Free first night specialty restaurant dinner

chloe45

Has anyone been able to swap this suite perk to another night? The reason I ask is that the first night they usually have prime rib in the MDR and I love that.

It has been reported that yes you can change nights.

Not sure if you could do that on all ships as sometimes they operate differently.

Has anyone been able to swap this suite perk to another night? The reason I ask is that the first night they usually have prime rib in the MDR and I love that.

Unfortunately, you can not switch it for another night. We have tried on several occasions, but have never been successful. But you can ask, cause you never know, and they may say "yes".

You are right -- they always have prime rib in the MDR. However, you can go do the Crown Grill and get Prime Rib there (I believe, if my memory serves me, which is sometimes doubtful).

Good luck and if you get a chance, report back as to what happened.

I am wondering about this myself.

On our last three cruises we went to the Crown Grill the first night.

From what I understand, the Sterling steakhouse is not open on the first night aboard the Pacific Princess. They alternate between Sabatini's and Sterling. Hubby doesn't like Italian food.

Guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

We have requested a switch of nights a number of times and have never been turned down.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Who did you talk to, to make the request? Passenger services or the venue itself. Did they give you a card or something acknowledging the request?

Who did you talk to, to make the request? Passenger services or the venue itself. Did they give you a card or something acknowledging the request?

In one instance it was done at the venue...Crown Grill. All other times it was handled by the suite concierge. I have occasionally received a card, but not always.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

I have never had prime rib in the MDR which I would even consider average. That would make me want to go to the Crown Grill to avoid MDR prime rib. Its usually not hot, taste less, fatty and its about as thick as a piece of newspaper ,also tough.

While on the Diamond we received a phone call once we were on board reminding us about the dinner. As we were both tired after a long journey I asked if we could go on another night. Not a problem.

Edited by happysnapper

Back in January we were in our first suite and wanted to meet our table mates the first night. We went to our dining room at the early seating, we had late seating. and told the person at the door what we would like, he got on the phone and got back to us that we could go to a specialty dining room the next night and what time would we like. We were on the Coral and had a great time.

I have done it. It probably depends on the ship and the staff there.

On our Alaska Trip this past May on the Ruby, we were in the Owner's Suite. They just gave us a voucher that we were able to use on any night we wanted as well as any restaurant we wanted.