Beach hotel in Miami

We will be cruising out of Miami next summer. We have stayed at the Intercontinental and the JW Marriott. We loved them both, but would like to stay on the beach next time. Is there a reasonably priced, nice hotel on the beach within an hour of the Port of Miami?

Also, how far are the Keys from Miami? I have never been to the Fl Keys before! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

For the beach you need to stay in Miami Beach, not Miami. The famous South Beach area is closest to POM, but there are many hotels and resorts farther north. Within an hour of POM you could also stay in Hollywood or Fort Lauderdale.

Key West is about a 4+ hour drive from Miami, but the beginning of the keys (Key Largo is the first big stop) can be reached in just over an hour.

Google Maps is your friend!

Edited by JohninDC

We will be cruising out of Miami next summer. We have stayed at the Intercontinental and the JW Marriott. We loved them both, but would like to stay on the beach next time. Is there a reasonably priced, nice hotel on the beach within an hour of the Port of Miami?

Also, how far are the Keys from Miami? I have never been to the Fl Keys before! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is your idea of reasonable?

July-September is our off season so you should see some deals.

Also, how many in your party?

What is your idea of reasonable?

July-September is our off season so you should see some deals.

Also, how many in your party?

I would like to stay under $250, including parking, if we can get something nice for that. While the JW Marriott Marquis was nice, my husband didn't feel it was worth it and said he wouldn't pay that much again. I think we paid about $350ish with parking. We are Marriott rewards members, so we prefer Marriott properties when possible.

It will just be the 2 of us.

Edited by NCteacherlovescruising

I would like to stay under $250, including parking, if we can get something nice for that. While the JW Marriott Marquis was nice, my husband didn't feel it was worth it and said he wouldn't pay that much again. I think we paid about $350ish with parking. We are Marriott rewards members, so we prefer Marriott properties when possible.

It will just be the 2 of us.

Start looking at prices now and book something you can cancel.

I've seen a lot of the luxury properties like; The Mondrian, The Shore Club, and The Loews go for under $200 in July.

As far as parking goes, I would park overnight in the public garage ($14?) to avoid the $40 charge the hotels will stick you with.

It is too early to book now for next summer but you can get an idea of the bargains.

I would imagine the $350 you paid at the Marriott were peak season prices?

There are bunch of Marriott hotels in SB.

I love the Fountainebleu but it is tough to find under $300.

Start looking at prices now and book something you can cancel.

I've seen a lot of the luxury properties like; The Mondrian, The Shore Club, and The Loews go for under $200 in July.

As far as parking goes, I would park overnight in the public garage ($14?) to avoid the $40 charge the hotels will stick you with.

It is too early to book now for next summer but you can get an idea of the bargains.

I would imagine the $350 you paid at the Marriott were peak season prices?

There are bunch of Marriott hotels in SB.

I love the Fountainebleu but it is tough to find under $300.

Yeah, I've already looked and it is too early to book.

We just stayed at the JW a few weeks ago. That included taxes, fees and parking. I loved it there, but dh said never again...he thought it was too much.

A couple years ago we spent 4 nights in south beach. Since we weren't needing a huge resort for our stay we stayed a block off Ocean Drive at La Flora. Perfect location ( a block off the busy beach street) and walkable to everything available in SoBe. The price there in the summer is under $200. As are the other smaller art deco hotels off Ocean Dr. You can check out reviews for La Flora on tripadvisor. That's how we found it. Popular and tough to book in the winter. There's a parking lot right next door.

If your husband wants to save even more, look at those smaller hotels and walk to the beach. Actually we enjoyed the quiet compared to the noise and traffic in the evenings. ;) Prices are very reasonable in summer.