Is it easy to get a key card to enter other family's room

erber

We are traveling with our two adult children. We booked it (because of a senior discount) with my husband in one room with one child and me in the other room with another of our children.

We want to switch it so the kids are in one room and we are in the other. In order to preserve the discount we cannot change the booking, but I understand you can get card keys to enter another family member's room.

Is that an easy thing to do once you board?

I assumed they both need to go together. My son and husband will just go together and ask to have a key to each other's room. That should solve the problem! Thanks.

Once on the ship, you can ask guest services to actually "assign" your husband to your room - Sign & Sail folio, room keys, messages, Carnival paperwork, etc.

Once you are done with check-in, this does not affect your rate.

My wife & I do this all the time with other family members (as you are) or friends to get better rates.

Once on the ship, you can ask guest services to actually "assign" your husband to your room - Sign & Sail folio, room keys, messages, Carnival paperwork, etc.

Once you are done with check-in, this does not affect your rate.

My wife & I do this all the time with other family members (as you are) or friends to get better rates.

I wonder if they would do this with minors in the room? We had to put my 22 year old niece with my 2 oldest sons (19 and 17 come cruise time) because the 3 person cabin is about 5-6 rooms down from mine. My youngest son (14) and 12 yo daughter is in the 2 person room next to me. Ideally, my niece and daughter would share the 2 person room, and the boys all share the other.

We are traveling with our two adult children. We booked it (because of a senior discount) with my husband in one room with one child and me in the other room with another of our children.

We want to switch it so the kids are in one room and we are in the other. In order to preserve the discount we cannot change the booking, but I understand you can get card keys to enter another family member's room.

Is that an easy thing to do once you board?

You don't need to get extra key cards. Upon embarkation, all of you go to Guest Services and explain who you want in which cabin. They will reprogram your Sail & Sign cards so the right people share cabin. The discount price will not be affected at all.

We have done this twice so far. Both times we each had on board credit when we booked separate cabins. When we switched at GS, my husband's obc remained on his S&S account. It was nice starting the cruises with $200 obc instead of $100.

I wonder if they would do this with minors in the room? We had to put my 22 year old niece with my 2 oldest sons (19 and 17 come cruise time) because the 3 person cabin is about 5-6 rooms down from mine. My youngest son (14) and 12 yo daughter is in the 2 person room next to me. Ideally, my niece and daughter would share the 2 person room, and the boys all share the other.

Guest Services will do this for you. You'll need all the S&S cards.