loved the time we were in Cuba (land tour). Would go back in the beat of a heart.

and for the paperwork you need is there a fee for it?? cant just use your passport?
There will be a fee for the visa, plus they will make you buy special health insurance coverage. For comparison, Oceania is charging $125 for this, but for example jetBlue charges $75 for the same things for flights to Cuba.

You raise a good point about the passport. Many passengers on the Sky probably don't have one, and I think that's going to be a problem for Cub…

This is very exciting news! Cuba is a bucket list for us, but it will be way too pricey to fly to FL for a 4 nighter. We will have to wait for the 7 day trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is the latest info I got on the SKY cruises to Cuba-

http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/12/the-latest-information-on-norwegian-sky.html

There will be a fee for the visa, plus they will make you buy special health insurance coverage. For comparison, Oceania is charging $125 for this, but for example jetBlue charges $75 for the same things for flights to Cuba.

You raise a good point about the passport. Many passengers on the Sky probably don't have one, and I think that's going to be a problem for Cub…

Do you not need a passport to travel to the Bahamas too? We're from the Netherlands so we need a passport to travel to the US anyway, so for us it's no problem. Just wondering now.. Would NCL take care of the visa or would we need to arrange this ourselves through the Cuban embassy here?

Yes, Americans can normally do round trip cruises to the Bahamas without a passport.

The visa for Cuba will be an extra charge (whether you go through NCL or another service or ask at the consulate). But it's really just a simple paper form that they sell you, and you have to fill it out yourself. There's no application process or anything. So for most people it would be an unnecessary hassle to go the consulate just for that.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm curious too, as to how NCL is going to do this. Are they just going to change the itinerary on the cruise passengers that have already booked during this time?

I'd be a little upset if I had booked a cruise vacation, thinking I was going somewhere, and ended up somewhere else. I could understand missing a port, or swapping a port to get away from bad weather, but to miss it just because NCL decides that they want to go to Cuba instead, just doesn't seem fair to their passengers.

Hi,

This is exactly what happened to us.

Although It IS an awesome opportunity, we booked two reservations on this trip to take family members on a BAHAMAS BEACH honeymoon.

They are coming from England and have a short window to cruise with us.

We weren't planning on a humanitarian trip at this time and we are kind of stuck at this point.

NCL has not even updated the excursions to reflect the CUBA portion of this trip and I am a person who likes to plan things.

UGH, if I could cancel and find something that fit the time frame we have, I would.

Has anyone received any kind of deals or help in scheduling a different cruise if you don't want to go to Cuba? Is NCL reimbursing the costs incurred for deposit, air fare, hotels, etc. if you decide to cancel?

Has anyone received any kind of deals or help in scheduling a different cruise if you don't want to go to Cuba? Is NCL reimbursing the costs incurred for deposit, air fare, hotels, etc. if you decide to cancel?

Final payment for the May cruises are not due for standard cabin until late February.The suites I am sure are due earlier.

Depending on how you booked your hotel, most will allow cancellation up till

24 hours prior to check in.

I am sure NCL will not reimburse for air or hotel.

If you purchased insurance check policy to see if it covers change of itinerary.

Elainemh, I hadn't thought about trip insurance possibly covering this. Thanks for the suggestion. Sometimes the best airfares and hotel prices are non-refundable. So, I'm just curious if they are offering any help since they changed the itinerary.