My trip insurance paid off!

Jacqueline

Just in time to pay for my sailing next week.

I know that the topic of insurance comes up now and again.

I fell and broke my hip in May when I was overseas. I had a series of operations and evacuations (helicopter, private medical jet, first class air ticket). All in all well over $100,000.

Roam Right paid every thing in full for that claim!

I am still waiting on my trip interruption claim, which is a relatively small amount, by comparison. And obviously my trip was interrupted!

And I am constantly amazed with the posters on CC who ask if travel insurance is necessary:eek:

You just never know what is round the next corner. I wouldn't dream of leaving the country without it.

I'm glad that it has worked out for you and that you are now well enough to cruise again.

Edited by Aussieflyer

Jaqueline:

Thank you so much for posting about your experience. As we all know, insurance is judged by how well the company responds to a claim.

I have never heard of the company that you used, but am glad to have another option for my world cruise in 2018.

Enjoy your upcoming trip.

I agree-a friend had a very similar mishap in a horrible place in the Caribbean and was covered by insurance-with similar excellent results. I tell that story to anyone who tells me they don't need insurance. We always get it and just consider it part of our travel expenses.

Fortunately have never used it except once for a missing piece of luggage but even that made us happy we had it. You wouldn't go without car or homeowner's insurance even if you never need it. Stuff happens!

Flo

And I am constantly amazed with the posters on CC who ask if travel insurance is necessary:eek:

You just never know what is round the next corner. I wouldn't dream of leaving the country without it.

I'm glad that it has worked out for you and that you are now well enough to cruise again.

I never use the cruiseline's policy. Way too many "loopholes".